Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360802/article/raiders-have-rookie-khalil-macks-head-spinning

Quote:
Raiders have rookie Khalil Mack's 'head spinning'

When Khalil Mack was coming out of Buffalo, scouts viewed him as a versatile playmaker who could be a difference-maker in any defensive scheme.

In the Raiders' 4-3 defense, Mack is expected to primarily play strongside linebacker, but the skilled 6-foot-3, 248-pounder is likely to see time in multiple spots, including edge rusher in passing situations.

During offseason workouts, coach Dennis Allen and defensive coordinator Jason Tarver have been experimenting with Mack in different packages to see where he will excel. In the process, the coaching staff is throwing a lot of information at the rookie.

"We've got his head spinning right now," Allen said with a wry smile, per CSN Bay Area. "That's a good thing. We're going to try to throw as much at him as we can throughout the rest of this offseason and really even into the early part of training camp, and then at some point we'll settle down to the things that we can execute as a team and execute at a high level."

I love this. Mack can be the guy that dion Jordan wasn't last year.

Please. . . don't mention mack and Jordan in the same breath. People are fascinated by Oregon players who are puffed up by Nike and elaborate uniform color schemes. Jordan is a classic tweener imo. One of the numerous things I love about Mack is that he an unusually large man who came into his body late a la David Robinson or Anthony Davis. Typical of this kind of late bloomer, Mack has the skill set of a smaller man but is now very large for his position.
Mack could carry more weight easily but I've seen Mack look very agile in coverage with very good ball skills. I can't wait to see how they use him. I envision that he will play a role very similar to Von but more stout in the run game.

I only think his versitiliy is what a lot of people envisioned Jordon having. I think that Mack is head and shoulders better than him though. Also both where taken in the top five and where available at our pick.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000360802/article/raiders-have-rookie-khalil-macks-head-spinning

Quote:

When Khalil Mack was coming out of Buffalo, scouts viewed him as a versatile playmaker who could be a difference-maker in any defensive scheme.

In the Raiders' 4-3 defense, Mack is expected to primarily play strongside linebacker, but the skilled 6-foot-3, 248-pounder is likely to see time in multiple spots, including edge rusher in passing situations.

During offseason workouts, coach Dennis Allen and defensive coordinator Jason Tarver have been experimenting with Mack in different packages to see where he will excel. In the process, the coaching staff is throwing a lot of information at the rookie.

"We've got his head spinning right now," Allen said with a wry smile, per CSN Bay Area. "That's a good thing. We're going to try to throw as much at him as we can throughout the rest of this offseason and really even into the early part of training camp, and then at some point we'll settle down to the things that we can execute as a team and execute at a high level."

Ughhh that still bothers me. They're using him all wrong. Lanky, fast, LB/DE hybrid who's used to standing up and covering and rushing the passer? Let's stick him at 4-3 LE and bury him behind another player whose playing well. Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

But yes, I'm really excited about Mack. The more I think about it, the happier I am to have him on our team.

ZIGGY approves of this statement Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Quote:

Please. . . don't mention mack and Jordan in the same breath. People are fascinated by Oregon players who are puffed up by Nike and elaborate uniform color schemes. Jordan is a classic tweener imo. One of the numerous things I love about Mack is that he an unusually large man who came into his body late a la David Robinson or Anthony Davis. Typical of this kind of late bloomer, Mack has the skill set of a smaller man but is now very large for his position.
Mack could carry more weight easily but I've seen Mack look very agile in coverage with very good ball skills. I can't wait to see how they use him. I envision that he will play a role very similar to Von but more stout in the run game.

Exactly, Khalil Mack moves like an agile small guy who just happened to fill his frame into the massive muscle ball we all see in silver & black. I love the Anthony Davis comparison, props. That's a killer comparison, AD was a point guard when he was young & grew into a 6'11 freak who moves like a 6'6 player that blocks shots very reminiscent of greats like KG or Bill Russell but shoots & runs the floor like a cheetah.

Mack is indeed a freak, perhaps not the freak AD is but it's a similar case. All his teammates, observing beat writers, & coaches all agree that a guy that massive shouldn't be so agile, so flexible, and still be able to bring the BOOM.

Hopefully he's able to learn what he needs to for our defense to succeed. I have faith because the guy just seems to get it as far as hard work goes, he's got the work ethic of someone who is at a disadvantage. He feels everyone he faces in the NFL is going to be as good if not better than him, which is awesome. Shows he takes on a daunting challenge to overcome & isn't overly confident.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: