You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ADAP28MVP247 Thread (2014 Season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11420073/outside-lines-vikings-adrian-peterson-tells-dallas-owner-jerry-jones-wants-cowboy

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in a June telephone call he would like to play for the Cowboys at the end of his tenure with the Vikings, according to an "Outside the Lines" report.

Why why why why why why why why why why

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11420073/outside-lines-vikings-adrian-peterson-tells-dallas-owner-jerry-jones-wants-cowboy

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones in a June telephone call he would like to play for the Cowboys at the end of his tenure with the Vikings, according to an "Outside the Lines" report.

Why why why why why why why why why why

If that were to happen I would cry like it was a Super Bowl loss!!! Unless, of course, it's a reverse Herschel Walker! Razz
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ESPN...they certainly like to dig deep for stories to exploit.

Thx to Lil Uno!
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I would HATE it, I can understand Adrian wanting to play for his home state. I don't imagine Spielman would outright trade him, I think he knows the backlash he'd get.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
While I would HATE it, I can understand Adrian wanting to play for his home state. I don't imagine Spielman would outright trade him, I think he knows the backlash he'd get.

If Adrian still wanted to play after his contract is up, I'm sure he would be extended first, especially if Teddy works out and we have a good situation here. By the time his contract runs out, Romo will be gone, so who knows where the Cowboys will be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

If Adrian still wanted to play after his contract is up, I'm sure he would be extended first, especially if Teddy works out and we have a good situation here. By the time his contract runs out, Romo will be gone, so who knows where the Cowboys will be.

I completely agree. The long term future of the Vikings is much brighter than that of the Cowboys. AD should be a Viking-lifer.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was ESPN sitting on this report for two months? Seems fishy.

Adrian Peterson just said yesterday

Quote:
ďThis is going to be the best offense Iíve played in. This is the offense Iíve been waiting for,Ē

I think his offseason thoughts were merely doubts about Zimmer and Turner, nothing more. Now that he's been through a training camp with them, I don't see him wanting out any more.
vikes22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with him wanting to play a year in Dallas in his final year. Wouldn't you love to play a year for your favorite childhood team growing up?
SodakViking

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes22 wrote:
Nothing wrong with him wanting to play a year in Dallas in his final year. Wouldn't you love to play a year for your favorite childhood team growing up?

That's fine, but the report has him calling Jerry Jones while he is under contract.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes22 wrote:

And break the all-time rushing record. Who is the all-time leading rusher again?

Sure, we'll trade him for three first round draft picks, three seconds a third and a sixth rounder. Fair enough.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope these are either old reports, or false reports.

Because hearing something out of AP like that, right before the season kicks off, is horrible IMO.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt that something he said was taken out of context, or, these reports are purely false.

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Costello wrote:
I really hope these are either old reports, or false reports.

Because hearing something out of AP like that, right before the season kicks off, is horrible IMO.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt that something he said was taken out of context, or, these reports are purely false.

This call was back in June. AP has bought into the new coaching staff since then, actually he's raving about our coaching staff. This is a non-issue.

Bridgewater's response to "Teddy Time"
Quote:
Itís not [nice], Iím still the young guy here and I still have a lot to prove and I still have a lot to work for.
PaulWall_23

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN continues to get worse and worse. First Take is honestly one of the worst sports shows I have ever seen

Wasn't his phone call around the time Lebron was speculation was growing? He probably had a few people in his ear suggesting similar moves. He also knows Vikings are a more cap sensitive/savy team and Jones is an idiot that will continue to overpay.
milanb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, if the Vikings were to pull a reverse Herschel Walker trade I am perfectly cool with that.

Twisted Evil

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. ó Ecclesiastes 9:11

But thatís the way to bet. ó Jimmy The Greek
tdub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice how he also said at the end of his Vikings deal. Obviously we know he doesn't play all 7 years of the deal, but I'm fine with him going to the Cowboys once his prime is passed. Yes, the retire a Viking thing would be nice, only RBs don't do that.

Also, don't get the ESPN bashing here for reporting this. It's part of a larger profile on Jerry Jones which is why it didn't come out sooner. The writer, Don Van Natta Jr is actually a pretty good writer who got unparalleled access to Jerry Jones and likely sat on the information until his piece was turned into his editors. He's the same guy who wrote the Goodell piece a year or so back that got a lot of publicity. I have no doubt the call occurred. I have no doubt it probably doesn't mean a ton either. I also can't fault Adrian for wanting to play close to home in that stadium. Who wouldn't, especially if your from the area?

I would at least just find out what the Cowboys would offer. If you can reverse Herschel (a real possibility), you would absolutely have to consider it. But, something tells me this will be a minor issue overall.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: