Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Draft Thread: College Prospects Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: 2015 Draft Thread: College Prospects Watch Reply with quote

I know we just wrapped up the 2014 Draft and I might have to say, this was a very good class getting immediate starters/contributors in AS Jenkins, Evans and Sims. Possibly Edwards and Herron as a Slot WR.

But again, you cannot fill all needs in one offseason. Looking at our roster right now, we are lacking a Franchise QB, could have a need at OT or G if neither guys drafted step up and Dotson is approaching 30 and not sure how Collins will handle a full time role, DT next to McCoy is fairly thin, and I still question the FS spot and awaiting Barron's consistent development into an elite pro bowl safety. If Bowers and Clayborn arent retained, DE is another question.

Thankfully, we have Jason Licht's BPA approach.

I'd rank the top needs to date: *= Critical

1. QB*
2a: OL*
2b: DT
4. DE


Last edited by REDandPEWTER on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 4296
Location: NS922 on the sig
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to early for 2015 Draft Needs Laughing
_________________

Adopt a Buc: Vincent Jackson 43 Catches 561 Yards 2 TDs
Mariota or Bust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 29839
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we play this season before we worry about the next one? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3670
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
Way to early for 2015 Draft Needs Laughing

bucsfan333 wrote:
Can't we play this season before we worry about the next one? Laughing

This...




But you guys have to understand R&P has zero support for our QB's and already has them written off and failing. He SAYS he supports them but threads like this and other posts say other wise.
_________________
wrote:
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
Way to early for 2015 Draft Needs Laughing

bucsfan333 wrote:
Can't we play this season before we worry about the next one? Laughing

This...




But you guys have to understand R&P has zero support for our QB's and already has them written off and failing. He SAYS he supports them but threads like this and other posts say other wise.


Zero support for our qbs? I think I mentioned other needs too?

I enjoy watching prospects in this down time and love college football so excuse me for starting a thread non related to our upcoming season.

And I've stated before I'm a realist and non delusional fan. I'll support my team and qbs. No matter what. However if you want my honest opinion, our franchise qb isn't on this roster and for good reason McCown was a journey man back up /3rd stronger. To think he can suddenly bring us to the promise land is a pipe dream. I'd prefer mike glennon to start this year to be honest. It'll show where he is and our standing on the qb position really is.

But until I'm proven wrong, which I hope I am, qb still stands as a weakness for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 29839
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "wait and see" approach isn't delusional. It's not the idea of some overly optimistic fan. It's, "let the damn season play out before we worry about it."

We've still got 16 (hopefully more) games to play before this is even a worthy conversation. Thinking Glennon might be our guy is no better or worse than thinking he isn't. But none of us know until we actually play games. Games that matter.

So let's table this discussion until we have more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
A "wait and see" approach isn't delusional. It's not the idea of some overly optimistic fan. It's, "let the damn season play out before we worry about it."

We've still got 16 (hopefully more) games to play before this is even a worthy conversation. Thinking Glennon might be our guy is no better or worse than thinking he isn't. But none of us know until we actually play games. Games that matter.

So let's table this discussion until we have more information.


The purpose of this thread is to talk about future prospects from watching college film. It's a ways away til TC. Not skipping ahead to the 2015 season. A lot can happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 29839
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
A "wait and see" approach isn't delusional. It's not the idea of some overly optimistic fan. It's, "let the damn season play out before we worry about it."

We've still got 16 (hopefully more) games to play before this is even a worthy conversation. Thinking Glennon might be our guy is no better or worse than thinking he isn't. But none of us know until we actually play games. Games that matter.

So let's table this discussion until we have more information.


The purpose of this thread is to talk about future prospects from watching college film. It's a ways away til TC. Not skipping ahead to the 2015 season. A lot can happen.

The title of this thread says otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3670
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I enjoy watching prospects in this down time and love college football so excuse me for starting a thread non related to our upcoming season.

And I've stated before I'm a realist and non delusional fan. I'll support my team and qbs. No matter what. However if you want my honest opinion, our franchise qb isn't on this roster and for good reason McCown was a journey man back up /3rd stronger. To think he can suddenly bring us to the promise land is a pipe dream. I'd prefer mike glennon to start this year to be honest. It'll show where he is and our standing on the qb position really is.

But until I'm proven wrong, which I hope I am, qb still stands as a weakness for us.

So if that is the case, why did we not draft Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel or Garappollo? We had a chance at all 4
_________________
wrote:
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4240
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the usual draft wait plus the extra 3 or 4 weeks, I don't want to think about the next draft until our season is over. Hopefully in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I enjoy watching prospects in this down time and love college football so excuse me for starting a thread non related to our upcoming season.

And I've stated before I'm a realist and non delusional fan. I'll support my team and qbs. No matter what. However if you want my honest opinion, our franchise qb isn't on this roster and for good reason McCown was a journey man back up /3rd stronger. To think he can suddenly bring us to the promise land is a pipe dream. I'd prefer mike glennon to start this year to be honest. It'll show where he is and our standing on the qb position really is.

But until I'm proven wrong, which I hope I am, qb still stands as a weakness for us.

So if that is the case, why did we not draft Bridgewater, Carr, Manziel or Garappollo? We had a chance at all 4


Well obviously they felt confident in glennon and McCown enough to surround them with weapons. Ira Kaufman even stated lovie thinks he can win with good defense and an average qb play. I don't agree with it but hey that's their decision. Just like im sure you don't agree with moves our organization makes either.



Laughing

There is no doubt I like what's being surrounded around the qb position to succeed. It'll be interesting to see if the right call was made but I'll say this: I hope glennon wins the job outright so we can see if he's the guy and shows more development bc he outright got worse as the season went forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHOMP_CHOMP


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 3489
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will bite and be the first to talk about prospects.

A guy I was very high on this past year, but he decided to stay in school is Bryce Petty from Baylor.

He also just seems like a Tedford guy to me. If all goes well, and we are picking somewhere in the likes of 16-20. I think that would be a great spot to take a shot on Petty. As of now of course, his stock could go way up or way down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
Well, I will bite and be the first to talk about prospects.

A guy I was very high on this past year, but he decided to stay in school is Bryce Petty from Baylor.

He also just seems like a Tedford guy to me. If all goes well, and we are picking somewhere in the likes of 16-20. I think that would be a great spot to take a shot on Petty. As of now of course, his stock could go way up or way down.


I like petty as well. But I was happy to see him not declare. One year of college ball as a starter isn't enough of a resume for me. I like his skill set and intangibles. Quick release and ball placement. Seems like a good fit for Tedfords system. Let's see if he improves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leadkills


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 329
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just ask why you hope that qb continues to be a weakness for us in the upcoming season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8643
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadkills wrote:
Can I just ask why you hope that qb continues to be a weakness for us in the upcoming season


Never said we "hope" it does. Watch the qb play the last few seasons and you'll wonder why we still question it. I actually hope Glennon has a foles like transition into this new offense. But it's a wait and see process. He was a check down machine at nc state and showed his rookie year. Only this year will tell. Til then I'd say it's still a question mark.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group