Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The talent is their for sure. 6 seasons with no injuries really. 8,000yds 50tds rushing. 2,000yds 8tds receiving. So 10,000yds and 58tds in 6 seasons is very impressive.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
You guys have the first ballot hall of famer CJ2K he is the GOAT Cool

Can't wait to see what he do this season behind our line.
Are you implying that our line is any better than average?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:

I've always liked our line more than what the Titans had over the last 4 years.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:

I've always liked our line more than what the Titans had over the last 4 years.

Yea I'd agree with that but I think this year is such a toss up as far as our line is concerned. I'm not getting my hopes up on how they look since 3 of the 5 positions are new/up in the air
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect our OLine to be middle of the pack in the nfl. Unless somehow Winters, Dozier or Aboushi really surprise people.
MP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we like LaKendrick Ross as a potential pick in tomorrows supplemental draft.

Heard #Jets like 6'5, 365lb. Virginia Lynchburg DT LaKendrick Ross. Bench presses 225lbs a ridiculous 47 times. Entered Supplemental Draft.
Jake Steinberg (@Steiny31) July 7, 2014

As the tweet states, Ross is an absolute house of a man at 6-5, 365. He also put on a show at a workout where he repped 47 times, ran a sub-5.0 40. He didn't get onto the field very often, only playing 6 games at Virginia-Lynchburg, but in those 6 games he recorded 19 tackles, 5 TFL, and 4 sacks. Not bad for the big man.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a spot for him on this team with how good our DLine is. Mo, rich, snacks, douz, Ellis are all locks. I'm really pushing for Hyder to make the team over Finau.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson has officially asked for a trade. Report is 4 teams are interested, didn't say who the 4 were, I heard the Pats were on of them, not sure how they'd do that with their cap situation. Anyway like I've said before the Jets need to hop in this. ASAP!!! High character guy. He restructured 4 times under his contract, supposedly he's requested a trade over a 1mill bonus they didn't give him which he deserved with all his restructures he's done to help the team.
Heymangold

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Andre Johnson has officially asked for a trade. Report is 4 teams are interested, didn't say who the 4 were, I heard the Pats were on of them, not sure how they'd do that with their cap situation. Anyway like I've said before the Jets need to hop in this. ASAP!!! High character guy. He restructured 4 times under his contract, supposedly he's requested a trade over a 1mill bonus they didn't give him which he deserved with all his restructures he's done to help the team.

i'd give up a 3rd.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heymangold wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

i'd give up a 3rd.

Same ... see absolutely no reason not to do this!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Heymangold wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

i'd give up a 3rd.

Same ... see absolutely no reason not to do this!

Johnson wants out of Houston because the QB situation is unstable and he wants to be on a playoff team.

The Jets really don't offer him what he wants. Sure he'd be nice to have, but there really isn't a need for it. We're not a WR away from being playoff/Superbowl contenders. Our playoff hopes rest on the QB situation. If the QB situation works out, then the WR talent we have now should be plenty, and if it doesn't work out then it wouldn't matter who we had at WR anyway.

Just don't see this fitting Idzik's MO.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
famousj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Texans&Year=2014

The dead money figure for the Texans to trade Andre Johnson is 11.96mil. That is alot of dead money to take up cap space. I would trade a 3rd for Johnson or maybe Stephen Hill and a 4th round pick. I though teams could trade dead money. If so, the Jets could take on some of the dead money Houston to make the trade.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
famousj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Texans&Year=2014

The dead money figure for the Texans to trade Andre Johnson is 11.96mil. That is alot of dead money to take up cap space. I would trade a 3rd for Johnson or maybe Stephen Hill and a 4th round pick. I though teams could trade dead money. If so, the Jets could take on some of the dead money Houston to make the trade.

Dead money is trade-able according to this article. Only the salary and roster bonuses are tradeable.

http://overthecap.com/trading-dead-money-nfl-expiring-contract/

However, over the cap already took this into account with calculating the dead money. The Texans still have to count the pro-rate bonus portion of Andre Johnson's contract for years 2014 - 2016. That is how you come up with the 11.96mil in dead money. If Andre Johnson's contract has more guaranteed money in the front end with less signing bonus then the Texans would have less dead money. It is up to Texans whether or not they will take on that big of dead money hit to their salary cap. They still would save about $3.7mil from the salary cap even with the big dead money hit.

http://overthecap.com/cap.php?Name=Andre%20Johnson&Position=WR&Team=Texans

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wouldn't bringing in Johnson not put us in the playoff picture? Our issues last season were our secondary and WR groups. We upgraded the secondary with Pryor and anyone is better than Cro was last season. At WR we brought in Decker, Amaro and CJ as receiving options for our young QB. Adding Johnson to that mix makes our offense dangerous with a potential top 5 defense. The way people talk is like we were 4-12 last season, we were 8-8, and we without Johnson are a legit playoff contender. Adding him would make out chances even better.
Emmanuelv13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soon Rex... soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: