You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ADAP28MVP247 Thread (2014 Season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NFL had no comment on the report that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that he wants to play for the Cowboys after his tenure with the Vikings comes to an end, but Peterson was willing to address it on Thursday. In a statement released in tandem with one from the Vikings, Peterson admits that he spoke to Jones but says that he never told the Cowboys owner that he wants to leave Minnesota.

Peterson: “This was a casual conversation between NFL colleagues in which I never indicated I wanted to leave the Vikings. I have always said I understand the NFL is a business but that I would love to retire as a Viking.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/28/adrian-peterson-i-would-love-to-retire-as-a-viking/?utm_source=FB%20-%20SNF%20on%20NBC&utm_network=facebook&utm_post=2971278&utm_tags=

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Last edited by vike daddy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN's report quotes Jones' side of the phone conversation only.

"Well, I understand, Adrian. I'd like that, too," Jones is quoted as saying. "Well, I love your story. I love your daddy's story. I've always respected what you've been about. I've always been a fan of yours.

"Well, we'll see what we can do, if we can make that happen. I'd like that, too. ... Well, we're talking pig Latin here, but let's see if we can do that. ... OK, Adrian, thanks."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_26424953/vikings-adrian-peterson-denies-phone-call-cowboys-jerry
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He just wants the new stadium to be an attraction for the next Adrian Peterson day.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
HitStickAllDay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF he truly wants to win a championship in his later years and the Vikings don't give him that avenue, I could see Seattle as being a darkhorse contender. Beastmode only has a few more years, so perhaps 2016/2017 would look interesting for AP. Seattle is building a dynasty that I think will be rather durable for the next 4-5 years.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitStickAllDay wrote:
IF he truly wants to win a championship in his later years and the Vikings don't give him that avenue, I could see Seattle as being a darkhorse contender. Beastmode only has a few more years, so perhaps 2016/2017 would look interesting for AP. Seattle is building a dynasty that I think will be rather durable for the next 4-5 years.

Turbin and Michael would be very good starters on most teams. I don't think Seattle would have much interest in AP's salary when by 2016/2017 those two may be just as good as AP, who will most likely be on the downside of his career.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
SodakViking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes down to value. Peterson is exponentially more valuable to the Vikings than he would be for 80% of teams in the league.

At least, for now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HitStickAllDay wrote:

Seattle might not be as strong a team in a few years. A lot of assumptions being made here.

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants out ship him out. Get a couple #1s from Jerry World and call it a day.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
perrynoid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
If he wants out ship him out. Get a couple #1s from Jerry World and call it a day.

Aren't they tight against the salary cap though? They probably wouldn't part with multiple #1's for a player his age and salary, would they? I'd prefer to have multiple 2nd, 3rd and late-round picks since we can draft quality players in those round (at least as of late).
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:

Aren't they tight against the salary cap though? They probably wouldn't part with multiple #1's for a player his age and salary, would they? I'd prefer to have multiple 2nd, 3rd and late-round picks since we can draft quality players in those round (at least as of late).

NFL Cap could climb to 140 million in 2015 and 150 million in 16. Anything is possible.

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an additional 171 net yards, Adrian Peterson can pass former Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter for the most in Vikings franchise history.

Peterson has a combined 12,240 yards as a runner, receiver and returner in his seven NFL seasons. It took Carter, who was productive enough to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame, a dozen seasons in Minnesota to pile up his 12,410 career net yards.

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/five-vikings-stats-that-stand-out-for-week-1

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's come into the light that AP called his first TD last year, before the game. And now he's calling it AGAIN for Sunday.

Cool

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
So it's come into the light that AP called his first TD last year, before the game. And now he's calling it AGAIN for Sunday.

Cool

What would be give it credibility is if, just before the ball is snapped, AD points to the corner of the end zone he is going to run it into.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“It was kind of mediocre,” Peterson said. “It wasn’t really pleasing the way that I played. But overall I didn’t really beat myself up too much because we pretty much blew them out and got a ‘W.’ We did good in the run game, passing game was good as well, but, on a personal level, a lot of things I was able to take from this game that I’ll be able to adjust and do differently this week.”

http://min.scout.com/2/1450075.html#/2/1450075.html

Thx to Lil Uno!
Nzd07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD was doing a lot of dancing around the line of scrimmage, looking for the big play. I think he wanted to bust off a big one so he could stick it to the Rams.

I also think no snaps in the preseason may also have had a bit of an effect, that was his first real game action all year. I think he'll have a nice game Sunday.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: