Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's left in FA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RabidPanther89

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What's left in FA Reply with quote

jrl23 wrote:
Considering that there is no speed on the roster (Tiquan underwood has yet to impress), Denario Alexander would be a great option for a low price - surprised he hasn't been picked up yet considering his limitless ceiling. Also, dare I say, Santonio Holmes for maybe a short term 2 year contract - enough to hold the team over until younger talent can replace.

Although speed at WR also concerns me I think we are seeing a shift in our approach. If you look at who we brought in. Ed Dickson, KB, and Cotchery. Those guys are big physical targets. We are going to see more 2 TE sets.

Cotchery and Avant will complete the 3rd down catches. Dickson and Olsen will go up the seem. KB will be the redzone target. Underwood and King will be the deep threats. Which I know sounds underwhelming but combined with our running game and Cam they may not need to be anything more.
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefs just cut Brandon Flowers. He was torched last year, but he's not a press corner like their system dictates a need for. I think he can still play at a high level, just not in the way that they wanted. He had an albatross of a contract, so they couldn't trade him.

Doubt we look at him, or that we're really looking for much in the way of CB, but I think it'd be a stellar move to grab him if the price is reasonable. He played at an extremely high level for 4 years before sucking it up last year, and he's still just 28.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Chiefs just cut Brandon Flowers. He was torched last year, but he's not a press corner like their system dictates a need for. I think he can still play at a high level, just not in the way that they wanted. He had an albatross of a contract, so they couldn't trade him.

Doubt we look at him, or that we're really looking for much in the way of CB, but I think it'd be a stellar move to grab him if the price is reasonable. He played at an extremely high level for 4 years before sucking it up last year, and he's still just 28.

Chris Houston was also cut from the Lions today. I don't know much about these players in terms of scheme fit, and I don't really know what our cap situation looks like. However, if the cap looks alright and one of these guys fits well for cheap I think it would be smart to bring one of them in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:

Chris Houston was also cut from the Lions today. I don't know much about these players in terms of scheme fit, and I don't really know what our cap situation looks like. However, if the cap looks alright and one of these guys fits well for cheap I think it would be smart to bring one of them in.

This. It wouldn't hurt to bring either in and see how they fit in our scheme. Either would be an upgrade at our CB position anyway.

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
rjkilla

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houston has chronic foot problems and might be forced to retire. i'd like to bring in flowers but apparently the falcons are also interested

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danario alexander, david gettis (now a succaneer), and eric winston are the only guys id really want in FA
jrl23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kutless wrote:
Danario alexander, david gettis (now a succaneer), and eric winston are the only guys id really want in FA

Danario would be wise, dumb move for the team not to go after Britt when he was available
rjkilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrl23 wrote:
Kutless wrote:

Danario would be wise, dumb move for the team not to go after Britt when he was available

agreed x10. no risk at all and i'd rather have britt than melvin mcnutt battling for a roster spot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: