Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE Hardy arrested for domestic violence UPDATE: Found Guilty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/14/greg-hardy-gf-attacked-me-with-her-shoe-i-think-shes-on-coke/

here's hardy phonecall to 911

dude's voice is deep as hell. sounds legit horrified of her too lmao. attacking him with her heels.

also that operator was the most enthusiastic sounding person ever

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/smedia/2014/05/14/17/29/d6dCY.So.138.mp3

here's a neighbor calling

lots of graphic language btw for these two

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
how do you fit 25-30 guns on a futon... ?

i was reading that apparently he had some assault rifles and ak-47s

this makes no sense

Pardon my ignorance as well but why did she refuse treatment and then the next day show up in the courtroom in a sling?

She spoke with her lawyer. She'll try to get an injury settlement.

This whole situation is bizarre, I hope Hardy will be found innocent.

Doubtful.

It's amazing to me how all these idiotic players think they need thirty freaking guns.

It's hearsay at the moment, just something the accuser said while talking to police.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does a 6'4 300 pound athletic freak need 25-30 rifles? one gun for protection i can understand. a couple more if hunting or shooting is your thing. but 25-30? get this guy some mental help before he kills somebody

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
odds are it was all [inappropriate/removed]. she was probably being a [inappropriate/removed] and called the cops.
I dont know what the laws are in NC, but in FLA, if someone calls the cops and there is a domestic dispute, even it its just arguing the cops have to arrest someone.
it is always going to be the male, and the the women realizes she was crazy and never presses charges.
I don't even know where to begin with this. I hope you get a more objective perspective some day.
its completely objective, this kind of stuff happens all the times. its stupid laws that ruin lives.
Please keep in mind you're speaking to a criminal defense attorney, so I am well aware of how frequently these situations crop up. It is generally not laws that ruin people's lives. And I'm not sure how domestic assault laws are "stupid".

What is the law around threatening to kill somebody? If he did it. If the "victim"[Hardys GF] believes her life was in danger.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
waltina wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

Pardon my ignorance as well but why did she refuse treatment and then the next day show up in the courtroom in a sling?
This is what caught my eye. Refusing treatment isn't all that rare, people do it all the time. But if something THAT bad happened and the possibility of charges are on the table, refusing definite treatment comes off as a little suspicious.

And the "25-30 guns" is from the gf's statement. Wouldn't shock me at all if that was an exaggeration.

another thing I don't understand is that they are clearly two completely different story's. One allegedly had the neighbors calling the police, the other has Hardy calling the cops. So who actually called?? Shouldn't that be the first tell tale of whose story is legitimate? Shouldn't the police have on record the number and quite possibly the recording of said phone call?

I need Fret to explain all of this for me.

Both called Hardy and neighbor. Hard to tell if Hardy is trying to cover it up but neighbor said she saw him beat the .... out of her to come now.

Thanks CK
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drics13 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
odds are it was all [inappropriate/removed]. she was probably being a [inappropriate/removed] and called the cops.
I dont know what the laws are in NC, but in FLA, if someone calls the cops and there is a domestic dispute, even it its just arguing the cops have to arrest someone.
it is always going to be the male, and the the women realizes she was crazy and never presses charges.
I don't even know where to begin with this. I hope you get a more objective perspective some day.
its completely objective, this kind of stuff happens all the times. its stupid laws that ruin lives.
Please keep in mind you're speaking to a criminal defense attorney, so I am well aware of how frequently these situations crop up. It is generally not laws that ruin people's lives. And I'm not sure how domestic assault laws are "stupid".
What is the law around threatening to kill somebody? If he did it. If the "victim"[Hardys GF] believes her life was in danger.
Usually it'll be something like Terroristic Threats. Around here it's a low level felony. It's probably similar out there, but I don't know for sure. Could be worse, depending on if the prosecutor thinks there's enough evidence demonstrating an intent to follow through on the threat or if it was simply made to intimidate or terrorize. If it's just words, Terroristic Threats (or whatever the equivalent would be in the relevant jurisdiction). If there are some overt actions evincing an intent to follow through on the threats, then you're possibly looking at Attempted 1st/2nd Degree Assault (depending on circumstance - weapons used, severity of possible injuries, etc.) or in the most extreme cases (not relevant here) Attempted Murder.

In the long run though, this is another one of those "hurry up and wait" things. We have to let the information come in before we really know what happened. It certainly is possible that what actually happened isn't as bad as it initially sounded (not necessarily an uncommon thing where domestic violence is concerned). However, it is also very possible that the situation is just as bad or worse than what was originally reported (also not an uncommon thing).

That's why we (and the NFL) usually have to wait at least to some degree. You just don't have enough information to know what actually happened.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
waltina wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

This is what caught my eye. Refusing treatment isn't all that rare, people do it all the time. But if something THAT bad happened and the possibility of charges are on the table, refusing definite treatment comes off as a little suspicious.

And the "25-30 guns" is from the gf's statement. Wouldn't shock me at all if that was an exaggeration.

another thing I don't understand is that they are clearly two completely different story's. One allegedly had the neighbors calling the police, the other has Hardy calling the cops. So who actually called?? Shouldn't that be the first tell tale of whose story is legitimate? Shouldn't the police have on record the number and quite possibly the recording of said phone call?

Both called Hardy and neighbor. Hard to tell if Hardy is trying to cover it up but neighbor said she saw him beat the .... out of her to come now.

Yeah I posted before the recordings came out. Wonder what really happened.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
waltina wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

The guy in the call was the neighbor. He saw nothing. The girl in the call is a mystery. But the neighbor stated he didn't know who she was and had never seen her before. She asked him to call the cops. It sounds like she was hanging out at Hardy's apartment. For all we know, she is Hardy's gf's best friend.

At least that's how I understod the call.

CK on the sig
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
waltina wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

The guy in the call was the neighbor. He saw nothing. The girl in the call is a mystery. But the neighbor stated he didn't know who she was and had never seen her before. She asked him to call the cops. It sounds like she was hanging out at Hardy's apartment. For all we know, she is Hardy's gf's best friend.

At least that's how I understood the call.

Same. I have a strong feeling Hardy is going to walk away from this innocent.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restraining order against Hardy dismissed after his accuser did not show up in court.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/05/15/4911720/carolina-panthers-greg-hardy-case.html#.U3ULli_WQ7A

Quote:
A request for a temporary restraining order against Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy was dismissed by Judge Charlotte Brown on Thursday when his accuser failed to appear at a civil hearing in Charlotte.

But a short time later, Judge Becky Thorne Tin, the judge who presided over Hardy’s bond hearing Wednesday on two misdemeanor charges, amended the conditions of the bond. requiring Hardy to turn over all of his weapons and firearms.

Quote:
Holder’s attorney, Stephen Goodwin, was present at Thursday’s hearing, but Holder was not.

Goodwin said Holder would no longer be his client, by their joint decision. He cited irreconcilable differences with Holder as the reason, and wouldn’t say if Holder had retained other counsel.

Goodwin said this is the first time since 1996 he has withdrawn from representing a client

64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardy was mad about her dating Nelly months ago.

The plot thickens.

He also told to turn in all his guns.

Thanks CK
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
He also told to turn in all his guns.
That's not uncommon for someone on bond with charges of domestic violence.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Smitty89

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will walk and won't be suspended by the NFL. This girl seems like a nightmare.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelly? Jesus Christ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: