Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the 2015 draft needs...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will be the biggest 2015 draft need?
RB
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
FB
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
TE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OT
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
OG
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Interior DL (DT/NT)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
DE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ILB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OLB
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
CB
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
P
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Predict the 2015 draft needs... Reply with quote

So I was just looking at the depth chart prediction thread and it's pretty tough looking at our roster and trying to find a specific draft day need that might be pretty prominent going into the 2015 NFL draft.

I can think of one certain need, but there's a lot of young guys at positions and young depth behind veterans.

Which begs the question, heading into the 2015, what will be our biggest draft day needs? Explain.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably go with Dline or ILB Smile just kidding. Erm I would probably go with either CB or RT depending on how this season and future signings go
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is QB not an option?!?!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Would you honestly choose that?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say, as you mentioned we have pretty good depth across the board. I would have to say CB, because we could even use a first round CB for the #3/future spot, even with Webb/Smith still on the roster. I also thought about RT and WR.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Order of projected needs at this point in time:

RT
Nickel CB
Pass Rusher (DE/OLB)
WR
RB
O-Line Depth
D-Line Depth

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be CB if I'm making the decision today.

Smith will be a year from free agency and could be looking for huge money, Webb is already expensive and has two surgically repaired knees, Chykie will be a free agent, and Asa Jackson is a hot test away from a year long suspension.

Ozzie didn't invest so much of the last two drafts into the defense to not have strong corners.

However....

If we can't re-sign Torrey, or the young guys don't continue to develop, I think WR could vault to the top of the needs list very quickly. Steve Smith wasn't brought in to be a long term solution, and a corps consisting of S Smith/Jones/Brown/Campanaro/Malette is not the toybox you give a $120M QB to play with.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saying OLB.

Suggs will be 32, Dumervil will be 31, and the Ravens don't really have any outside pass rushers coming up behind them. A couple of guys who might be good for situational, sporadic production, but nothing reliable.

The Ravens will have to draft impact players in that position, and I that will be the focus next year.

If I could pick two options, CB would be my second. I hope the Ravens get Jimmy on a new contract, and that Webb stays healthy. And who knows, perhaps one of the UDFA CBs they picked up will become a star. But it's very likely to be a need in 2015.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well let's think about this for a second..

Let's assume for a second Joe has another season like last year, or just another one of his patented "meh" seasons, and the Ravens miss the playoffs behind a lackluster offense, would QB not be a need in the draft, or would everyone still be complacent with mediocrity at the QB position?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
I'm saying OLB.

Suggs will be 32, Dumervil will be 31, and the Ravens don't really have any outside pass rushers coming up behind them. A couple of guys who might be good for situational, sporadic production, but nothing reliable.

The Ravens will have to draft impact players in that position, and I that will be the focus next year.

If I could pick two options, CB would be my second. I hope the Ravens get Jimmy on a new contract, and that Webb stays healthy. And who knows, perhaps one of the UDFA CBs they picked up will become a star. But it's very likely to be a need in 2015.

I think this is the easiest option. Ravens obviously need to get younger pass rushers to step in. Upshaw isn't that answer, and neither is anyone on the roster currently. I think, like you, it'll be a high priority next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Let's assume for a second Joe has another season like last year, or just another one of his patented "meh" seasons, and the Ravens miss the playoffs behind a lackluster offense, would QB not be a need in the draft, or would everyone still be complacent with mediocrity at the QB position?

Dead money against the cap:

2015--$36.4M
2016--$25.85M
2017--$15.3M
2018--$4.75M

So no, QB isn't an option.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

2015--$36.4M
2016--$25.85M
2017--$15.3M
2018--$4.75M

Yikes. Wasn't aware of that.

Well we better pray Joe doesn't have a repeat of last year and actually, like, gets better from his previous years.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

2015--$36.4M
2016--$25.85M
2017--$15.3M
2018--$4.75M

Yikes. Wasn't aware of that.

Well we better pray Joe doesn't have a repeat of last year and actually, like, gets better from his previous years.

Flacco deserves some of the blame but lets not forget

Horrible O-Line
No run game
Boldin leaves. Pitta injured and jacoby was injured for awhile too
besides Brown no one really stepped up to fill the voids.
defense couldnt close out games
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Have you ever considered that, just maybe, when you are alone in an opinion or view that rather than possessing special perspective or secret knowledge, that you're the one who may be off?

I get that you are not a Flacco fan, but to claim that QB will be our biggest need is a bit ridiculous. Maybe if one applies all of the assumptions you have, then they can get there, but I think there are few that are viewing his regression as a trend that will continue downward, given all of the factors that others have mentioned above. Further, the cap hits make it an untenable move anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Have you ever considered that, just maybe, when you are alone in an opinion or view that rather than possessing special perspective or secret knowledge, that you're the one who may be off?

I get that you are not a Flacco fan, but to claim that QB will be our biggest need is a bit ridiculous. Maybe if one applies all of the assumptions you have, then they can get there, but I think there are few that are viewing his regression as a trend that will continue downward, given all of the factors that others have mentioned above. Further, the cap hits make it an untenable move anyway.

Honestly, not calling out Sna's longevity as a ravens fan or anything, but i've watched every game since the 2003 season and I can 100% say Flacco was a big reason why we were even 8-8..without him playing as well as he did in some cases I think we could've been 6-10..team around him probably played their worst collective season since 07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: