Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watching the 2014 Draft QB's, who's going to succeed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 3 years, it'll be more Manziel #2 jerseys thrown out in the trash alongside the Tim Couch #2 Browns jerseys.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean, Zach Mettenberger was sucker-punched at a bar over the weekend, after a fellow patron taunted the former LSU quarterback with a yell of “Roll Tide.” Steve Ford, the owner of Loser’s Most Wanted Bar & Grill, said Mettenberger did nothing wrong before the Alabama fan took a shot.

Ford: “Here’s the truth: The guy said something about ‘Roll Tide!’ to Zach, and Zach turned around and said ‘Good luck with that. And the guy’s buddy then sucker-punched Zach. I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn’t do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that’s the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down.”

“I know in 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard. I don’t care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody’s buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/alabama-fan-yells-roll-tide-sucker-punches-titans-qb/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns coach Mike Pettine said that the team is considering using Manziel as a Wildcat-style change-of-pace in his rookie year.

Pettine: “We’ve already talked about it, we’ve already installed elements of it in the spring. We ran some of the zone-read stuff in practice and Kyle Shanahan incorporated some of the mobile quarterback elements of what he did in Washington. We’re still going to go back to the beginning in pads, but as we get going, some of the stuff that’s more game-plan-specific that we don’t want to show, we might work on in our walk-throughs as opposed to a public practice.”

“That’s how Colin Kaepernick got his start in the NFL, as a package quarterback. On the other side of the ball, I’ve seen that give defenses some trouble. I think there’s positives and negatives to it. You’re taking your starter off the field. You have his rhythm and continuity to take into account, but at the same time defensively you’re now forcing a team to basically come up with two game plans. I mean, there are pluses and minuses to it and it’s something I’m sure will be discussed at some point.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/browns-may-use-manziel-in-a-specialty-package/

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like the same system Minnesota used for Joe Webb (with a different name)?

ouch. Just develop him like a normal QB. Colin Kaepernick seems to me as the only exception to this, where as players such as Webb, Tebow, White and B. Smith all miserably failed.

down but not out. I still believe!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not going to last long. Cleveland is going to be terrible this year and fans will begin clamoring for Manziel by November.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

ouch. Just develop him like a normal QB. Colin Kaepernick seems to me as the only exception to this, where as players such as Webb, Tebow, White and B. Smith all miserably failed.

Joe Webb was a 6th round pick, talent and potential-wise.

not really fitting using him in a comparative analysis here.

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Webb was also drafted with the intention of developing into a WR.
CDub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Agreed.

I really don't know why anyone would go that route.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns have been 'alarmed' by some of Johnny Manziel's antics since the draft -- especially a photo of him rolling up a $20 bill in the bathroom of a bar -- and some in the organization feel he's lost ground in the quarterback competition heading into camp, sources have told Northeast Ohio Media Group.

After the suspicious photo of Manziel tightly rolling up the bill surfaced on July 7, Browns coach Mike Pettine called Manziel from his vacation in Hawaii and addressed it. The conversation was 'positive' but he also planned to talk to Manziel face-to-face when he arrived for the rookie portion of camp on Wednesday.

Manziel regressed in practice after the first week of organized team activities, and some in the organization attributed it to too much jet-setting and not enough dedication to the playbook.

Team officials had bought into Manziel's pre-draft promises to tone down the partying and leave his frat-boy lifestyle back in College Station, Texas, and they've been stunned by his non-stop antics, sources said.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/07/browns_alarmed_by_some_of_john.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/manziel-says-hes-on-the-same-page-with-browns-admits-rookie-mistakes/

Quote:
Of his “rookie mistakes,” Manziel said: “There’s some things I wish I could have gone back and done a little differently, but (I’m) continuing to move forward and try to represent this organization and this team in a positive manner and in a positive light.”

So now Manziel is admitting to mistakes that were made? Its pretty clear, if he wants to stick around as a long time starter, he needs to act like one. At least he is realizing that change may be necessary, rather than his old stance, that he won't change for anyone.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/25/manziel-says-hes-on-the-same-page-with-browns-admits-rookie-mistakes/

Quote:
Of his “rookie mistakes,” Manziel said: “There’s some things I wish I could have gone back and done a little differently, but (I’m) continuing to move forward and try to represent this organization and this team in a positive manner and in a positive light.”

So now Manziel is admitting to mistakes that were made? Its pretty clear, if he wants to stick around as a long time starter, he needs to act like one. At least he is realizing that change may be necessary, rather than his old stance, that he won't change for anyone.

He also said that he was focused on being a professional prior to the draft. I don't think he's learned anything and will always act contrite and apologetic when it suits him.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel: “I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me going out and having a nightlife and having a social life. I mean, I am 21 years old, and I do like going out. It was the offseason. It’s free time for us, and if I want to go out and hang out with my friends or go to nightclubs or do things like that, then I think that’s within my rights to being doing that, and I think there’s other guys throughout the league that are doing that. And I’m not trying to compare myself to anybody else, but I think that’s within my rights to be doing that.”

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
He also said that he was focused on being a professional prior to the draft. I don't think he's learned anything and will always act contrite and apologetic when it suits him.

Manziel, February 2014: "I was a kid who made some goofball decisions. That's been part of my journey. Maybe it's part of the whole Johnny Football deal that I'm trying to get away from. I'm trying to show people I've grown up and I've learned from my experiences. I feel like you're a stupid person if you continue to make the same wrong decisions. I don't want to hear, 'Oh, anybody in his situation would have been doing the same thing.' I'm 100 percent responsible for my actions."

Manziel, March 2014: "I just want to let these guys know that my focus is football. This is my life. This is what I love to do. I've never been more dedicated and committed in my entire life."

Manziel, May 2014: "I know I need to put all my time right now into maintaining my life in football and trying to be as good of a quarterback as possible. Everything else is extra and really there's no time for that now. I'm very committed to expanding my knowledge of the game and getting better as a quarterback. That's my focus right now.''

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/07/browns_alarmed_by_some_of_john.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Webmaster wrote:
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy, Teddy, Teddy, Teddy!!!
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Thats fine. I also used a highly drafted player who had more talent/potential than Webb when I mentioned Tebow as well (although some may find even this comparison difficult to be analyzed here).

but regardless, and more importantly, Cleveland's best bet for Manziel to succeed is to just prep him as any other QB would be.

down but not out. I still believe!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 18 of 30

Jump to: