Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Predictions Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan77733

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaepernick - will start strong for four games but go through a slump the next ten games but end the final six with a Flacco type run winning the Super Bowl against the Cincinnati Bengals and earning $20m a season and more importantly, my love and respect. LOL. Smile

Gore - will STILL be the workhorse for our offense and rush for over 1000 yards while having a 4.2 average and 12 touchdowns, cementing his place as the best RB in 49ers history. Miller is well, Miller.

Crabtree/Boldin/Johnson - they start out hot but slump due to Kaepernick but end hot to where our offense is unstoppable come playoff time.

OL - Our OL stays as one of the best and we see the next great center emerge in Martin who starts all 20 games as a rookie. Iupati does great and lands a massive contract with the Seahawks in 2015.

K / P - Dawson and Lee do what they normally do - kick butt.

DL - Our DL declines due to the aging Smith and McDonald but the young backups emerge and make the veterans expendable come February.

OLB - Aldon misses eight games due to suspension but comes back with a rage to record 15 sacks in 12 games including 10 in the playoffs. Brooks plays great but is let go in February due to is cap number and the emergence of Lemonier who played so well in Aldon's absence that the coaching staff wasnt sure if they wanted to bench him. They did. Aldon kicked butt and the future starters at OLB are decided.

ILB - Willis is well, Willis and wins the 2014 defensive player of the year by a landslide. Borland wins the starting spot next to him, starts all 20 games and becomes mini-Bowman in the process while also winning the defensive rookie of the year award. Bowman, not 100% is held out until 2015.

CB - Brock and Culliver start but it's Cox who surprises everyone with his play as the nickel back. Cook wins the dime back job barely and Morris stays as the fifth cornerback and special teamer.

FS - Due to an injury suffered by Bethea in September, Ward starts at FS come October....

SS - Reid moves over to SS due to the Bethea injury and Ward being moved to FS...the 49ers safety combo of Ward and Reid becomes the second best after Thomas/Chancellor and the 49ers dont look back. Come February, the 49ers release veteran Bethea.

KR / PR - James surprises everyone in pre-season by returning a kick and punt return in the same game. Earns a roster spot. Goes on to have two punt return TD's and four kick return TD's in the season. Also, contributes on offense with screens and tosses to where the 49ers decide to keep him for the final year of his rookie contract.

2015 -

Kaepernick and Harbaugh get paid. Gore retires with a Super Bowl ring as Hyde/Lattimore and James become our RB core. Hunter signs with an AFC team. Crabtree gets re-signed as we release Boldin. Crabtree and Johnson are our starters for at least the next two years. Vernon gets extended.

OL wise, Iupati is gone to SEA but Thomas becomes as good by year's end after struggling early on due to rust and not being in "football shape".

Defensively, several major changes. Justin retires with a Super Bowl ring. Dorsey is allowed to leave as an UFA. McDonald gets released. Carradine, Williams and Jerod-Eddie become our starting DL. Our LB core is now Aldon, Willis, Bowman and Lemonier. Wilhoite and Lynch are our main inside and outside backups. Borland coming off being the defensive rookie of the year gets traded for a high second round draft pick.

49ers trade their first and both second round draft picks to get the best cover cornerback in the draft to start opposite Brock. Culliver leaves as a free agent. Cox gets re-signed to play nickel. Ward and Reid are set as the starting safety combo. Secondary becomes the youngest and in time, most feared in the league, even more so than the Seattle Seahawks.

Granted, some predictions are probably not going to happen but what the hell, mine as well make predictions that I actually want to see come true. Very Happy
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont have time to really make the predictions that I want to right now. hopefully Ill get around to it later.

Looking at the schedule again, it almost seems like the NFL designed the Raiders game to be a trap game. they put it in between both seahawks games hoping that we would overlook them, especially because its the game after thanksgiving so we will have a few extra days off. when I first saw the schedule I thought the raiders game was one of the few 'gimmies'. but now after all the FA moves they have made (especially to that defense) and the timing of the game, it almost seems like the NFL wants us to lose that game to prove their is parady... NO THANK YOU! imagine beating the shehawks twice but losing to the raiders in between that... ugh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: