Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

And so it begins - OTA's and Lee injury: News, Notes, Tweets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
THE BIG CHEEZE


Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 266
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parker1035 wrote:
This is just a meh signing, until Leary or our beloved first round pick sucks or goes down in week 1-16 and you're all pissed off at Jerry for not securing depth at such a crucial position. This is a 90+ career starter and 29 years old. Prime age for an OG. He could start and be solid or he could be backup or just be cut. But don't tell me because since he is a cap casualty from one of the worst teams means he is no good. There is such a thing as a good player on bad or mediocre teams. "Oh look at that, Ware got cut." "Bro, Cowpokes suck, so Ware must suck... MEH!"


Perfect statement.

Homeboy can play and I am starting to think that this team is on to something. Our offensive line has an insane amount of depth, its like they watched the NFL network special on the 90's line and a light bulb went off. These signings may go under the radar but they will go a long way in week 10's 4th quarter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superfluous


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 857
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BIG CHEEZE wrote:
parker1035 wrote:
This is just a meh signing, until Leary or our beloved first round pick sucks or goes down in week 1-16 and you're all pissed off at Jerry for not securing depth at such a crucial position. This is a 90+ career starter and 29 years old. Prime age for an OG. He could start and be solid or he could be backup or just be cut. But don't tell me because since he is a cap casualty from one of the worst teams means he is no good. There is such a thing as a good player on bad or mediocre teams. "Oh look at that, Ware got cut." "Bro, Cowpokes suck, so Ware must suck... MEH!"


Perfect statement.

Homeboy can play and I am starting to think that this team is on to something. Our offensive line has an insane amount of depth, its like they watched the NFL network special on the 90's line and a light bulb went off. These signings may go under the radar but they will go a long way in week 10's 4th quarter.


I don't know about the word "insane"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1982
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uche Uwaneri has was more skins on the wall than Selvie, but being a cap casualty and not being retained at a lower cost is suspicious. Its not like Jax has highly touted young players waiting in the wings to replace Uwaneri. That is what make me pause to think how much he still has in the tank. We will find out at TC, and only time will tell.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45226
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Uche Uwaneri has was more skins on the wall than Selvie, but being a cap casualty and not being retained at a lower cost is suspicious. Its not like Jax has highly touted young players waiting in the wings to replace Uwaneri. That is what make me pause to think how much he still has in the tank. We will find out at TC, and only time will tell.


We cut a first ballot HOFer without retaining him for less and had NOBODY - literally NOBODY on the roster to replace him, let alone highly touted young players. We had a Boise State kid who was injured, a veteran journeyman off a decent season, another veteran coming off major injury, and then nothing.

I don't know anything about Uche other than he has started and hasn't been absolutely horrible when he did. If he's nothing more than depth that keeps Romo upright when Leary or Burningadeuce go down, then I'm all for it.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northland


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 4041
Location: Ajax, Ontario
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with improving our depth on the OL and bringing more competition to the G position. Bernadeau played alright last year but I think he is a guy you are looking to replace or to be kinder upgrade. Leary has the knee issue which will arise at somepoint. Bottom line is we have done a great job investing in the OL to make it a strength. I don't have an issue with bringing in a guy who at worst could be an insurance policy in the event of an injury.
_________________
Northland
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24959
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportdfw.com/2014/06/26/cody-mandell-will-beat-chris-jones-punter-position/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT IS SAID.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10945
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://sportdfw.com/2014/06/26/cody-mandell-will-beat-chris-jones-punter-position/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT IS SAID.


Not exactly a quality article, but I'll take it. I am all for Mandell beating out Jones.
_________________


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5488
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://sportdfw.com/2014/06/26/cody-mandell-will-beat-chris-jones-punter-position/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT IS SAID.


Not getting what you're referencing? Do you mean "So let it be written. So let it be done"?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24959
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddus/Position-Battle-Rookie-Punter-May-Push-For-Job/9e64eab3-f7b7-409c-b092-4b54883511b1?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WOOOHOOO

Although, the Bald one is foolishly pretending the Canadian will return.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10294
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of Q&A's with Barry Church.


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140715-barry-church-on-the-surprising-cowboys-defender-who-s-had-the-best-offseason.ece


Quote:
On Morris Claiborne

Barry Church: To me he's had the best offseason out of anybody in our secondary and anybody on our defense. He's completely focused. Before, I would have to give him the check to the defense a couple of times, and now, I'm just like, boom - there's the call and he's ready to roll.


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140715-barry-church-on-the-under-the-radar-player-on-the-cowboys-defense.ece

Quote:
Who is an under-the-radar guy on this defense?

Barry Church: In my opinion, I have to go with Jakar Hamilton. The guy, it's like night and day. His rookie year he struggled a little bit. But now this year he's completely focused out there. I see him doing a lot of work on special teams. He might become a Pro Bowler on special teams and definitely able to help us out on defense in the nickel package. He's had a really productive offseason.


Quote:
What are your favorite battles in training camp?

Barry Church: Me, I love going one-on-one with Jason Witten. Watching? I definitely like to watch Bruce Carter vs. Lance Dunbar when the linebackers go against the running backs in one-on-one drills ... the pass catching drills. Dunbar, he's like the quickest most explosive guy we have on our team. And Bruce, on the defensive side, he's probably the most explosive guy. Their one-on-ones are epic. I love watching those.

On the impact Lance Dunbar can have in 2014

Barry Church: I see him impacting this team as a third-down back, pass catcher out of the backfield, screens, isolating him one-on-one with the opposing team's linebacker. I see him catching over 50 balls this season out of the running back position and maybe returning kicks or punts with Dwayne Harris.



btw....8 days until TC starts.

Dancing
_________________

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 38348
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Bunch of Q&A's with Barry Church.


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140715-barry-church-on-the-surprising-cowboys-defender-who-s-had-the-best-offseason.ece


Quote:
On Morris Claiborne

Barry Church: To me he's had the best offseason out of anybody in our secondary and anybody on our defense. He's completely focused. Before, I would have to give him the check to the defense a couple of times, and now, I'm just like, boom - there's the call and he's ready to roll.


http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20140715-barry-church-on-the-under-the-radar-player-on-the-cowboys-defense.ece

Quote:
Who is an under-the-radar guy on this defense?

Barry Church: In my opinion, I have to go with Jakar Hamilton. The guy, it's like night and day. His rookie year he struggled a little bit. But now this year he's completely focused out there. I see him doing a lot of work on special teams. He might become a Pro Bowler on special teams and definitely able to help us out on defense in the nickel package. He's had a really productive offseason.


Quote:
What are your favorite battles in training camp?

Barry Church: Me, I love going one-on-one with Jason Witten. Watching? I definitely like to watch Bruce Carter vs. Lance Dunbar when the linebackers go against the running backs in one-on-one drills ... the pass catching drills. Dunbar, he's like the quickest most explosive guy we have on our team. And Bruce, on the defensive side, he's probably the most explosive guy. Their one-on-ones are epic. I love watching those.

On the impact Lance Dunbar can have in 2014

Barry Church: I see him impacting this team as a third-down back, pass catcher out of the backfield, screens, isolating him one-on-one with the opposing team's linebacker. I see him catching over 50 balls this season out of the running back position and maybe returning kicks or punts with Dwayne Harris.



btw....8 days until our team starts falling apart due to copious injuries.



Dancing



Fixed it for you.... Crying or Very sad
_________________

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45226
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who has more injuries this year? Rangers or Cowboys?
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buckwild


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1982
Location: Ft Worth, Tx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Who has more injuries this year? Rangers or Cowboys?


Rangers by a land slide, as they have lost 3/5 of their rotation and 2 players they were heavily relying on to be successful this season.

It would be like the Cowboys loosing Dez and Witten for the season, and then lost Carr, Melton and Carter on the defense.

Cowboys were banged up last year, but didn't lose the most games to injury last year in the NFL. That was the Giants which scares me that they are primed for a bounce back year.
_________________


Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20765
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://sportdfw.com/2014/06/26/cody-mandell-will-beat-chris-jones-punter-position/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT IS SAID.


And no one will beat out L.P. Ladouceur for the long snapper job.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24959
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://sportdfw.com/2014/06/26/cody-mandell-will-beat-chris-jones-punter-position/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT IS SAID.


And no one will beat out L.P. Ladouceur for the long snapper job.


When it finally does happen, I am going to troll the forum so hard. It will be a party of biblical proportions. Laughing
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group