Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE Hardy arrested for domestic violence UPDATE: Found Guilty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to know what to believe at the moment. Apparently Hardy was the one who called the cops but also said that he threw her down and strangled her. Really hope the latter isn't true because that is completely unacceptable no matter what. A 6'4 near 300 pound man, even if being attacked (allegedly), shouldn't need to strangle a woman to get her to stop.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
ericr0319

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
odds are it was all [inappropriate/removed]. she was probably being a [inappropriate/removed] and called the cops.
I dont know what the laws are in NC, but in FLA, if someone calls the cops and there is a domestic dispute, even it its just arguing the cops have to arrest someone.
it is always going to be the male, and the the women realizes she was crazy and never presses charges.
I don't even know where to begin with this. I hope you get a more objective perspective some day.
its completely objective, this kind of stuff happens all the times. its stupid laws that ruin lives.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
odds are it was all [inappropriate/removed]. she was probably being a [inappropriate/removed] and called the cops.
I dont know what the laws are in NC, but in FLA, if someone calls the cops and there is a domestic dispute, even it its just arguing the cops have to arrest someone.
it is always going to be the male, and the the women realizes she was crazy and never presses charges.

While sometimes men are wrongfully blamed, you should really wait till details come out...

@josephperson:
Quote:
Arrest warrant alleges Hardy grabbed victim, threw her to the floor and bathtub, slammed her vs. a futon and strangled her.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

While sometimes men are wrongfully blamed, you should really wait till details come out...

@josephperson:
Quote:
Arrest warrant alleges Hardy grabbed victim, threw her to the floor and bathtub, slammed her vs. a futon and strangled her.

I'm going to wait until anyone but Joe Person reports something.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Moody wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:

@josephperson:
Quote:

I'm going to wait until anyone but Joe Person reports something.

He was at the court hearing. She said he had 25-30 guns on futon that he threw her on and threatened to kill her if she talked.
Her attorney says injuries head to toe and arm in a sling after she went to ER. Doesn't sound like one where she will drop the charges.

17k bond and he has to goto 3 AA meetings a week. both were drunk.
Hardy said she was attacking him and his friend and wouldnt leave apartment Hardy says didnt assault her.

Thanks CK
fretgod99

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
fretgod99 wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
I don't even know where to begin with this. I hope you get a more objective perspective some day.
its completely objective, this kind of stuff happens all the times. its stupid laws that ruin lives.
Please keep in mind you're speaking to a criminal defense attorney, so I am well aware of how frequently these situations crop up. It is generally not laws that ruin people's lives. And I'm not sure how domestic assault laws are "stupid".

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Moody

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

Does the team even consider paying a guy who keeps his guns on the couch? Hardy's destroying his leverage. Doesn't matter how good you are if you are high risk to go to jail.

The thing about all this is that you wouldn't put it past him.
haggis

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
So...

Does the team even consider paying a guy who keeps his guns on the couch? Hardy's destroying his leverage. Doesn't matter how good you are if you are high risk to go to jail.

The thing about all this is that you wouldn't put it past him.

Ready yourselves for the Goodell Hammer!
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you fit 25-30 guns on a futon... ?

i was reading that apparently he had some assault rifles and ak-47s

this makes no sense

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

Pardon my ignorance as well but why did she refuse treatment and then the next day show up in the courtroom in a sling?
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
boondock

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

Pardon my ignorance as well but why did she refuse treatment and then the next day show up in the courtroom in a sling?

She spoke with her lawyer. She'll try to get an injury settlement.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

This whole situation is bizarre, I hope Hardy will be found innocent.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
boondock wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

This whole situation is bizarre, I hope Hardy will be found innocent.

Doubtful.

It's amazing to me how all these idiotic players think they need thirty freaking guns.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
waltina

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

This is what caught my eye. Refusing treatment isn't all that rare, people do it all the time. But if something THAT bad happened and the possibility of charges are on the table, refusing definite treatment comes off as a little suspicious.

And the "25-30 guns" is from the gf's statement. Wouldn't shock me at all if that was an exaggeration.
NHL-Hurricanes
Soccer-Arsenal/Barcelona
NBA-Bobcats/Suns
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltina wrote:
cpanthers178990 wrote:
Zithers wrote:

this makes no sense

This is what caught my eye. Refusing treatment isn't all that rare, people do it all the time. But if something THAT bad happened and the possibility of charges are on the table, refusing definite treatment comes off as a little suspicious.

And the "25-30 guns" is from the gf's statement. Wouldn't shock me at all if that was an exaggeration.

another thing I don't understand is that they are clearly two completely different story's. One allegedly had the neighbors calling the police, the other has Hardy calling the cops. So who actually called?? Shouldn't that be the first tell tale of whose story is legitimate? Shouldn't the police have on record the number and quite possibly the recording of said phone call?

I need Fret to explain all of this for me.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: