You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Rams (0-0)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Rams (0-0) Reply with quote

Game 1

at
When: 1:00 PM EST September 7th
Where: Edward Jones Dome (St. Louis, MO)
TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Coverage Map: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=1

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Probable:WR Rodney Smith, CB Jabari Price, Questionable:OT Mike Harris, DE Everson Griffen, Doubtful:None, Out:FB Zach Line, LB Michael Mauti, LB Brandon Watts
Rams - Probable:OT Jake Long, DE William Hayes, LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar, S Maurice Alexander, Questionable:DE Eugene Sims, Doubtful:None, Out:C Barrett Jones, CB Trumaine Johnson

Vikings lead the series against the LA/St. Louis Rams 24-16-2 (5-2 in the playoffs), and have won 3 out of the last 4, with the last 2 wins both held at the ED Jones Dome. The last time these 2 teams faced in September was Week 2 of the 1998 season also at the EDJones Dome (known then as the TWA Dome). In that game (a 38-31 Vikings victory), Vikings legend Robert Smith rushed for 179 yds on 23 carries and Randy Moss had 6 receptions for 89 yds. Defense was the story, however, as the Vikings picked off Rams' QB Tony Banks 4 times (Robert Griffith had 2 of them) and Gary Anderson had 5 FGs. This put them at 2-0, in what would eventually be a 15-1 regular season.

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Last edited by disaacs on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call Vikings win this one in a close game.

The Rams are probably a bit deflated by losing Bradford for the season and Zimmer will have the team playing hard for the opener.

The STL pass rush will be a real issue, but I think Norv is going to try to just win this one the old fashioned way and AP can definitely carry us to a win here.

I think the Vikings DL is really going to surprise some people, and I think the Rams are going to have some really tough sledding to get points on the board.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is 24-13 - Vikings win

Close game until about the late 3rd or early 4th when we go up by 10 + and then hold them off.

SKOL !!!

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings offense looked very smooth and the defense is a complete 180 from last years. Vikings win 27-23.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand the Rams. Vikings win, 536-3.

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
since72

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all can name the Viking heartbreak games over the years, but we tend to forget the heartbreak we inflicted. We kept the Rams out of the Superbowl for the decade of 1967 to 1976.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f6sxngLcBQ

Check out some old footage of some great Viking wins over the Rams.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hate to say that a Week 1 game is must win, but looking at the next 4-5 games after, this game is huge.

With Bradford out, MN has a great chance of winning.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know... I never like the Vikings chances on the road, and their defense looks like it could be legit good. Their offense wasn't HORRIBLE with Clemens last year (they nearly beat Seattle).

If the Vikings win, it's going to be a close one, with a lot of Adrian Peterson.

I'm not totally confident in this one.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its gonna be a really close game, Cassel will struggle in this game vs that vaunted Rams front 7. They are gonna be in his face all day.

Id say something like 24-20 Vikings. If Bradford were playing id probably have picked the Rams to win.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our chances. Starting the Vikings D in week 1

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our chances here. If preseason has any sort of indication of how a team will look during the year, we look like a well coached, strongly disciplined team who won't commit stupid penalties/turnovers.

You have to imagine St. Louis was behind Sam Bradford as their guy this season, and he's already out for the year. So now they start Shaun Hill as their hopeful savior. I don't expect the Rams to display the same chemistry you would see with Bradford starting. I expect their offense to be a little bit behind, and we need to exploit that. By showing different looks on defense, and managing to slow down their run game, I think we'll see the Rams offense struggle early and often.

Their defense is whats scary though. Their Dline is just unbelievable. We're going to need to get the ball out of Cassel's hands quickly, or otherwise they'll terrorize us. Swing passes to Peterson and McKinnon should be employed frequently, along with screen passes to Patterson and Jennings. Hopefully we can keep the defense honest by airing the ball out enough so they don't load 9 guys in the box though every play.

We both have very strong ST units. I expect that to be a wash. Tavon Austin can be a nightmare for us as a KR/PR. We'll need to pay special attention to him.

I'm not shaving my beard, and we're 4-0 when I don't shave.

I see the Vikings winning 24-13 with what will be a "feel good game".

Skol!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we go with the white pants again this game.

It goes well with their all blue and gold uniforms (although I don't like their uniforms at all)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I call Vikings win this one in a close game.

The Rams are probably a bit deflated by losing Bradford for the season and Zimmer will have the team playing hard for the opener.

The STL pass rush will be a real issue, but I think Norv is going to try to just win this one the old fashioned way and AP can definitely carry us to a win here.

I think the Vikings DL is really going to surprise some people, and I think the Rams are going to have some really tough sledding to get points on the board.

If history is any indication, it's the opposite. The Rams as a team seemed energized last year after losing Bradford. They wanted to prove to the world that they could win without him. Fisher is a great motivator and guys play hard for him.

Don't expect the Rams to come out flat.

As far as the Rams losing Bradford is concerned, it sucks. But I think you guys are ignoring the obvious here. Pot is meeting kettle in regards to the QBs in this game. You are starting Matt Cassel and like Shaun Hill, he's a backup caliber QB.

Only difference between the two is that Cassel has played more recently in the regular season. Which is a notable difference. Hill may have fallen off since the last time he played...however...it is also worth noting that Shaun Hill has the better track record as a starter.

You guys are putting a lot of stock in the preseason(which doesn't mean much) and are underestimating a team that went 4-5 last year with a FAR worse QB than Shaun Hill.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree on Hill.

I brought that up when everyone immediately said trade Ponder to the Rams.

Hill is a career 60% passer with about a 2/1 TD/INT ratio; he's definitely an upgrade over Clemens.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 1 of 54

Jump to: