Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You guys going to any games this year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panthers11

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: You guys going to any games this year? Reply with quote

Just booked my tickets for the Browns game.
Probably going to the Steelers and Falcons games at BOA as well.
Any tips for the trip? I've been but I'm from FL so any tips on Charlotte are appreciated.
You guys going to any?

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
atown703

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already booked the Car @ Bal game. Excited to see us go against Smitty. I'm still gonna rep my Carolina blue Smitty jersey Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want to go to the bal game but that's to much to travel. Got tickets to the GB and MIN games. The Vikings game is gonna b so cold. Stupid winter
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

live in san francisco, so no. didn't even get to go last year either sigh.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my first game in Charlotte last year against the Saints. Dancing Dancing Dancing

But hopefully this year, living in MD and all, I'm trying to get with some buddies to go to the Philly and Baltimore. I'd still like to make it to Charlotte this again doe.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually try to go to opening day and one of the NFC South games.

We'll see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
live in san francisco, so no. didn't even get to go last year either sigh.

I'm visiting my dad in SF right now.
Is there something your not telling me zithers?

Zithers

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah

get off the computer and do your homework

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
yeah

C'mon man, it's summer break. Unless he's in summer session, in which case, get off the computer and do your homewor--wait, stay on the computer and do all of your computerized homework. Ah, the world we live in.

P11, what would you like to know about Charlotte? I can tell you some good places to eat, drink, go see shows, etc. Maybe some parking suggestions too, if you're driving to the game. Don't know much in the way of hotels.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Zithers wrote:
yeah

C'mon man, it's summer break. Unless he's in summer session, in which case, get off the computer and do your homewor--wait, stay on the computer and do all of your computerized homework. Ah, the world we live in.

P11, what would you like to know about Charlotte? I can tell you some good places to eat, drink, go see shows, etc. Maybe some parking suggestions too, if you're driving to the game. Don't know much in the way of hotels.

As far as hotels, I've had good experiences with the Westin. Even met players as they were staying there one year. Recommendations for a nice place for two college kids to eat the night before? What about tailgating if its just 2 guys that don't know anyone?

Panthers #1 Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm moving back to England I was hoping they would come to London this year but I guess I will be going to the Lions/Falcons game because that should be a high scoring one. But I will be there for at least the next 4 years so hopefully Carolina comes through at least once.
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Carolina does come up to Green Bay this season, so it is very possible that I will end up going to that game. I haven't decided yet just because it is on the one weekend that is just not good for us.

October 18th is the the 2014 Greyhound Gala (my wife and I have two greyhounds and are very involved in that group)
October 19th is the Carolina @ Green Bay game
October 20th is our wedding anniversary

I'm not sure how much money I want to spend in three days. Laughing

Sig by Me
Dingo18287

Most Valuable Poster

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
Well, Carolina does come up to Green Bay this season, so it is very possible that I will end up going to that game. I haven't decided yet just because it is on the one weekend that is just not good for us.

October 18th is the the 2014 Greyhound Gala (my wife and I have two greyhounds and are very involved in that group)
October 19th is the Carolina @ Green Bay game
October 20th is our wedding anniversary

I'm not sure how much money I want to spend in three days. Laughing

I never knew that Greyhound bus drivers all get together and have a gala, but that's cool. High class 2 bus organization ya got there though CK.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Zithers wrote:
yeah

As far as hotels, I've had good experiences with the Westin. Even met players as they were staying there one year. Recommendations for a nice place for two college kids to eat the night before? What about tailgating if its just 2 guys that don't know anyone?

Are you flying or driving? Or I mean, will you have a car? I can recommend cooler places that are a little bit outside of downtown CLT. As far as walking distance from your hotel, I'd go with Mert's for dinner. Classic soul food, if you're into that kind of thing. On N. College street a few blocks from the Westin. Let me know if you've got a car, I could name a bunch of other places that are within 10 minutes drive of the Westin.

If you're trying to eat before the game and not at a tailgate, Green's hot dogs has been a staple in Charlotte for years. It's on 4th street, pretty close to BOA. Good and cheap. Make sure you get cheese fries if you go.

Tailgating...As far as tailgating goes, you probably won't be short on parties to join. However, I've never been to this guys spot, but I always have wanted to. I'd check it out if I were y'all, they seem to be very accepting of strangers. It's off Cedar street, by the Panthers practice fields;

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/12/14/4543236/longtime-carolina-panthers-tailgater.html#.U35ShnamVAk

Dude retired but apparently they still run in the same spot. I'm sure they'd welcome a couple college kids that sought them out specifically.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
burnoutonme wrote:
Zithers wrote:
yeah

Are you flying or driving? Or I mean, will you have a car? I can recommend cooler places that are a little bit outside of downtown CLT. As far as walking distance from your hotel, I'd go with Mert's for dinner. Classic soul food, if you're into that kind of thing. On N. College street a few blocks from the Westin. Let me know if you've got a car, I could name a bunch of other places that are within 10 minutes drive of the Westin.

If you're trying to eat before the game and not at a tailgate, Green's hot dogs has been a staple in Charlotte for years. It's on 4th street, pretty close to BOA. Good and cheap. Make sure you get cheese fries if you go.

Tailgating...As far as tailgating goes, you probably won't be short on parties to join. However, I've never been to this guys spot, but I always have wanted to. I'd check it out if I were y'all, they seem to be very accepting of strangers. It's off Cedar street, by the Panthers practice fields;

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/12/14/4543236/longtime-carolina-panthers-tailgater.html#.U35ShnamVAk

Dude retired but apparently they still run in the same spot. I'm sure they'd welcome a couple college kids that sought them out specifically.

Thanks dude.
And yes, I will have a car. Any tips on cheaper hotels? Think we may go cheaper than the Westin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: