Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watching the 2014 Draft QB's, who's going to succeed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
His name is a homophone for his true potential, therefore, I don't see the point. Wink

I am trying to ponder a Christian response to that.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
As someone wanted...

Quote:
The Detroit Lions are adding a quarterback to the practice squad -- as a tight end.

Logan Thomas, who played two games at quarterback for Arizona in 2014 and then was in Miami and with the New York Giants after that, is heading to the Lions with a position switch.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18157253/logan-thomas-joins-detroit-lions-practice-squad-tight-end

Logan Thomas’ stay on the Lions’ practice squad turned out to be a brief one, but it wasn’t because the Lions lost interest in transitioning the quarterback to tight end after one day. Peter Schrager of FOX Sports reports that the Bills are signing Thomas off of Detroit’s practice squad because they also see him as a potential tight end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/29/report-bills-signing-logan-thomas-off-lions-practice-squad/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
just curious.

given our current situation, how do you think this season (and the past 2 seasons) would've gone had we drafted Derek Carr instead of Teddy Bridgewater?

because right now, it looks like Carr is one of the best in the league, and we're not entirely sure if Teddy will ever be able to come back after his horrific injury.

I think the past two seasons would have gone more or less the same with Carr instead of Teddy. Theoretically Carr is a better fit for Turner's offense. However, in spite of his significant arm, Carr consistently settles for shorter passes and check downs, which goes back to his college days. I'm also not convinced that Carr could have handled the poor O line play as well as Teddy. Fact is the guy has been very well insulated by a good to great offensive line and has a lot of good skill players around him, and if you put teddy in his place I firmly believe he would put up as good or better numbers.

Not disparaging Carr. I like him now and liked him out of the draft and I believe he'll be a good quarterback down the road, however I don't think the book is pretty much written in him already like a lot of people seem to.

Regarding this year. Yeah. Having Carr would be a whole heck of a lot better than an injured Teddy lol. I also think he'd be better to have in place of the false sense of hope that I believe Bradford represents, but that's a different discussion for a different thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
However, in spite of his significant arm, Carr consistently settles for shorter passes and check downs....

Not disparaging Carr. I like him now and liked him out of the draft and I believe he'll be a good quarterback down the road, however I don't think the book is pretty much written in him already like a lot of people seem to.

totally agree. he can get rattled too.

in other 2014 drafted QB news....

Former NFL and Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Johnny Manziel has been accused of punching an Austin, Texas bar employee is the nose in a lawsuit filed against Manziel.

According to the Austin Statesman, a brief summary of the lawsuit filed Monday alleges that the man was ordered by Manziel to make drinks but that the man informed him he was not a bartender. The plaintiff was overheard talking about Manziel later by a member of Manziel’s private party, which angered the out-of-work QB. He then allegedly punched the plaintiff in the face, breaking his nose. Before police could arrive, Manziel ran out the back exit of the establishment according to the report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/johnny-manziel-accused-of-breaking-bar-employees-nose-according-to-lawsuit-191440665.html

no drinking problem here. uh uh, nothing to see...

SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There goes any money he had left.

Or a nice chunk out of daddy's pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A former Browns and Patriots executive is talking up the possibility that the Browns and Patriots will make a trade for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo in the offseason. Mike Lombardi, a longtime friend and colleague of Patriots coach Bill Belichick who also served as G.M. of the Browns in 2013, said on FS1 that he thinks the trade would make sense for both teams.

Lombardi: “The next quarterback that’ll be the Cleveland Browns’ quarterback perhaps is Jimmy Garoppolo in New England. I think Cleveland understands, Hue Jackson specifically understands he needs a quarterback. I think they’ll be very aggressive. I think Jimmy Garoppolo’s on top of their list, and I think they’ll go hard after him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/10/former-browns-patriots-exec-sees-a-garoppolo-trade-to-cleveland/

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
There goes any money he had left.

Or a nice chunk out of daddy's pocket.

his parents have oil money. he's fine.

he might not have to work a single day of his life, granted they don't disown him or something like that.

so from this whole draft class, Bortles never progressed, Manziel is done, Teddy Bridgewater is total question mark with his knee injury, Carr looks legit (although he has a tendency to slow down near Decemeber), Garrapolo looked good but probably won't be retained by New England, and Tom Savage is probably better than Osweiler but Houston can't make that move due to monetary reasons.

who's going to succeed? I think Jimmy G and Derek will, and if Teddy comes back he'll be a solid/mediocre QB, but beyond that, pretty boring class.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Carr with a broken leg bone now, and a finished season. Surgery on Christmas Day.

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the way Tom Brady has played this season, the New England Patriots trying to trade backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo seems inevitable. The only question is what the price tag will be. As you might expect, it sounds fairly high. Appearing on the “Kirk & Callahan Show” on 93.7 WEEI in Boston Wednesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the Patriots will be seeking at minimum a first-round pick and fourth-round pick for Garoppolo.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-patriots-want-first-round-pick-and-more-for-garoppolo/ar-BBxEIVb

vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet

Source: #Raiders are flying in FA QB Garrett Gilbert and he’s expected to sign on their practice squad. Could be active later this week

vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources say the Browns' interest in Garoppolo is real and that they'll try to trade for him depending on how their draft evaluations go over the next five weeks or so. If the Browns decide to draft Mitch Trubisky or Deshaun Watson in the first round, they'll be much less likely to pursue the Patriots' backup -- but wouldn't rule it out.

But they'll have competition for Garoppolo that will drive up the price. Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan liked him coming out of the draft, and might pursue a deal once he formally becomes the 49ers' head coach. The 49ers have the No. 2 pick in the draft, and are also looking for a quarterback.

But the Browns are intrigued, sources say, and they'll strongly consider it. The cost could be the No. 12 overall pick and more.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/browns_qb_buzz_on_jimmy_garopp.html

disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Browns trade for Garappolo, then they should just waive the retired for 5 years rule for putting Belichick into the HOF...and the Browns should just pack up and move to St. Louis.

Thx to Lil Uno!
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
If the Browns trade for Garappolo, then they should just waive the retired for 5 years rule for putting Belichick into the HOF...and the Browns should just pack up and move to St. Louis.

Right you are! The Patriots' back ups look good when they play because...well...it's the Patriots. My opinion is that Garappolo will look a lot like RG III or Brian Hoyer or anyone else that's played for the Browns the last few years. At least in the first year. I like what Hue Jackson is doing in Cleveland, and their is some decent talent. It's just going to take time and patience...which is in short supply in the owners booth and the front office.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Bears are planning to make a "strong, concerted" effort to acquire Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots.

Per La Canfora, Garoppolo is "far and away their top offseason priority." He says the team has done "extensive work" on Tom Brady's No. 2. However, La Canfora does not believe the Bears would be willing to surrender the No. 3 overall pick. Garoppolo has now been connected to the Bears, Browns and Texans in the past three days. Some of it could be typical offseason noise, but it suggests that unlike some Patriots backup quarterbacks past, Garoppolo will actually have a legitimate market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354123/Report--Bears-will-make-strong-Garoppolo-bid-

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see the Bears sell the farm for Garoppolo. He could end up being a good QB, but trading a ton for an unproven QB who will need to be paid A LOT and will be surrounded by a bad team is usually a recipe for disaster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: