Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. 6: OTA's begin, Rookies Signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
One of them has to make an impact this year if our pass rush is going to even have somewhat of a chance at maintaining what we did last year

Not necessarily. Bruce Irvin is going to be playing a lot more DE this season and we'll have a pretty consistent rotation of Bennett/Marsh/Scruggs at LDE. I think 1 of them will show up, but I don't think we necessarily need them to.

Bruce Irvin might not be available for a chunk of this season
Sounds like he will be back by training camp likely from what I read

From what I've heard we'd feel fortunate to have him ready for the opener

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he misses 2 games I wouldn't call that a "chunk" of the season.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of you have also seen it...some wag posted a picture on FB of a JS/PC press conference where they were discussing the strategy behind the Hawk's new signing of Tim Tebow. Naturally I went ballistic while waiting for the video to play, but the link only led to a page that said "Gotcha!". Yep, he/they did. Friday 13th, not April Fools day. WTH?
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Sherman is fighting Phil Bates lol

WINTER IS COMING
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rings...

Name on the sides too,

Nice video of the rings...

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Seahawks_Super_Bowl_Ring/9c0afdee-a49e-4b40-8c56-7f95f13fa681
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is freaking sweet.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks so sick

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
so Sherman is fighting Phil Bates lol

Probably happens all the time we just don't hear about it but i like it shows that they still have fire even after winning the SB.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Rumors – Seattle Seahawks Could Start Rookie Cassius Marsh

http://sportige.com/nfl-rumors-seattle-seahawks-could-start-rookie-cassius-marsh-06-29-2014/

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks are a perfect example of a team that doesn’t look at the experience and numbers that come with a player: They give the best and most suitable ones the bigger roles. Rookie Cassius Marsh out of UCLA might be a fourth round pick and a defensive end, position the Seahawks are loaded in, but it doesn’t mean there’s no chance for him to start next season.
The competition is fierce. It’s not just starters Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett who were excellent in the postseason. There’s also Benson Mayowa and Greg Scurggs to consider as competition, but Marsh had an excellent rookie minicamp and despite missing the OTAs because his school was still in session, he has made quite an impact during workout before the fall schedule begins.
According to Terry Blount, Marsh has looked like the kind of player the Seahawks are looking for in their key guys. This defense is about physical defensive backs and a lot of pass rushing off the edges. Marsh fits that mold in a system that proved itself to be an excellent formula for playoff success and eventually winning a championship

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be really surprised if he starts, but I think he'll rotate heavily.

I've heard Cassius is already up to 265

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SoS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He gon' be gewd.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Marsh as a starter this year bar injuries but I agree, he'll get reps as part of the rotation.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting on this line means very little. Last year the starting 4 were technically Chris Clemons, Brandon Mebane, Tony McDaniel, and Red Bryant who were 2nd, 5th, 6th, and 7th in snap counts while "backups" Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, and Clinton McDonald were 1st, 3rd and 4th.

How I would read it is that they like Marsh's run defense for early downs while still providing adequate pass rush at Leo so they can save Michael Bennett's snaps more for pass rushing downs. That is, of course, if its even true.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Montreal Alouettes GM Jim Popp expects WR Duron Carter to be a "highly, highly sought after" NFL prospect when eligible next offseason, a "Cam Wake kind of guy."

Some NFL observers scoff at the CFL, but there is talent there in addition to top-notch talent evaluators. Popp is one of them. Duron is Hall of Famer Cris Carter's son. "This guy can go in and be a No. 1 or No. 2 (receiver in the NFL)," Popp said. "He is phenomenal. ... He’s fast, 6-foot-4, can be a punt returner in the NFL with his size, can run with the ball, has got tremendous body control." Originally a four-star high school recruit to Ohio State, Carter's early-football years were plagued by attitude and off-field problems. Now 23, he appears to have his life together. He'll be eligible to sign a reserve/future contract in 2015.

Have to assume we'll be interested in this kid.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Quote:
Montreal Alouettes GM Jim Popp expects WR Duron Carter to be a "highly, highly sought after" NFL prospect when eligible next offseason, a "Cam Wake kind of guy."

Some NFL observers scoff at the CFL, but there is talent there in addition to top-notch talent evaluators. Popp is one of them. Duron is Hall of Famer Cris Carter's son. "This guy can go in and be a No. 1 or No. 2 (receiver in the NFL)," Popp said. "He is phenomenal. ... He’s fast, 6-foot-4, can be a punt returner in the NFL with his size, can run with the ball, has got tremendous body control." Originally a four-star high school recruit to Ohio State, Carter's early-football years were plagued by attitude and off-field problems. Now 23, he appears to have his life together. He'll be eligible to sign a reserve/future contract in 2015.

Have to assume we'll be interested in this kid.

Good for him getting his life back together. I remember him leading up to his draft class. His Dad didn't' start out his career as planned either.

The CFL is a totally different game but he's got some potential that could translate to the NFL. Adarius Bowman is another guy who went to the CFL and has been lighting it up ever since.

I think WR is the toughest position to translate from CFL to NFL because the receivers are allowed to get a running head start and the coverages are so different.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: