Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft - Scouting Reports
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: 2015 NFL Draft - Scouting Reports Reply with quote

I am starting early this year with hopes to actually get a decent amount done. I will be basically doing Strength, Weakness, Overall for the scouting of the players.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Melvin Gordon III
Position: RB
College: Wisconsin
Height: 6’1
Weight: 213
Grade: 89/100 (Late 1st - Early 2nd Round)
Comparison: Jamaal Charles/Reggie Bush

Athletic Ability
Melvin Gordon is a great athlete and sets himself apart from the rest of the running back class through his athletic ability. He is able to change directions at the drop of a hat, which leaves defenders slipping and grasping for air. His balance and coordination is great as well not losing his legs from under him often, but you will see it happen, I would chalk it up to the turf though.

Competitiveness/Leadership
He is a great leader, which is evident since the entire offense ran through him. The production he put up is ridiculous for any player especially when everyone was expecting him to get the ball, but he also had an ineffective quarterback at the helm which would normally hurt a runner. Gordon went on a 10 game run where he didn’t get less than 120 yards on the ground with less than 1 TD, if that is not consistency than I do not know what is. He is very team oriented looking to make a block for him and is even seen making some clutch blocks at the end of games to allow his quarterback more time.

Mental Alertness
Like stated previously, the offense went through Gordon and if he was not mentally alert then he would not have had the ability to do such a thing. He has good instincts for finding the hole and whether he should bounce the play to the outside or keep it inside.

Strength/Explosion
A very durable player throughout his career not often you will see this player come off the field or not take the field due to an injury. He has a great body to take a pounding, almost looks like DeMarco Murray body wise with a long slender frame. Gordon is also a very explosive player when on the field, if not the most explosive player on the field at any given time. He has the ability to take the ball to the house whenever he touches the ball.

Position Skills
In order to be a great player like Gordon is, you must have a great skill for the position which he has, but he is not perfect. I would like to see him become relevant at pass blocking. Gordon has some pretty horrific whiffs when it comes to pass blocking which he is going to need to correct if he want to be an every down starter in the NFL. He also needs to work on his ability to find holes during his inside running, he is better when he bounces the run to the outside and finds open space. I didn’t watch him as a receiver often, but when running routes they were crisp and he was often more than not his quarterback just didn’t find him. Gordon is a very elusive runner with great cutback ability which makes him very dangerous on outside running, but if he finds a seam on the inside he could be even more dangerous.

Overall
This kid is going to be a superstar in the NFL. He has the ability to do anything you ask of him, outside of maybe pass blocking, which I believe will cause him to fall in the draft. I believe he can be a decent pass blocker in the NFL because I have seen him make some pretty clutch pass blocks for his QB in clutch situations, but more often than not he loses form and whiffs. Probably the most dynamic running back to enter the draft in a few years. I would love to see him used more in the passing game at the next level because he could be scary good after the catch. Gordon has the opportunity to go in the top 10 of the draft or he could fall to the 2nd round, it will be fun to watch where he does go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your anAlyson overall but also think he needs to prove to be a reliable receiver out of the backfield. He might also have to prove his worth as a returner for a year or two if he goes to a team with 1 or 2 good backs
atownfootball16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoyz4life wrote:
I agree with your anAlyson overall but also think he needs to prove to be a reliable receiver out of the backfield. He might also have to prove his worth as a returner for a year or two if he goes to a team with 1 or 2 good backs

Zero percent chance this happens. What team with an already established backfield is going to draft a RB in the first or second round?
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not eligible for this draft, but if we don't find our true FS this year go ahead and count me on the Quincy Mauger (S, Georgia) bandwagon for 2016/2017. From the small amount of tape I saw of him, he can really cover ground and is in good position covering his deep half of the field. Oh, and he can lay the wood too. I still envision Wilcox as a better fit to take over Church's role when/if he leaves.

Just wanted to share. Wink

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
resilient

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connecting my thoughts from the other thread, one reason why I want Dallas to sign a good D-lineman in FA is to free up our options and draft the BPA. Someone like Gordon might be too good to pass up.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Alvin "Bud" Dupree
Position: DE
College: Kentucky
Height: 6’4
Weight: 264
Grade: 81/100 (Late Second Round)

Athletic Ability
No one is going to question Dupree’s athletic ability as it jumps off the tape. Dupree’s speed at his size is unreal, being 260+ and having the burst and speed that he has is freakish. He will not run a 4.3 40, but he has a chance to be the most athletic and quickest defensive lineman at the 2015 NFL Combine. He also shows great balance when making cuts and moving side to side.

Competitiveness/Leadership
Alvin was the leader on his team, continued to play at Kentucky because he wanted to help grow the program. Very competitive playing anywhere he was asked to help the team. He was the player defensive players went to. Dupree was a very productive player at Kentucky being one of the better pass rushers in the SEC. This guy is a big time team player.

Mental Alertness
Knows the playbook and the defense like the back of his hand playing in multiple position even seen dropping back into zone coverage, but mostly being used as their primary pass rusher. Show a great reaction to the play, but doesn’t always show the ability to get to make the play due to technique issues. Watching the 2015 film compared to the 2014 film you can tell an improvement as a total player, early in his career you can tell he relied a lot on his athletic ability, but you can also tell the mental toughness.

Strength/Explosion
Dupree is a very explosive player showing the ability to get off the ball at the snap like Easley. The downfall to his game is the strength, even though he added close to 15 pounds of muscle over the 2014-2015 off season, he just needs to get stronger to be a more effective pass rusher at the next level. He is a very durable player, so the muscle and strength wouldn’t be to keep him on the field just for a overall player. Dupree’s body type is like that of Kameron Wimbley, whom has a perfect body for a LDE for the NFL.

Position Skills
Dupree needs to learn the position because he is a very raw player. He has all the assets to be a great player, but he lacks pass rush moves other than the ability to Ricky Bobby past people and lulling the defender and trying to speed past them with the change of speed. He needs to show a better use of his hands often not using them correctly and allowing the defender to his body at which allows him to control him at the start. Overall he needs to be coached better and learn better technique for the game.

Overall
Dupree can be a very effective pass rusher in the NFL. He has the athletic ability to beat any tackle, but needs to learn the technique to constantly beat defenders and become an overall great pass rusher. He also needs to become more consistent and stop getting caught in one on one battles with the blocker and focus on getting to the quarterback. I might be looking too deep into the player, but he also looks like when he feels he is beat he will give up, but also he shows a relentlessness to get the quarterback that he would never give up. Dupree has everything a coach can want to turn them into an all-pro player. He has the athletic ability, passion, leadership, and intelligent. Under the right coach he can become an elite player, but will need time to develop before someone expects him to produce at that level.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupree may very well end up our pick at the end of the 1st. The fact he is raw but talented being the reason. He was never asked to be a pure rushers - and the fact he was able to drop back so often is exciting.

Combine that with this physical gifts, I think someone will take him late in the 1st. So I disagree with your evaluation of a late 2nd.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Dupree may very well end up our pick at the end of the 1st. The fact he is raw but talented being the reason. He was never asked to be a pure rushers - and the fact he was able to drop back so often is exciting.

Combine that with this physical gifts, I think someone will take him late in the 1st. So I disagree with your evaluation of a late 2nd.

Players are taken higher than they are graded in a scouting report all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 targets for you.

CB Marcus Peters
DT Micheal Bennett
CB Kevin Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
I have 3 targets for you.

CB Marcus Peters
DT Micheal Bennett
CB Kevin Johnson

I will start working on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sturm called DuPree a Demarcus Ware clone, and doesn't think he'll get close to #27.

I haven't watched him yet, but now I'm intrigued.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Sturm called DuPree a Demarcus Ware clone, and doesn't think he'll get close to #27.

That's awfully high praise. I don't agree with him on that one, but that's the beauty of scouting. To me, he's a borderline top 20 pick
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:

Bro. DuPree is great. My gator bias aside, he is my favorite DE this class. He is asked to drop back WAAAAYYY too often. But boy is he talented.

Remeber. Ware at Troy was very good - but no one really expected him to turn into a HOFer. Ware was able to do everything. So can Bud.

I expect him to go in the 20-40 range.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a scouting report on Quentin Rollins CB Miami-Ohio.

He is at the SR. Bowl this week and i have seen him as a dark horse pick for Dallas at #27.

Former Basketball player only played CB for 1 year and had 7 INTs and MAC Defensive player of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: