Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft Thread v1: Never Too Early
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts about AD's replacement? I'm not a draft expert but I think McKinnon will be better suited as a change-of-pace, 3rd down guy.

RB's seem to be a dime a dozen, but should we be thinking of finding one sooner rather than later? Todd Gurley would be someone I'd be very interested in. He'll be 21 by the time he enters his first training camp (if he declares next year). AD will be 30 next TC.

Would it be smart to draft a RB in round 2 (I realize that other needs may take precedence, just spit-balling here) with the idea to groom him as ADs heir to the throne? Let him learn from one of the best? I think a 1-2-3 punch of AD-Gurley-Mckinnon would lengthen ADs career. The idea would be to have a 2-back system when AD is 32-33 (2017 and 2018 seasons). REalistically I see AD having good seasons until he is 32-33 and then starting to drop off.

Or do we wait until AD is 32-33 and then draft someone? Sorry for rambling but it just seems like a good RB class in 2015.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends, if we can grab one of the top 4 RB's (or so) in the 2nd round in the middle of the 2nd round, I'd be cool with it. If we have a top 10 pick again, there will be other more pressing needs, and I question if a RB is worth a top 10 pick in the 2nd round.

VikeManDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
It depends, if we can grab one of the top 4 RB's (or so) in the 2nd round in the middle of the 2nd round, I'd be cool with it. If we have a top 10 pick again, there will be other more pressing needs, and I question if a RB is worth a top 10 pick in the 2nd round.

Yes, sorry I should have added this assumes we are picking 15-20 every round next year.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the thoughts on Geremy Davis, UConn? He's 6'3 215 and he looks it and plays like it.

Watched his game that up on Draft Breakdown (just cause) and he intrigued me enough to see what else he can do. didn't blow me away at all, but its only one game and who knows, he may be a decent mid to late round target. May be a bit of body catcher though. have to see more to be sure.

ps- Jshow, no response to my in depth, wonderfully detailed thoughts on Fowler? Razz
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that I would like to add a "true" RB1 prospect as Peterson's eventual successor either this year or next. He has to be young, though. I don't want to pick a senior or redshirt senior RB in 2015.

Dwayne Washington out of Washington, if he declares, is a favorite of mine. He's a beast. 6'1'' and 220 with serious athleticism. He came to UW as a WR but switched to RB because he was so big, strong, and fast. 20 years old on draft day next year.

Some other underclassmen options that I like w/ youth and eventual RB1 potential, as well as possible Day 3 picks in 2015 (I'm not very interested in spending a 1st-3rd round pick on a RB without exceptional talent) are Jay Ajayi (Boise State), Johnathan Gray (Texas), and Imani Cross (Nebraksa).
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings already drafted a Dwayne Washington once before...oh, sorry I thought you said DeWayne Washington. Laughing Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:

ps- Jshow, no response to my in depth, wonderfully detailed thoughts on Fowler? Razz

For me, right now, Fowler deserves no more than a single note saying "watch for development" because personally I thought his 2013 season was brutal and deserving of a 6th round grade. Also, I only had him down for 1 sack against UT.

I've heard a lot of buzz that he really improved his diet and weight room regimen for the 2014-2015 season and now looks lean instead of his slightly flabby look last year.

Don't get me wrong on Fowler Jr., because obviously none of my statements about him will be exactly the same next spring. I just feel like his junior tape was very unimpressive and he is coasting off his elite high school hype.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I think he technically only had one sack against UT, but there was another play that was basically a sack (I think).

either way, "wait a see" is probably a very good approach and pretty similar to mine. Just want to be clear that I'm not in love with him as a prospect, was more just surprised that you view him as a day 3 guy.

thanks for the response Wink
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
yeah I think he technically only had one sack against UT, but there was another play that was basically a sack (I think).

either way, "wait a see" is probably a very good approach and pretty similar to mine. Just want to be clear that I'm not in love with him as a prospect, was more just surprised that you view him as a day 3 guy.

thanks for the response Wink

No problem my man. Even though we don't really need an "edge" rusher next year w/ Barr, Robison, and Griffen, they are fun to look into and scout/watch tape for.

My current pre-season ranks for 2015:

4-3 ENDS

1. Mario Edwards Jr., FSU
2. Devonte Fields, TCU
3. Shilique Calhoun, MSU
4. Shaquille Riddick, WVU
5. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
6. Lorenzo, Mauldin, Louisville
7. Markus Golden, Mizzou
8. Shawn Oakman, Baylor
9. Tyriq McCord, Miami
10. Theiren Cockran, Minnesota

"EDGE" PLAYERS

1. Devonte Fields, TCU
2. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
3. Vic Beasley, Clemson
4. Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville
5. Hau'oli Kikaha, UW
6. Tyriq McCord, Miami
7. Kyler Fackrell, Utah St.
8. Shaquille Riddick, WVU
9. Eli Harold, UVA
10. Jordan Jenkins, UGA
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:

My current pre-season ranks for 2015:

4-3 ENDS

1. Mario Edwards Jr., FSU
2. Devonte Fields, TCU
3. Shilique Calhoun, MSU
4. Shaquille Riddick, WVU
5. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
6. Lorenzo, Mauldin, Louisville
7. Markus Golden, Mizzou
8. Shawn Oakman, Baylor
9. Tyriq McCord, Miami
10. Theiren Cockran, Minnesota

"EDGE" PLAYERS

1. Devonte Fields, TCU
2. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
3. Vic Beasley, Clemson
4. Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville
5. Hau'oli Kikaha, UW
6. Tyriq McCord, Miami
7. Kyler Fackrell, Utah St.
8. Shaquille Riddick, WVU
9. Eli Harold, UVA
10. Jordan Jenkins, UGA

really like the bolded in particular, especially Edwards. Its possible there's a spot for him on the defense, he has the size and athleticism to play multiple positions. Look forward to scouting him this upcoming season.
jshowers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:

really like the bolded in particular, especially Edwards. Its possible there's a spot for him on the defense, he has the size and athleticism to play multiple positions. Look forward to scouting him this upcoming season.

Even though we are set at DE for the near future, and possibly long term with Crichton, Edwards is simply outstanding. Best run defending DE I've ever scouted. His performance wasn't as good when he was pushing 300 pounds, so even though I'm tempted to consider him as a 3T, I think he's a true 4-3 base DE.... and a Zimmer prototype at that.

He gave Greg Robinson, 2014's second overall pick, a helluva time in the national championship game. Such raw strength and anchor. Ability to crash down. Quick, coordinated feet. Crazy athlete for a guy who weighs 280-290. He can do a standing backflip Shocked

GIF:

Video, watch his swim move on Robinson plus pure power and effort:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10253866

One of my favorite overall prospects. Will give him a 8.0+ grade I'm sure.

A side note... FSU is stocked. I love Edwards Jr and Ronald Darby as two of my favorite players in the 2015 class and potentially elite NFLers. They also have a bunch of role players from previous years that could start this year and be studs.

ILB/OLB Reggie Northrup is a beast and outstanding athlete. WLB candidate. He's a true junior and will replace Telvin Smith IMO.

SS/NCB Tyler Hunter is a really good pure football player who can do a ton for any defense. He has struggled w/ injury issues (neck/spine stuff, concerning) yet NFLDS still has him as their #5 SS for 2015. I drafted him in a college football league.

Also, Dolmonite, I really liked seeing you bold Shaquille Riddick and Tyriq McCord. Very underrated but major talents. Let me know if you would like to discuss them further.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Even though we are set at DE for the near future, and possibly long term with Crichton, Edwards is simply outstanding. Best run defending DE I've ever scouted. His performance wasn't as good when he was pushing 300 pounds, so even though I'm tempted to consider him as a 3T, I think he's a true 4-3 base DE.... and a Zimmer prototype

I really like Crichton as a base DE, but if Edwards is there for the taking I'm not passing him up. I'd love it cause he would give us yet another player in the front 7 who can move around, and him and Barr could be a great tandem (should AB scratch his potential)

Quote:
Also, Dolmonite, I really liked seeing you bold Shaquille Riddick and Tyriq McCord. Very underrated but major talents. Let me know if you would like to discuss them further.

Riddick could be a breakout player this year now that he's at WVU. He's got great length with surprising bend, good explosion, and he dominanted his competition, plus he has a lot of room to fill out. Also has shown a pretty good base.

McCord, is an exciting athlete who can do this..
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BF2XD7d-7tk
vikes28peterson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11066503&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D
Definitely gonna hurt his draft stock. Saw some in here interested in him so thought I'd post it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikes28peterson wrote:
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11066503&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D
Definitely gonna hurt his draft stock. Saw some in here interested in him so thought I'd post it

Mills had a terrible season anyway. They moved him to safety because he was getting abused at CB.

His teammate Jalen Collins is much better and should be a 1st/2nd round pick.

Although the best LSU defensive backs aren't even draft eligible yet....
jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to have Barr on the team, but almost wish we had waited a year to draft a high profile SLB/edge rusher. The 2015 class is going to be outstanding.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

Jump to: