Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ADAP28MVP247 Thread (2014 Season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Who knows?

It's another one of those situations where there may not be anything there, but there's definitely a "there" there.

Unlike Oakland.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
milanb wrote:
Who knows?

It's another one of those situations where there may not be anything there, but there's definitely a "there" there.

Unlike Oakland.

Oakland is an obvious landing spot.....lots of money, love veterans, high draft picks.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Krauser wrote:
milanb wrote:
Who knows?

Unlike Oakland.

Oakland is an obvious landing spot.....lots of money, love veterans, high draft picks.

These aren't the raiders of old. They value draft picks. Plus they have McFadden and Jones-Drew.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't able to deal with trading AP on an emotional level, but on a business level it makes total sense.

Then again, Russel Wilson + Lynch + Strong D showed that it's possible to compete year 1 with a solid rookie QB (like Roethlisberger before). If Teddy pans out, it's not unthinkable that the Vikings could compete within a year or two, dovetailing nicely with the last (presumed) effective years of AD.

I can definitely see him lasting a minimum of 2 years, and a maximum of 4. He had a great season in 2013, not as insane as 2012, but a solid season nonetheless. It appears that we tried not to run him into the ground last year, shutting him down the last two games. If we keep managing his touches like that, I don't see why he couldn't perform up to a reasonable level until the new stadium opens. His salary has to come down a bit the coming years, but it's not unreasonable that he can manage to keep fit for another ''window'' (backed by Teddy and a Zimmer defense).

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, it's going to be a loooong time between now and August... The draft is over so people have nothing better to do than throw *stuff* on the wall an see what sticks. AP is not going anywhere unless he says he wants out and the only way I see that happening is if he wants to go to a team that has a shot at winning a super bowl.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind that since we now have a legit LG, expect AD to remain relatively healthy for the next few seasons. I just can't bear the thought of seeing him traded, although it might make business sense to do so. Currently, my favorite player to watch.
Krauser

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Krauser wrote:
milanb wrote:
Who knows?

Unlike Oakland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude_Stein#.22There_is_no_there_there.22
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
They'll have no trouble with the cap over the next couple of years. Rudolph and Fusco are the only guys who need extensions this season, combined they'll cost less than Griffen to retain. The 2012 1st rounders will be under contract through 2016 at reasonable cost (Kalil's 5th year will be fairly pricy), and the 2013 group until 2017. Their recent FA contracts have been pay-as-you-go, no major escalation in cap numbers year by year.

No RB is worth $15M so they'll look to renegotiate Peterson's contract eventually. That's only worth doing when his production and usage starts to drop off, there's no rush. They should draft a true tailback next year as a backup / potential successor.

Peterson is the face of the franchise -- they'll be opening a new stadium in 2016 that literally has his face on it in the architectural renderings. Odds of him leading the team on the field on opening day 2016 are 99.5%.

His contract could be renegotiated after that year so he can finish his career in Minnesota at a friendlier cost to the cap.

You laid it all out here. He's the man now. He will have to renegotiate next year. He should have no problem with that if the new philosophy on offense and defense works.

This story is a fabrication with little merit other than money and forgetting that there has never been anyone like Adrian Peterson.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, he's AP. He'll play til he's like 34-35 and still be a beast. He's like the NFL version of the Spurs. Every year you say they're old, but then they come out and play still somehow.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw it out there, next year's RB class could be very good.

Todd Gurley, T.J. Yeldon, Melvin Gordon, Mike Davis, Duke Johnson are all eligible and potential 1st rounders if they stay healthy and declare.

I don't think Peterson gets moved though.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will go out on a limb...Peterson retires after spending his entire career with the Vikings after winning the Super Bowl in 2017!!!!!
El Raymundo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasViking wrote:
Oh boy, it's going to be a loooong time between now and August... The draft is over so people have nothing better to do than throw *stuff* on the wall an see what sticks.

Previously known as February, March, and April. Smile

"Live as brave men; and if Fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -- Cicero
Kellerman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:

Todd Gurley, T.J. Yeldon, Melvin Gordon, Mike Davis, Duke Johnson are all eligible and potential 1st rounders if they stay healthy and declare.

Too soon. AP needs to last for 3 more years, then we can take Leonard Fournette in the 2017 draft.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:

Or we could get Ameer Abdullah Wink

skywindO2 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that the old coaching staff thought intercepting passes was against the rules.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. I think Adrian Peterson is the best athlete in the NFL.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/06/16/vernon-davis-monday-morning-quarterback/3/

Vernon Davis' thought in today's MMQB. While it's certainly only 1 player's opinion, I still believe that AD is an athlete unlike anyone we've ever seen (even moreso than Randy Moss) and will still be an upper echelon RB even into his mid-30s.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: