Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Watching the 2014 Draft QB's, who's going to succeed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikings269

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more peace> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi0RpNSELas
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TENINCH wrote:
Damn Canada is beautiful place!

Why are we going after Iraq and Afghanistan when that treasure is just North of us?

There are alot more buildings going up in Toronto.
This is how it will look eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Following Up with MilanB Ottawa Picture.

Here is the Toronto skyline picture...

(My office is to the right of the Tall One)

Still need to get my tickets to the MIN at BUF game in October!

I'll be at that game CM...and hopefully watching Teddy Bridgewater light it up there!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh.... why would one be rolling up a dollar bill in a bathroom? Also notice the drink conveniently in the picture.

milanb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Uh oh.... why would one be rolling up a dollar bill in a bathroom?

What's a dollar bill?

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm apparently one of the few in this country that would actually prefer to use these instead of dollar bills...

At least then I wouldn't have to fiddle with trying to put those bills into vending machines about 10 times before it'll take it. It certainly does make my wallet look fat too...but then I open it up and realize I've only got 10 bucks in it...all in ones. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Also notice the drink conveniently in the picture.

why? what's wrong with having a drink?

Manziel doesn't have to be criticized and examined for everything, you know.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Agreed. He is of legal drinking age, so that's irrelevant.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2014/07/pettines-recipe-on-offense-will-borrow-from-the-champs/

Quote:
Incredibly, the Browns led the NFL with an ungodly 681 pass attempts – six more than Denver attempted with Hall of Famer Peyton Manning at the helm. Norv Turner’s offense aired it out more times than Peyton Manning, and did so with Brandon Weeden and Jason Campbell taking the majority of the snaps. Playing from behind will tend to inflate pass attempt stats, and the Cleveland running backs were among the worst in the league, but neither of those facts excuse the way Turner forced the issue in the passing game last season. Pettine has openly praised the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers, and admits that this is his model for the Browns. Considering his background as a defensive coach, and the recent success of those organizations, Pettine’s approach makes sense. Not coincidentally, the Niners and Seahawks had the fewest pass attempts in the NFL last season at 417 and 420 respectively, so Cleveland fans can expect an extreme drop off from Turner’s 2013 air show.

Quote:
So who is pulling the trigger on these passes? Pettine seemingly would prefer to start the season with a veteran under center, and recently stated that Brian Hoyer is “securely ahead” of rookie party-boy Johnny Manziel. Many fans would like to see Hoyer start as well, whether due to his “hometown” ties, or the belief that Manziel requires seasoning before starting an NFL game. But despite Pettine’s current quarterback depth chart, the coach admits that Hoyer and Manziel will compete for the starting gig. Intentional or not, the situation looks a lot like the Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson competition in Seattle two summers ago.

And maybe this is a tell of sorts. The Seahawks and 49ers both employ mobile quarterbacks, as did Shanahan during his past two seasons in Washington. The threat helps to loosen things up for the running backs. A potent running attack controls the clock, and ultimately results in fewer passing attempts. If this is indeed the model, then starting Hoyer at quarterback is not ideal. While he has quick feet and functional mobility, he has amassed 36 rushing yards in 18 career games, and he will be less than a year removed from a torn ACL by the time the regular season starts. Meanwhile, Manziel is a dangerous open-field runner who gave college defenses fits with his escapability. The team is saying all of the right things about competition, but the rookie has the edge. He fits the model, the Browns spent a first round pick on him (and traded up to that pick), and he gives Shanahan the ability to use his entire playbook. Manziel will likely open the season as the starting quarterback, and provided he plays 16 games (always a big “if” in Cleveland) he should finish the year with about 420-450 pass attempts.

Bolded makes Bridgewater much more likely to outperform Manziel in terms of total yardage, assuming both play similar numbers of snaps/games.

Article also includes useful analysis of the Browns pass targets, or lack thereof, and their OL and running game.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jshowers wrote:

Just saying. If he wants to or cares about presenting a more focused/mature/"toned down" image, he should be conscious of things like, I don't know, pictures of suggestive themes involving money and alcohol and who knows what else.... maybe he was joking around or something but I've never seen a joke involving rolling up a dollar bill.

But then again, he "won't change" for anyone so I guess he can just keep doing him.

It's just that with the scrutiny that "franchise" QBs are under and the rash of drug/alcohol issues around the league right now, I wouldn't be so cavalier with my public drinking. Take Matt Stafford for example. Loud mouthed, notoriously drunk frat guy in college but once getting to the league and realizing his responsibilities and public perception, he's been clean as a whistle (at least in the eyes of the public, I'm sure he still enjoys his own social circle).

FWIW, Manziel's own parents have expressed concern over their son's drinking habits and he has seen a therapist in the past to discuss alcohol usage and anger/stress management, among other things.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deion Sanders: “The quarterback mold was created by Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady. When we don’t see [partying] from those guys, we kind of think it’s wrong because we don’t see it. That does not mean that Johnny Manziel has done one thing wrong. We just haven’t seen something of his kind. I like it. I love change. The kid hasn’t done anything. They’re putting him out there like he’s Justin Bieber — like he’s egging folks on and doing wild and rich folks stuff. He’s not doing stuff like that. He’s a good kid.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/johnny-football-gets-prime-times-seal-of-approval/

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Hoyer: "Best quote from @KingJames article - "In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have."

subtle mention toward Manziel, perhaps...?

Webmaster wrote:
VikingChop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad we don't have manziel. hes nothing more than a spolit little brat given everything to him like a princess. now that hes in the NFL and he has to work to get what he wants its now his true colors being shown.... sitting behind hoyer.

still not too happy with bridgewater pick either, I think we should've taken another pass rusher or even traded up for a better qb like blake bortles, who I have been told is an aaron Rodgers clone. the jaguars got a good one.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake Bortles an Aaron Rodgers clone? Who told you that?

If anything, we drafted the Rodgers clone in Teddy Bridgewater. I've been making that comparison since he was a sophomore. I'm so happy that we have the best QB in the 2014 draft and a guy that's going to be a top tier long term starter.
Krauser

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingChop wrote:
glad we don't have manziel. hes nothing more than a spolit little brat given everything to him like a princess. now that hes in the NFL and he has to work to get what he wants its now his true colors being shown.... sitting behind hoyer.

still not too happy with bridgewater pick either, I think we should've taken another pass rusher or even traded up for a better qb like blake bortles, who I have been told is an aaron Rodgers clone. the jaguars got a good one.

Yeah, we should've followed the Rams lead, stuck with Ponder as a underperforming highly drafted QB with an injury history and hoped that drafting DL would put us ahead of teams in our division with better starting QBs.

Or maybe we could've traded up to #2 with the Rams, offered the next 3 first round picks for Blake "Aaron Rodgers Jr" Bortles.

Anything but land Teddy Bridgewater at #32, anything.

Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 16 of 31

Jump to: