Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
You guys have the first ballot hall of famer CJ2K he is the GOAT Cool

Can't wait to see what he do this season behind our line.
Are you implying that our line is any better than average?

I've always liked our line more than what the Titans had over the last 4 years.

I'd take the Titans line right now over ours.

Roos-Levitre-Schwenke-Warmack-Oher/Lewan
famousj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
How wouldn't bringing in Johnson not put us in the playoff picture? Our issues last season were our secondary and WR groups. We upgraded the secondary with Pryor and anyone is better than Cro was last season. At WR we brought in Decker, Amaro and CJ as receiving options for our young QB. Adding Johnson to that mix makes our offense dangerous with a potential top 5 defense. The way people talk is like we were 4-12 last season, we were 8-8, and we without Johnson are a legit playoff contender. Adding him would make out chances even better.

Hear Hear!!

I think people is beginning to believe the press about Geno Smith being the worst QB in the NFL and Jets the worst team. We are already playoffs contenders given that the Jets were just 1 win from making the playoffs. No one can't tell me Andre Johnson is not a better WR than Nelson or Hill.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is not gonna be Peyton Manning out there, but with solid OLine in front of him, a great running game with CJ2K and Ivory and a receiving core potentially of Decker, Andre, Kerley and Amaro... I think he can take his game to a Russell Wilson level. Which would obviously be awesome to have a young QB with confidence that grew with talent.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson would be a nice pick up, but I'm not sure if Idzik would pull the trigger on that or not. He is 33, and most WRs start declining quickly once they get into their 30s, especially ones who count so much on their immense physical skills. Plus, the contract for Andre is huge, but we are one of the few teams who could actually fit him in.

See, the problem with him is that since his contract is so detrimental, many of the playoff caliber teams like the Pats, 49ers, ect. don't have the cap space for him. Realistically, only us and the Browns have enough space to take on his deal, and would he really want to go from Houston to Cleveland or NY?

If we were able to trade for him, I would be all for it though. It shouldn't take more than a 3rd rounder, and even though his play might start declining soon, we can take a chance on him. I read somewhere that if someone trades for Andre and he doesn't perform well in 2014, you can cut him with minimal cap penalty after the season. If that's true, all the more reason to try to see if we can make a play for him.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in of few teams that can take on his contract and he fits a need for us. The guy caught for 1,400yds past year with a worse QB than Geno throwing him the ball. Him decker and Kerley would make our offense on par with our great defense.
thebeyonder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Geno is not gonna be Peyton Manning out there, but with solid OLine in front of him, a great running game with CJ2K and Ivory and a receiving core potentially of Decker, Andre, Kerley and Amaro... I think he can take his game to a Russell Wilson level. Which would obviously be awesome to have a young QB with confidence that grew with talent.

I wouldn't judge Geno by the first half of his rookie season coming out of a PURE spread system and working with a below-average WR group. Geno needed time to learn the system, improve his footwork and adjust to the NFL game. He showed improvement late last season with his footwork and reads. His interception rate dropped and he became more efficient.

I think you're underrating Russell Wilson, but Geno doesn't have to be Peyton Manning to get us to the playoffs. All Geno needs is better-than-average performance as w were already on the cusp last year despite Mark Sanchez-lite numbers. If Geno shows improvement and we get Andre Johnson, it's a wrap. So I support getting Andre.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO QBs like Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees are on a different level than Russell Wilson. Now obviously that doesn't mean you can't win with a QB like that, last year shows that. You put an average defense opposite the Seahawks offense and Russell Wilson is just a good QB, not a Super Bowl winning QB. Where this 4qbs I mentioned are the talents that carry teams. The Seahawks defense carries them, not Wilson. Wilson's best quality is that he doesn't turn the ball over. Probably the best quality you can have in a QB. You don't need a QB to throw for 350yds 4tds when u have a great D, great running game. Just don't give the ball up. Geno needs to learn this.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Wilson could lead a team if asked to do so. Because of the ground game & defense, he wasn't asked to do much. When comparing him to the top QB's, he threw the ball at least 200 times less. His WR core was full of #2 & #3 WR's. Geno has A LOT of work to do to reach his level.

I wouldn't be mad if we traded for Johnson, but I really don't want to. We'll be back on track for building this team through free agency again. Don't need probowlers in every position to win it all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
IMO QBs like Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees are on a different level than Russell Wilson. Now obviously that doesn't mean you can't win with a QB like that, last year shows that. You put an average defense opposite the Seahawks offense and Russell Wilson is just a good QB, not a Super Bowl winning QB. Where this 4qbs I mentioned are the talents that carry teams. The Seahawks defense carries them, not Wilson. Wilson's best quality is that he doesn't turn the ball over. Probably the best quality you can have in a QB. You don't need a QB to throw for 350yds 4tds when u have a great D, great running game. Just don't give the ball up. Geno needs to learn this.

Well Wilson also wasn't throwing the the best receivers like some of those other QB's you mentioned. Outside of their run game the Seahawks offensive weapons were pretty pedestrian (with Harvin out)
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that he doesn't have great options, but Tate, Harvin and Baldwin are better than any WR on our roster last season.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/07/jets_breno_giacomini_says_of_chris_johnson_hes_been_a_2000-yard_back_before_so_why_not_again.html

Quote:
I want him to be one of the best backs in the league. Iíve kind of had that privilege, I guess, from the past four years (of blocking for an elite back, Lynch). Itís something I take pride in, and I donít really want to give that away, just because Iím on a different team. And they acquired a back (Johnson) that can be that. Heís been a 2,000-yard back before, so why not again?Ē

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/07/jets_breno_giacomini_says_of_chris_johnson_hes_been_a_2000-yard_back_before_so_why_not_again.html

Quote:
I want him to be one of the best backs in the league. Iíve kind of had that privilege, I guess, from the past four years (of blocking for an elite back, Lynch). Itís something I take pride in, and I donít really want to give that away, just because Iím on a different team. And they acquired a back (Johnson) that can be that. Heís been a 2,000-yard back before, so why not again?Ē

I feel like a lot of people are writing off this team again, if Geno shows what he did the last 4 games, with the weapons we've added I can't see how we miss the playoffs. Then once you're there a strong D and good running game is worth it's weight in gold (and we have a lot of weight!)
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Geno's play will determine a lot. I hope he approaches the season as a QB like he played the last 4 games. He doesn't need to throw for 300yds 4TDs. He needs to be accurate, make smart decisions and not turn the ball over. With added weapons I hope he doesn't force the offense. He needs to have the maturity to pick his spots. Win with defense, running the ball, taking shots passing and ball control.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Geno's attitude. I believe he has the drive to become a decent QB. I'm tired of QB searching every offseason, so I need Geno to be the man. No more of the lack of weapons excuse. We have enough for a QB to at least be average.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Report: Free Agent DE/OLB Quentin Groves Worked Out For Jets http://t.co/OwS2Y0etON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: