You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The ADAP28MVP247 Thread (2014 Season)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GH88B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an absolute joke. The people who are slandering peterson are people who weren't brought up this way. From someone who was spanked grow in up this is a non story
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:
This is an absolute joke. The people who are slandering peterson are people who weren't brought up this way. From someone who was spanked grow in up this is a non story

Non story? He was freaking INDICTED. That is a big deal.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Freakout

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious if this is the same prosecutor that had to drop the charges from the bogus bar fight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:

There are reports the child had a busted up face. If true that's no joke.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
GH88B wrote:

If peterson was an ordinary 29 year old working at an applebees and news of this came out he wouldn't have been indicted. Its news cause hes a superstar athlete
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing The bar fight was so stupid I remember LOLing. Wasn't someone clearly messing with him?
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So quick to rush to judgement, of Ap and the prosecutor.......
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:

So because you grew up that way, it's a non story? Rolling Eyes
bluemushrooms

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh don't really have an opinion on the child abuse charges unless the kid actually had a busted up face.

Hoping for the best for AP and Vik fans

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
twslhs20

Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH88B wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
GH88B wrote:

If peterson was an ordinary 29 year old working at an applebees and news of this came out he wouldn't have been indicted. Its news cause hes a superstar athlete

Umm no. You can't hit kids anymore. Raising kids now is way different than when I was growing up. They tag anyone for this now-a-days

But I digress. I hope Asiata and McKinnon are ready

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Trillkings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Pictures here. Arif has a good Update list over at VikingsTerritory.

While the wounds don't look to be as severe as I expected (thank God), I certainly wouldn't want to get "whooped" by AD. A doctor felt the need to contact the police - definitely concerning.

Last edited by Trillkings on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Wow. that is terrible if true.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really shouldn't hit anyone other than in self defense.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
You really shouldn't hit anyone other than in self defense.

People really shouldn't tell other people how to raise/discipline their children. If said discipline is not excessive, it should be up to parents to decide. I know kids who were spanked and grew up just fine, and children who weren't who turned out to be terrible (and vice versa). There is no "one size fits all" for raising children, and one person should not decide for another what is best for them or their child.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/

Quote:
The “whooping” – as Peterson put it when interviewed by police – occurred in Spring, Texas, in May. Peterson’s son had pushed another one of Peterson’s children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch – which he consistently referred to as a “switch” – removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly.

Quote:
The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands. Peterson then texted the boy’s mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her “mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch.”

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child’s mother that he “felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh” and also acknowledged the injury to the child’s scrotum in a text message, saying, “Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I’m all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!”

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, “Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.”

Quote:
According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

Peterson, when contacted by police, admitted that he had “whooped” his son on the backside with a switch as a form of punishment, and then, in fact, produced a switch similar to the one with which he hit the child. Peterson also admitted that he administered two different “whoopings” to his son during the visit to Texas, the other being a punishment for the 4-year-old scratching the face of a 5-year-old.

In an interview with Houston police, Peterson was very matter-of-fact and calm about the incident, appearing to believe he had done nothing wrong and reiterating how much he cared about his son and only used “whoopings” or “spankings” as a last resort. He offered up information that the police didn’t have and was incredulous when asked if some of the numerous wounds and marks on the child were from an extension cord, saying, “Oh, no, I’d never hit my child with an extension cord. I remember how it feels to get whooped with an extension cord. I’d never do that.”

Peterson also said, “Anytime I spank my kids, I talk to them before, let them know what they did, and of course after.” Peterson also expressed regret that his son did not cry – because then, Peterson said, he would have known that the switch was doing more damage than intended. He didn’t realize the “tip of the switch and the ridges of the switch were wrapping around [the child’s] legs.” Peterson also acknowledged that this was administered directly to the child’s skin and with the child’s pants pulled down.

Peterson later told police that the marks on his son’s buttocks were similar to the marks any of his other children get when he “spanks them with a switch,” but that the mark on the child’s leg from when the switch “wrapped around his thigh” was more severe than anything he had ever done in the past.

Peterson said he knew that his son had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for when he returned home and that the doctor would discover the injuries. Peterson added that if he felt like he was “really wrong for what I did, or had any ill intent, there’s no way I would have let him get on that plane.” He went on to say, “I have nothing to hide, but I also understand when a child has marks like that on his leg, they have to report that.”

When Peterson was asked how he felt about the incident, he said, “To be honest with you, I feel very confident with my actions because I know my intent.” He also described the incident as a “normal whooping” in regards to the “welps” on the child’s buttocks, but that he felt bad immediately when he saw the injuries on the child’s legs. Peterson estimated he “swatted” his son “10 to 15” times, but he’s not sure because he doesn’t “ever count how many pops I give my kids.”

Quote:

Peterson went on to reiterate again how much he loves all his kids, and only “whoops” them because he wants them to do right. Toward the end of the interview, Peterson said he would reconsider using switches in the future, but said he would never “eliminate whooping my kids . . . because I know how being spanked has helped me in my life.”

After the child returned home to Minnesota in late May, the mother took the son to his previously scheduled doctor appointment and the doctor that examined the child said the injuries were consistent with child abuse and that it appeared the child had injuries from one incident involving a “switch” and another incident possibly involving a cord.

Last edited by CAS22 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: