Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 Draft Thread 1.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 7122
Location: CA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Edwards would look great in Silver & Black. I'd love to add Shaq Thompson too, but I'm not really sure where he'd fit in our defense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrapTakula


Moderator
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 9440
Location: Gilead
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:


2 Words
Deontay Greenberry

could emerge with a monster season. 6'3 200 pounds from Fresno plays in Houston. Stats as a true sophmore last year: 82 recs 1202 yards 11tds
Numbers should improve and he has no character issues like DGB


Pass.

You can't be thin and slow at WR. Now if Greenberry played in a traditional offense with those numbers and gained 20 lbs we'd be talking.


what dl or wr you like? idk why people wasting time talking about qb. we got our qb for the future.. have to deal with it

It's WAY too early to take this seriously but currently I like the following and am thinking of doing a Raiderwatch follow in the draft thread similar to what I did for Clowney for a few weeks until someone pooh poohed me. DE Mario Edwards, Jr. (who I think is more suited to UT imvho). It might be off the wall but I like WR Darren Waller of GTech.


you mean like a college football scouting thread:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=350437
_________________


Bolansho Boro Begoz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 2074
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:


2 Words
Deontay Greenberry

could emerge with a monster season. 6'3 200 pounds from Fresno plays in Houston. Stats as a true sophmore last year: 82 recs 1202 yards 11tds
Numbers should improve and he has no character issues like DGB


Pass.

You can't be thin and slow at WR. Now if Greenberry played in a traditional offense with those numbers and gained 20 lbs we'd be talking.


what dl or wr you like? idk why people wasting time talking about qb. we got our qb for the future.. have to deal with it

It's WAY too early to take this seriously but currently I like the following and am thinking of doing a Raiderwatch follow in the draft thread similar to what I did for Clowney for a few weeks until someone pooh poohed me. DE Mario Edwards, Jr. (who I think is more suited to UT imvho). It might be off the wall but I like WR Darren Waller of GTech.


mario Edwards is going to be a stud...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 7122
Location: CA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
mario Edwards is going to be a stud...


He has the potential to be an elite run defender. I'd love to pair him with Ellis in the middle, those two could be an awesome duo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May not be a huge need as of now, but if DMac gets injured yet again and or isn't productive and MJD fails to regain his old form we could be in desperate need of a RB. If it ends up that way I would absolutely kill to have Todd Gurley in Oakland. Hes going to be a top 3 RB in the NFL starting day one. Best RB prospect since Peterson. A guy like him would make a lot of sense too, we seem to want to be a run first team that dominates in the trenches and he runs with so much violence and power. Could go a long way towards Carr's development to have a workhorse to keep defenses focused on him. I typically don't like selecting a RB in the first round especially with how the NFL is now but I would make an exception for Todd because I think he can be that good.

Let me be clear I hope that MJD and McFadden make this a non issue. But if they falter I think it could be a good move assuming were not picking top 5. I kind of expect an offense heavy draft next year as I think our defends has a better foundation. Sure we still have needs on defense but I think we will make protecting Carr and giving him weapons our main priority next year. Reggie will go bpa so I wouldn't rule out any defensive prospect just my two cents.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 7122
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to add Todd Gurley. He has the potential to be a special player and like you said he'd give Carr a huge security blanket going forward.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiiiiidersssss


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5253
Location: The Black Hole
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
I'd love to add Todd Gurley. He has the potential to be a special player and like you said he'd give Carr a huge security blanket going forward.


Dude is a beast, but where do you think he is going to go? I've heard on NFL Network and ESPN that he is a projected 1st rounder. Given the Raiders will likely be picking in the top 10, I wouldn't want to take a RB.
_________________
MACKiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 7122
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
OakleyCap wrote:
I'd love to add Todd Gurley. He has the potential to be a special player and like you said he'd give Carr a huge security blanket going forward.


Dude is a beast, but where do you think he is going to go? I've heard on NFL Network and ESPN that he is a projected 1st rounder. Given the Raiders will likely be picking in the top 10, I wouldn't want to take a RB.


He's going to be a top ten pick, he is easily the best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson came out of Oklahoma.

I'm not a huge fan of picking a running back early but when you can add a game changer to your offense, you do it. Especially when you have a young quarterback that you hope can someday be your franchise guy.

Gurley behind the big physical offensive line that McKenzie is building would be freaking awesome.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sundancejoe


Joined: 05 Mar 2006
Posts: 3864
Location: Asheville, NC
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:


2 Words
Deontay Greenberry

could emerge with a monster season. 6'3 200 pounds from Fresno plays in Houston. Stats as a true sophmore last year: 82 recs 1202 yards 11tds
Numbers should improve and he has no character issues like DGB


Pass.

You can't be thin and slow at WR. Now if Greenberry played in a traditional offense with those numbers and gained 20 lbs we'd be talking.




what dl or wr you like? idk why people wasting time talking about qb. we got our qb for the future.. have to deal with it


not quite..If we get a pick of the litter at QB, and a QB like Kevin Hogan is available..I would be all for getting him. Why not? Wont ever be a good time, until we get a QB.
My point, were not passing on a QB because we picked Carr..promise you that.


I find that hard to believe. Carr will get atleast 3 years to prove the doubters wrong.


More like two if the Raiders are in play for Hackenberg. Carr will be the QBotF until an obvious transcendent talent comes along. Mariota, Winston, Hogan are not transcendent. Browne has a chance.


I REALLY hope it doesn't happen, but it's within the realm of possibility that this season crashes and burns, Mck and DA are shown the door and the new FO wants their guy at QB with a high pick. The recent historical precedent is there....

2010-Claussen
2011-Newton

2007- John Beck
2008- Chad Henne
2009- Pat White
(what a mess)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8229
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:


2 Words
Deontay Greenberry

could emerge with a monster season. 6'3 200 pounds from Fresno plays in Houston. Stats as a true sophmore last year: 82 recs 1202 yards 11tds
Numbers should improve and he has no character issues like DGB


Pass.

You can't be thin and slow at WR. Now if Greenberry played in a traditional offense with those numbers and gained 20 lbs we'd be talking.


what dl or wr you like? idk why people wasting time talking about qb. we got our qb for the future.. have to deal with it


not quite..If we get a pick of the litter at QB, and a QB like Kevin Hogan is available..I would be all for getting him. Why not? Wont ever be a good team , until we get a QB.
My point, were not passing on a QB because we picked Carr..promise you that.


He hasn't even taken part in an NFL training camp yet, but you know his future and what future coaching staffs are going to think. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8229
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sundancejoe wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
EricAllen21 wrote:


2 Words
Deontay Greenberry

could emerge with a monster season. 6'3 200 pounds from Fresno plays in Houston. Stats as a true sophmore last year: 82 recs 1202 yards 11tds
Numbers should improve and he has no character issues like DGB


Pass.

You can't be thin and slow at WR. Now if Greenberry played in a traditional offense with those numbers and gained 20 lbs we'd be talking.




what dl or wr you like? idk why people wasting time talking about qb. we got our qb for the future.. have to deal with it


not quite..If we get a pick of the litter at QB, and a QB like Kevin Hogan is available..I would be all for getting him. Why not? Wont ever be a good time, until we get a QB.
My point, were not passing on a QB because we picked Carr..promise you that.


I find that hard to believe. Carr will get atleast 3 years to prove the doubters wrong.


More like two if the Raiders are in play for Hackenberg. Carr will be the QBotF until an obvious transcendent talent comes along. Mariota, Winston, Hogan are not transcendent. Browne has a chance.


I REALLY hope it doesn't happen, but it's within the realm of possibility that this season crashes and burns, Mck and DA are shown the door and the new FO wants their guy at QB with a high pick. The recent historical precedent is there....

2010-Claussen
2011-Newton

2007- John Beck
2008- Chad Henne
2009- Pat White
(what a mess)


Aside from Chad Henne, those QB's were late round talents. And Chad Henne was the Dolphins starter during his 2nd and 3rd NFL seasons, so not sure why you mentioned him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clausen was a second round pick (didn't agree with him even going that high personally)... thing is his play was that of a late round pick. If we totally bomb and end up picking top 5 next year again DA and Reggie will be shown the door without a doubt and a new staff could very well want to draft their guy at QB. However I could see Mark Davis looking to bring in a GM and coach that believe in Carr. Reports were that Mark loved Carr as a prospect and actually wanted him at 5. Now I have no idea of knowing if that's true but if that's the case I'm sure he would like to see Carr get a real shot and would hire accordingly. But if Carr were to see a lot of playing time while we tank our way to the bottom all bets are off. I would almost guarantee the new regime would look to bring in their guy that they believe to be a potential franchise QB. If he plays well and we still suck then its realistic to think that a new gm and coach wouldn't even want to replace him. Too many variables at this point to even begin to predict that outcome.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agarcia34


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 3972
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Gurley is a beast( hate to use that word but it fits him) Best RB to come out since AP.

He is a top 10 talent but will a team spend a pick on a RB in the top 10 when the game is turning into a passing league. Honestly I would love for Oakland to take him. We have a huge O-Line and could create a lot of holes for him and give Carr a huge security blanket.
_________________
#Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 7122
Location: CA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first round next year I want one of the following.

#1 WR
Game changing RB
Elite pass rusher
Franchise LT

With Mack and Carr we have two young players to build around. We need to continue to add young cornerstones that we can build around. A franchise defensive lineman or left tackle would be awesome but I'd also love to see us add a game breaking weapon to pair with Carr.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6201
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
In the first round next year I want one of the following.

#1 WR
Game changing RB
Elite pass rusher
Franchise LT

With Mack and Carr we have two young players to build around. We need to continue to add young cornerstones that we can build around. A franchise defensive lineman or left tackle would be awesome but I'd also love to see us add a game breaking weapon to pair with Carr.


I'm confident that McKenzie will make the kinds of additions in the off-season that the Raiders can go BPA in the draft. If it's WR then so be it. However, to specifically target a WR as a need when was the last time a mega-WR won a SB or even had an major post-season impact? Finesse football wins regular season games; defense wins championships. Absent a bonafide franchise QB (ie:Hackenberg) which I think the 2015 draft is lacking, the Raiders would do well to find another pass rusher (interior or edge) to pair with Mack. My current BB:

RDE
LT
UT
FS
TE
_________________
Nodisrespect wrote:
(on building inside out) teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 5 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group