Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Predictions Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iscariotradio


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 517
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: 2014 Predictions Thread Reply with quote

Not sure if this is started in another thread, but I'd like to hear some predictions for the upcoming season. This can consist of roster predictions, individual player predictions, team predictions, etc.

For example, I predict that Ward will finish the season with ~3 interceptions, Baldwin/Lloyd get cut, Wilhoit will fill in for Bowman over Borland and we'll finish with a 12-4 record.
_________________

Forge wrote:
Patrick Willis has a slight fracture in his hand, but he won't miss any time, and Willis with a club is even scarier than normal Willis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
49ersfan


Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 6604
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll predict our team's W/L record, going game by game

@Cowboys- W
Bears- W
@Cardinals- W
Eagles- L
Chiefs- W
@Rams- W
@Broncos- W
Bye
Rams- W
@Saints- L
@Giants- W
Redskins- W
Seahawks- W
@Raiders- W
@Seahawks- L
Chargers- W
Cardinals- W
_________________
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Blaine Gabbert will have exactly 3 pass attempts.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iscariotradio


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 517
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I predict Blaine Gabbert will have exactly 3 pass attempts.


I'm interested to know the results of said passes. Laughing
_________________

Forge wrote:
Patrick Willis has a slight fracture in his hand, but he won't miss any time, and Willis with a club is even scarier than normal Willis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rudyZ


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 13366
Location: Québec
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iscariotradio wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I predict Blaine Gabbert will have exactly 3 pass attempts.


I'm interested to know the results of said passes. Laughing



1 completion, 7 yards, no TD, no INT, no first down, fourth quarter, week 5, completed to Stevie Johnson, 2 yards after the catch, quick slant, left side. I incompletion out of bound, down the right sideline. One iffy drop down the middle. Two different series. Gabbert will otherwise be known as Captain Hand-off.
_________________


RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iscariotradio


Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 517
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
iscariotradio wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
I predict Blaine Gabbert will have exactly 3 pass attempts.


I'm interested to know the results of said passes. Laughing



1 completion, 7 yards, no TD, no INT, no first down, fourth quarter, week 5, completed to Stevie Johnson, 2 yards after the catch, quick slant, left side. I incompletion out of bound, down the right sideline. One iffy drop down the middle. Two different series. Gabbert will otherwise be known as Captain Hand-off.


I'll be watching in week 5 with bated breath!
_________________

Forge wrote:
Patrick Willis has a slight fracture in his hand, but he won't miss any time, and Willis with a club is even scarier than normal Willis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3577
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Miller scores the very first TD of the season for us.

Stevie Johnson and Richard Sherman will have some VERY heated moments this season. Resulting in some crucial 15 yard penalties for us.

Eric Reid becomes a top 3 safety in the NFL this year.

Our CB's show that we still need help at that position.

We will throw the football more to open up the running game.

Somebody gets us a KR TD week 3.

We see almost nothing from Patton or Ellington as we refuse to go 4WR but do play more 3WR sets.

We throw 1 screen pass all season. It will be a 13 yard gain. We then never see it again.

Vance Mcdonald again does nothing for us this season and we look to the 2015 draft to address the problem.

Lattimore and Hunter look amazing in pre-season while Hyde vultures goal line TD's.

Gore shares a lot of snaps this season and we see the last of him in a 49er uniform. Hunter will be the #2.

Patrick Willis wins DPOY

We still have the occasional clock issues but the majority of it finally gets fixed this season.

Kaep looks good and shows improvements making this team and fan base comfortable with the extension.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 27682
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very disappointed if McDonald has another quiet season. Not everything is on him as Kap needs to get him more touches, but he has some nice ability after the catch. Who knows, if he fails maybe we use Millard in the Walker role in 2015?

I'm digging Willis having a huge season. Maybe we use him around the LOS more now that Bowman is out. People don't realize his role changed where he isn't able to make as many TFLs, sacks, ect. But if Borland gets the starting job, it is unlikely as Willis will be needed more in the coverage game.

Johnson and Sherman getting into it? Nice Laughing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gore Whore 21


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 4353
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I would be very disappointed if McDonald has another quiet season. Not everything is on him as Kap needs to get him more touches, but he has some nice ability after the catch. Who knows, if he fails maybe we use Millard in the Walker role in 2015?

I'm digging Willis having a huge season. Maybe we use him around the LOS more now that Bowman is out. People don't realize his role changed where he isn't able to make as many TFLs, sacks, ect. But if Borland gets the starting job, it is unlikely as Willis will be needed more in the coverage game.

Johnson and Sherman getting into it? Nice Laughing.

_________________
saintsfan on the sig

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3577
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I would be very disappointed if McDonald has another quiet season. Not everything is on him as Kap needs to get him more touches, but he has some nice ability after the catch. Who knows, if he fails maybe we use Millard in the Walker role in 2015?

I'm digging Willis having a huge season. Maybe we use him around the LOS more now that Bowman is out. People don't realize his role changed where he isn't able to make as many TFLs, sacks, ect. But if Borland gets the starting job, it is unlikely as Willis will be needed more in the coverage game.

Johnson and Sherman getting into it? Nice Laughing.


Yeah i just see Willis having a monster season. W/out Bowman I see him making a lot more plays. Kind of like his rookie and 2nd year with the team where he was literally everywhere. Competing with Bowman has made Willis typical #'s drop.

I was VERY high on Mcdonald but he really disappointed me last year. I have no evidence or anything just a gut feeling he won't be what we all thought he was going to be.

About Johnson and Sherman. I was talking to a huge buffalo fan I know and he said whenever those two played each other which has only been like twice that the talking literally never stopped. Said both players just wouldn't back down. Now imagine him seeing Sherman twice a year and it actually being a rivalry. Plus just seeing those gifs of Johnson burning Sherman and spiking the ball harder than Gronk made me think those two games this season will be a lot more fun to watch. I felt like Boldin was the only guy to not back down to the chatter which IMO is needed against a team like that. I know most feel we should let them talk and just walk away but I think it gets the team and fans going when Boldin gets up in Shermans face.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kap wins the Super Bowl with a fade to Crabtree, chaos ensues.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3577
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Kap wins the Super Bowl with a fade to Crabtree, chaos ensues.


and has zero turnovers and zero rushing yards Shocked
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AMG1713


Joined: 05 Mar 2013
Posts: 680
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Lemonier eats into Ahmad Brooks playing time after Aldon comes back, ends the season with 8+ sacks

- Frank Gore has less than 200 carries

- Mike Iupati has a dominant All-Pro contract year.

- Bethea has a better year than Whitner

- Kap has 500 attemps, 25 tds, and 10 ints

- Aldon suspended only 3 games, fined historic amount

- Bruce Ellington returns both a punt and kick for TDs in the regular season

- LaMichael James traded to the Patriots before the season

- 49ers finish the season with a 11-5 record, second in the NFC West

- 49ers win Super Bowl

- 49ers and Harbaugh agree to terms on contract extension, 20 minutes after Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk declares that Harbaugh is leaving for Miami.
_________________
BoosterRooster22 wrote:
I'd bet my house that JaMarcus Russell has a successful career
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NcFinest9erFan


Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 3113
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We end the season 12-4 which includes us going into Seattle and giving them a tail kicking 31-10.

Frank Gore and Justin Smith both announce their retirement before the playoffs.

We win the SB by defeating the colts 31-17. Kaep is named SB MVP as he accounts for all 4 TDs(3 passing and 1 rushing).

Aldon, Kaep, and Jim gets paid.

Crabtree gets tagged and shipped to Carolina for a king's ransom.

Greg Roman gets hired by the Oakland Raiders.

We all start the Dynasty talks....
_________________
"I've played in a Super Bowl, NFC championship, but before I leave, I want God to bless me and my teammates and get us a ring," Gore said."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 23099
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
We end the season 12-4 which includes us going into Seattle and giving them a tail kicking 31-10.

Frank Gore and Justin Smith both announce their retirement before the playoffs.

We win the SB by defeating the colts 31-17. Kaep is named SB MVP as he accounts for all 4 TDs(3 passing and 1 rushing).

Aldon, Kaep, and Jim gets paid.

Crabtree gets tagged and shipped to Carolina for a king's ransom.

Greg Roman gets hired by the Oakland Raiders.

We all start the Dynasty talks....


My body is ready
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group