Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft Thread v1: Never Too Early
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I would probs be okay with this Shocked

8 DT LEONARD WILLIAMS USC
40 WR AMARI COOPER ALABAMA
72 CB RONALD DARBY FLORIDA STATE
104 OLB SHAQ THOMPSON WASHINGTON
136 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY CLEMSON
168 S TYLER HUNTER FLORIDA STATE
200 TE JAKE MCGEE FLORIDA

From fanspeak.com simulator for 2015.

That would be pretty sick. No way Cooper and Darby are available in rounds 2 and 3.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished my preseason draftable grades. Found here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18163838#18163838

The top players in the class at the premium positions, IMO:

QB Jameis Winston, FSU
RB Todd Gurley, UGA
WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
OT Andrus Peat, Stanford
OT Cameron Erving, FSU
DE Mario Edwards Jr.
DE/OLB Devonte Fields
CB Ronald Darby
CB Trae Waynes

Some guys that I will grade very highly but play less important positions:

OL La'el Collins (at OG)
OL Spencer Drango (at OG)
OL Sean Hickey (at OG/C)
DL Carl Davis (at 5-Tech)

On the whole, this may be a year for the Vikings to go pure BPA rather than draft positions of need first.

I know we have a lot of Denzel Perryman fans here, and he's my #1 ILB, but does not present a great value in the mid first round. Unless we are picking at #25 or later, there will be much more valuable players available.

I think that CB, S, or OG (depending on the development of the LG position this year) will present the best value for us if we are picking between 15-25. Guys like Ronald Darby, Trae Waynes, Karl Joseph, and Cody Prewitt could all be immediate AND long term improvements to the secondary. La'el Collins, Spencer Drango, and Sean Hickey provide the feet of college tackles with the technique and drive of run blocking guards.

ILB/WLB should be a good position to target in the 2nd and/or 3rd round. Perryman may actually be available if teams are scared off by his 6' height (listed height, he may actually be more like 5'11''), and I also would mention Tyler Matakevich from Temple as a great fit to develop at WLB. He's a tenacious tackler and excellent in coverage. Poor man's Lavonte David, because he's a step or two slower but plays the same style. Shaq Thompson and Reggie Northrup (Telvin Smith's replacement) would be other choices at WLB. Ramik Wilson from UGA, A.J. Johnson from Tennesse, and Stephone Anthony from Clemson should all be available as inside options on Day 2. Early Day 3 guys at WLB to look at would be Jake Ryan from Michigan, Denzel Nkemdiche from Ole Miss provided he keeps adding weight, and Eric Kendricks from UCLA. The early Day 3 guys on the inside that seem like solid contributors/potential starters are Trey DePriest (Alabama), Cassanova McKinzy (Auburn), and Bryce Hager (Baylor).
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a lot of hype around SS/LB Shaq Thompson. He'll be a player I'll follow closely this year. Does he fit in as a WLB?

down but not out. I still believe!
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
There seems to be a lot of hype around SS/LB Shaq Thompson. He'll be a player I'll follow closely this year. Does he fit in as a WLB?

Potentially, though I almost prefer him at SLB if he's a linebacker. Ideally I'm playing him in the Kam Chancellor role. He's the best player to fill that mold that I've seen in the last few classes.

He's so good in intermediate coverage. Elite speed and fluidity for a guy his size. Can eliminate TEs in the passing game, as well as slot WRs within 15 yards of the LOS, so that's why I would want him lining up on the strong side.

Not much of a pass rusher yet, and I don't think that is where he fits. He's okay vs. the run, but I was left with more questions than I would like there. If he was going to play WLB, he would make plays in pursuit but he isn't great when run at.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota and Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston both would have been first-round draft picks if they had entered the NFL this year, and they値l be vying to be the first overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. At least, they will be if they enter the draft. But both Mariota and Winston say they might just stay in school for two more years, and wait until 2016 until they enter the draft.

Mariota: 展e値l see, I知 not too sure. The opportunity to leave obviously is there, but at the same time, college is fun and I知 not sure what I知 going to do yet.

Winston: 的t痴 very important to me [to finish my degree]. I was always raised as a student first and an athlete second. I think that痴 the main purpose in college. Some athletes lose that perspective. It痴 about being a student-athlete, and not just getting that easy money and going to the league. Even if kids leave early, I would want them to come back and get that degree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/11/mariota-winston-both-say-theyre-undecided-on-the-2015-nfl-draft/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you guys right now to keep your eye on Wide Receiver LaVon Pearson, who will be playing for Tennessee this year. He is JUCO transfer and he will make an impact this season and I expect his stock to sky rocket a lot like a player the Vikings drafted last season...Cordarrelle Patterson. He has great hands, excellent speed and acceleration, and big time play-making ability. Definitely keep your eyes on him.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
I'm telling you guys right now to keep your eye on Wide Receiver LaVon Pearson, who will be playing for Tennessee this year. He is JUCO transfer and he will make an impact this season and I expect his stock to sky rocket a lot like a player the Vikings drafted last season...Cordarrelle Patterson. He has great hands, excellent speed and acceleration, and big time play-making ability. Definitely keep your eyes on him.

I tweeted this yesterday:

Quote:
@TakeAShowers: Lavon "Von" Pearson has one of the best JUCO highlight tapes I've ever seen. He's skinny, but moves like CP84 and has great ball skills.

https://twitter.com/takeashowers/status/495558723428163584
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Quote:
@TakeAShowers: Lavon "Von" Pearson has one of the best JUCO highlight tapes I've ever seen. He's skinny, but moves like CP84 and has great ball skills.

He is so smooth and fluid. Tennessee has a nice stable of WRs; Pearson, Howard, North, Malone, Croom, and Wharton. So much talent at one position.
jshowers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
jshowers wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

Quote:

He is so smooth and fluid. Tennessee has a nice stable of WRs; Pearson, Howard, North, Malone, Croom, and Wharton. So much talent at one position.

Josh Malone was my #2 receiver in the class of 2014 behind Malachi Dupre, a freshman at LSU.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you guys know I'm a total draftnik (just got my first scouting internship for a media service) I have decided to highlight a few prospects at certain junctures in the draft next year that could fit some of the needs we have identified so far in preseason viewing. I'll do them in installments to break it up. You may disagree with how I rank the needs or where I slot certain players, but remember that's it's really early on and this is just a little heads up on certain players and their skill sets in case you want to watch a little college football and check them out.

First up...

STRONG SAFETY (1st Round)

Arguably the biggest hole on our defense, and one that Zimmer has been cycling players through because he hasn't seen what he needs to see so far from the spot.

- Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
3* Recruit, Orlando FL (Edgewater HS)
2012 Freshman All-American
Nicknamed "Krazy 8"
Junior
5'10"
Despite his size, IMO Joseph is the biggest pound for pound hitter in college football. Sound tackler. His instincts are off the charts and he is a definition of a playmaker from the position. Can slide down into the slot and cover/rush. Not a potential "big nickel" replacement LB. Good but not great play speed, but elite acceleration/closing ability. Really good "robber" type safety that will lurk the middle of the field and read/react. Great ball skills. Not a deep coverage player. Extremely intense, 100% effort player that would mesh well with a demanding coach.

- Cody Prewitt, S, Ole Miss
3* Recruit, Bay Springs MS (Sylva Bay Academy)
2013 1st Team All-American
Led SEC with 6 INTs
Senior
6'2"
Prewitt is a really well developed and balanced player who can do everything. Very strong, sound tackler, looks to lock and drop before making the jarring hit. Destroyed Jordan Matthews on a slant last year, causing him to vomit on the sidelines. Strong instincts, will break up underneath routes. Can play in the box, replace at LB in "big nickel". Doesn't have the quickness/burst to play the slot or rush off the edge. Excellent size/frame. Can play deep Cover-2 and locate ball, good skills. Lacks both top speed and quickness, but gets to where he needs to be. Always makes the plays expected, but not much "flash" to his game. Very durable.

- Landon Collins, S, Alabama
5* "Franchise" Recruit, Geismar LA (Dutchtown HS)
Junior
6'0"
One of the more celebrated recruits in recent history. Similar to former Bama SS Mark Barron. Large, muscular build with top heavy bulk but moves very well for size. Hasn't yet been full time starter for full season. Strong instincts, can play sideline to sideline as SS and LB hybrid, not great deep. Very coordinated with good body control. Hard, aggressive hitter with good technique. Very good fluidity/COD for 220+ safety. 40 speed does not match field speed. Can cover TEs off the LOS. Needs to clean up his angles.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jshow, congratulations on the internship dude! Question for ya, what are your thoughts on Washington State DT/DE, Xavier Cooper?
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
Jshow, congratulations on the internship dude! Question for ya, what are your thoughts on Washington State DT/DE, Xavier Cooper?

Didn't get around to reviewing him this summer. Now that we are in season, I'm gonna hold off on new stuff until later!

However, I know Cooper has a really solid frame and is athletic for his size.
meixdaddy_10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
jshowers wrote:
I would probs be okay with this Shocked

8 DT LEONARD WILLIAMS USC
40 WR AMARI COOPER ALABAMA
72 CB RONALD DARBY FLORIDA STATE
104 OLB SHAQ THOMPSON WASHINGTON
136 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY CLEMSON
168 S TYLER HUNTER FLORIDA STATE
200 TE JAKE MCGEE FLORIDA

From fanspeak.com simulator for 2015.

That would be pretty sick. No way Cooper and Darby are available in rounds 2 and 3.

Ive done that simulator a few times n its fun but a little farfetched..especially early in the season (but its hard to tell who is gonna actually be good n bust out)

My draft from last time i did it looked like this
1 - LB Perryman Miami
2 - WR Beckham-Green Missouri
3 - CB Darby FSU
4 - S Prewitt Ole Miss
5 - DE Mauldin Louisville
6 - TE Deaver Duke
7 - RB Cobb Minny

Highly unrealistic but a guy can hope right?
Laughing
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green-Beckham was suspended for the year.

Congrats on the internship jshowers, best of luck. I've had to hang up my amateur scout that I'm a strength and football coach. I'll still be able to look at cut ups and stuff, but I won't be able to get as in-depth as I need to keep up with some of you guys.
jshowers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words guys. Appreciate it. Valhalla is the best!

On DGB, he was kicked out of Mizzou and transferred to Oklahoma. They are fighting for immediate eligibility considering he was never actually arrested and did not face charges at Missouri. Doubtful the NCAA grants it. If he is not eligible, he will still practice with OU all year and then it will be up in the air whether he declares for the draft or not. He's stated many times that he wants to get to the NFL as fast as possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 13 of 55

Jump to: