Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53 Man Roster (Wayyyy early predictions)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Man Roster (Wayyyy early predictions) Reply with quote

Updated based on OTA's.

...not completely satisfied. Heath was my 53rd man. Don't know where I want to go with the last spot. I feel kind of light on OL.

Dallas Cowboys 2014 Team

Offense: 23

QB - 2 - Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden
RB - 4 - Demarco Murray, Lance Dunbar, Joseph Randle, Ryan Williams
FB - 1 - JC Copeland
TE - 3 - Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, James Hanna
WR - 5 - Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Devin Street
LT - 2 - Tyron Smith, Darrion Weems
LG - 2 - Ronald Learly, Ronald Patrick
OC - 1 - Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau
RG - 2 - Zack Martin, Mackenzy Bernadeau
RT - 1 - Doug Free, Darrion Weems

Defense: 27

RE - 2 - Demarcus Lawrence, George Selvie
3T - 3 - Henry Melton, Ben Bass, Davon Coleman
1T - 2 - Terrell McClain, Ken Bishop
LE - 3 - Tyrone Crawford, Ben Gardner, Jeremy Mincey
WB - 2 - Bruce Carter, Will Smith
MB - 2 - Devonte Holloman, Anthony Hitchens
SB - 2 - Justin Durant, Kyle Wilber
CB - 5 - Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, Terrance Mitchell, BW Webb
S - 6 - Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, Matt Johnson, Jakar Hamilton, Ahmad Dixon, Jeff Heath

Special Teams: 3
K - 1 - Dan Bailey
P - 1 - Cody Mandell
LS - 1 - Casey Kreiter

Surprise Cuts:
-Sterling Moore
-LP Ladouceur
-Nick Hayden
-Caleb Hannie

Notable Subtractions:
-Kyle Orton, QB
-Jeremy Parnell, OT

PUP:
Sean Lee
Anthony Spencer
Amobi Okoye

Key:
Green - Free Agent
Dark Blue - Draft Pick
Blue - UDFA
[/quote]
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.


Last edited by Texas_OutLaw7 on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10034
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the season starts I believe Dallas will add a vet MLB via FA. Definitely short on experience at that spot.

Can't see them carrying 6 DTs and 6 safeties. Bishop is odd man out on DL. Heath or Hamilton gets the axe. That clears a spot of another OL and the free agent MLB.

As much as I'd like to see my former Hawkeye beat out LP, I doubt it happens.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28395
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we hope for our version of the "No-Name Defense" this year? Laughing
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Before the season starts I believe Dallas will add a vet MLB via FA. Definitely short on experience at that spot.

Can't see them carrying 6 DTs and 6 safeties. Bishop is odd man out on DL. Heath or Hamilton gets the axe. That clears a spot of another OL and the free agent MLB.

As much as I'd like to see my former Hawkeye beat out LP, I doubt it happens.


Whoops. Meant to move Gardner to LE.

And I agree that there is some cut to be made in the secondary. I just don't know who. Matt Johnson is the likely candidate but I am holding out hope until the bitter end. I just don't know who to add in his place. At most, I see in the end 10 DBs. But I would prefer 9.

And no. The Canadian falls!
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28395
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Before the season starts I believe Dallas will add a vet MLB via FA. Definitely short on experience at that spot.

Can't see them carrying 6 DTs and 6 safeties. Bishop is odd man out on DL. Heath or Hamilton gets the axe. That clears a spot of another OL and the free agent MLB.

As much as I'd like to see my former Hawkeye beat out LP, I doubt it happens.


Whoops. Meant to move Gardner to LE.

And I agree that there is some cut to be made in the secondary. I just don't know who. Matt Johnson is the likely candidate but I am holding out hope until the bitter end. I just don't know who to add in his place. At most, I see in the end 10 DBs. But I would prefer 9.

And no. The Canadian falls!


I believe Broaddus said he sees the team carrying 10 DBs, 6 CBs and 4 safeties.

If I had to guess as to who?

CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Moore, Webb, Mitchell

S - Church, Wilcox, Ahmad Dixon, Jeff Heath
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6169
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a Post-OTA go:

QB - Romo, Weeden
RB - Murray, Dunbar, Randle, Malena
FB - Copeland
TE - Witten, Escobar, Hanna
WR - Bryant, Williams, Beasely, Harris, Street
Starting OL - Smith, Bernadeau, Frederick, Martin, Free
Reserve OL - Leary, Parnell, Wetzel

DE - Selvie, Lawrence, Mincey
DT - Bishop, McClain, Melton, Coleman
DE/DT Flex - Crawford, Bass, Gardner
LB - Carter, Holloman, Wilber, Durant, Hitchens, Smith
CB - Carr, Claiborne, Scandrick, Mitchell, Patmon, Moore
S - Church, Wilcox, Johnson, Hamilton, Heath

ST - Bailey, Mandell, Ladoucer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Dirk, you have Malena over Williams making the squad. Got any inside info?

Also, if we take two new CBs - is there any real value in keeping Moore?
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirk Gently


Joined: 04 Jun 2008
Posts: 6169
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Interesting, Dirk, you have Malena over Williams making the squad. Got any inside info?

Also, if we take two new CBs - is there any real value in keeping Moore?
absolutely none. I just like the kid. He's gotten some positive mention in OTAs but no, nothing about him outplaying Williams or even Randle for that matter.

I grabbed Moore for position flex as he can play safety as well, but that spot could easily go to a 4th TE or even another DL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dallasfan1313


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1530
Location: Rhode Island, USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Before the season starts I believe Dallas will add a vet MLB via FA. Definitely short on experience at that spot.

Can't see them carrying 6 DTs and 6 safeties. Bishop is odd man out on DL. Heath or Hamilton gets the axe. That clears a spot of another OL and the free agent MLB.

As much as I'd like to see my former Hawkeye beat out LP, I doubt it happens.


Whoops. Meant to move Gardner to LE.

And I agree that there is some cut to be made in the secondary. I just don't know who. Matt Johnson is the likely candidate but I am holding out hope until the bitter end. I just don't know who to add in his place. At most, I see in the end 10 DBs. But I would prefer 9.

And no. The Canadian falls!


Tex I think you should listen to this and just accept its message.
_________________


R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Man Roster (Wayyyy early predictions) Reply with quote

Updated based on Pre-season game 1.

Dallas Cowboys 2014 Team

Offense: 23

QB - 2 - Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden
RB - 4 - Demarco Murray, Lance Dunbar, Joseph Randle, Ryan Williams
TE - 3 - Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, James Hanna
WR - 5 - Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Devin Street
LT - 2 - Tyron Smith, Darrion Weems
LG - 2 - Ronald Learly, Mackenzy Bernadeau
OC - 1 - Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau
RG - 2 - Zack Martin, Uche Nwaneri
RT - 2 - Doug Free, John Wetzel

Defense: 27

RE - 2 - Demarcus Lawrence, George Selvie
3T - 3 - Henry Melton, Ben Bass, Davon Coleman
1T - 3 - Josh Brent, Terrell McClain, Ken Bishop
LE - 3 - Tyrone Crawford, Anthony Spencer, Ben Gardner
WB - 2 - Bruce Carter, Will Smith
MB - 2 - Devonte Holloman, Anthony Hitchens
SB - 2 - Justin Durant, Kyle Wilber
CB - 5 - Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, Terrance Mitchell, BW Webb
S - 5 - Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, Jakar Hamilton, Ahmad Dixon, Jeff Heath

Special Teams: 3
K - 1 - Dan Bailey
P - 1 - Cody Mandell
LS - 1 - Casey Kreiter

Notable Subtractions:
-Jeremy Parnell, OT
-Jeremy Mincey, DE
-Matt Johnson, S

PUP:
Amobi Okoye

IR:
Sean Lee

Key:
Green - Free Agent
Dark Blue - Draft Pick
Blue - UDFA

_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dallasfan1313


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 1530
Location: Rhode Island, USA
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey T_O7 Whats your jersey size?
_________________


R.I.P. B2TB and S.A.

ianlewis16 wrote:
you're my favourite poster

Matts4313 wrote:
DF1313 + Anger = Win for the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TD-ES-JJ


Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Posts: 1844
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Man Roster (Wayyyy early predictions) Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Updated based on Pre-season game 1.

Dallas Cowboys 2014 Team

Offense: 23

QB - 2 - Tony Romo, Brandon Weeden
RB - 4 - Demarco Murray, Lance Dunbar, Joseph Randle, Ryan Williams
TE - 3 - Jason Witten, Gavin Escobar, James Hanna
WR - 5 - Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams, Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, Devin Street
LT - 2 - Tyron Smith, Darrion Weems
LG - 2 - Ronald Learly, Mackenzy Bernadeau
OC - 1 - Travis Frederick, Mackenzy Bernadeau
RG - 2 - Zack Martin, Uche Nwaneri
RT - 2 - Doug Free, John Wetzel

Defense: 27

RE - 2 - Demarcus Lawrence, George Selvie
3T - 3 - Henry Melton, Ben Bass, Davon Coleman
1T - 3 - Josh Brent, Terrell McClain, Ken Bishop
LE - 3 - Tyrone Crawford, Anthony Spencer, Ben Gardner
WB - 2 - Bruce Carter, Will Smith
MB - 2 - Devonte Holloman, Anthony Hitchens
SB - 2 - Justin Durant, Kyle Wilber
CB - 5 - Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick, Terrance Mitchell, BW Webb
S - 5 - Barry Church, JJ Wilcox, Jakar Hamilton, Ahmad Dixon, Jeff Heath

Special Teams: 3
K - 1 - Dan Bailey
P - 1 - Cody Mandell
LS - 1 - Casey Kreiter

Notable Subtractions:
-Jeremy Parnell, OT
-Jeremy Mincey, DE
-Matt Johnson, S

PUP:
Amobi Okoye

IR:
Sean Lee

Key:
Green - Free Agent
Dark Blue - Draft Pick
Blue - UDFA


No Rolando McClain?
_________________


Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
htfryar


Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 10775
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolando McClain still has to earn a roster spot. The most egregious omission on TO7's list is L.P. Ladouceur. Simply shameful.
_________________


“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 53 Man Roster (Wayyyy early predictions) Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:


No Rolando McClain?


I thought about him. But I still haven't seen him. God knows we need LBer help. So if he is remotely worth it, game on. This will fluctuate a lot. Hell, I doubt Josh Brent actually makes the roster so soon, if at all.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24700
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallasfan1313 wrote:
Hey T_O7 Whats your jersey size?



Laughing Laughing Laughing

htfryar wrote:
Rolando McClain still has to earn a roster spot. The most egregious omission on TO7's list is L.P. Ladouceur. Simply shameful.


Laughing Laughing Laughing

So long as there is a chance I will not give up!
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group