Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Off Field with FS Jonathan Dowling Comes to Light
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10885
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Off Field with FS Jonathan Dowling Comes to Light Reply with quote

Interesting reason Dowling was kicked off the team at Florida as a freshman. part of the reason was skipped practices...

Quote:
After committing to Western Kentucky over the weekend, though, Dowling told Rivals.com that it came down to a conflict with his position coach, Chuck Heater. I dont do everything right, Dowling told Rivals. Im not an angel, but I feel like they couldve done a lot more things to help me instead of trying to break me down. That was a lot of problems I got into with my position coach. With him, it was never, Good play, you did good, it was always, Why the F did you do this or why did you do that? There were never positive things coming from him. For the first time in my life, that affected me and made me not like football. I had to get away from that.

Dowling admitted to skipping practice.


Interesting.

Its tough to come down too hard on a 17 or 18 year old kid that feels that he is not being helped. He freely admits that he could have handled things better but at the same time coaches need to realize that everyone is different. This is not the first player that says that they had issue with Coach Heater.

In my experience as a coach, any time a kid feels like they do not like the sport any more when they have so much talent, I have to re-adjust how I am getting across to him. I tell young coaches all the time that you risk "losing" the player if you cannot recognize the best way to communicate.

I made comments earlier based on what I read about the kid. But I have to wonder if these comments were a reflection of what went on at Florida or what went on at Western Kentucky. I can't really find much that says that he had problems with the Hilltoppers. In fact, all I could find were positives from his time at Western Kentucky. And I read where his best games came against SEC opponents.

If he can continue to grow like he has done over the past few years as a player, we may have gotten a steal.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5922
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for so long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10885
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the kid is a HITTER...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41kJkR0EwY


...and I know this was only one game but jeez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRu4sC6bI3Y
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig


Last edited by DOCLEW 28 on Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOCLEW 28


Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 10885
Location: East Oakland
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for so long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.


And its obvious by your comments that you never coached. But I get it. We don't know exactly what happened. All I'm saying is that when a kid loses his love for the sport because of the way he is being treated, as a coach you have to adjust. Now maybe at Florida they are so stacked that they don't feel that need.

That's cool.

And lets get it right. He didn't throw a hissy fit. He just stayed away. Remember, the kid is 17 of 18 years old. He was kicked off the team and he sat out a full year then signed with Western Kentucky. And there were no problems there. Either he matured or the coaching was different or a combination of both.

The bottom line is that he found a place where he was able to thrive and he grew as a player and succeeded. And there were no further issues. It may just come down to Florida not being a good fit. Like Reggie, I am willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt and see if he can make it happen here with the talent that he has.
_________________

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5922
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the guy turns out good, I'm not trying to sound like it was a reach or anything because it was a 7th round pick.

I just feel he blew it. He could have been better by choosing another university in the first place......because he was playing at western Kentucky afterwards. I feel that he stunted his growth by waiting a year & then going to WK where he wasn't in a top notch program.

RM says he looks into these young guy's eyes & asks if he can trust them. I hope Reggie got through to guys like Dowley
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3623
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24222
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a weak leader/coach who only knows how to teach by shouting. Same as the Dolphins locker room, a quality leadership structure wouldn't have allowed it to happen, but when you have trash leaders + coaches its rife.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost diedtherefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4463
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Its a weak leader/coach who only knows how to teach by shouting. Same as the Dolphins locker room, a quality leadership structure wouldn't have allowed it to happen, but when you have trash leaders + coaches its rife.


That's not to say that shouting doesn't suit some players. The trick is to know which way to treat players, some respond to shouting, others need an arm round. One approach doesn't suit all and either method on its own doesn't necessarily work.
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5922
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.

Screw that guy. That guy who was supposed to be your coach was just a POS, I could understand if Dowlingb had something like that happen.

This goes along with DOCLEW's coach talk. I guess I was lucky to never have had a terrible POS coach, I mean I've taken some licks verbally from coaches but to the extent that your coach did? Never. That's uncalled for.

Especially if we're talking 17-18 year old kids. I suppose you and Dowling handled it better than I would have because I would have gotten even & that's the worst thing to do......
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3623
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.

Screw that guy. That guy who was supposed to be your coach was just a POS, I could understand if Dowlingb had something like that happen.

This goes along with DOCLEW's coach talk. I guess I was lucky to never have had a terrible POS coach, I mean I've taken some licks verbally from coaches but to the extent that your coach did? Never. That's uncalled for.

Especially if we're talking 17-18 year old kids. I suppose you and Dowling handled it better than I would have because I would have gotten even & that's the worst thing to do......


He once call a time out during a game and made us run sprints during the time out because were only winning by five goals.
His favorite saying was that thoroughbreds run because they have too, donkeys have to be whipped.
I have a million stories like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9952
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Carrie a lot. More than I like Dowling, but the good thing about both of these guys is that most of their negatives are easily correctable.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5922
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.

Screw that guy. That guy who was supposed to be your coach was just a POS, I could understand if Dowlingb had something like that happen.

This goes along with DOCLEW's coach talk. I guess I was lucky to never have had a terrible POS coach, I mean I've taken some licks verbally from coaches but to the extent that your coach did? Never. That's uncalled for.

Especially if we're talking 17-18 year old kids. I suppose you and Dowling handled it better than I would have because I would have gotten even & that's the worst thing to do......


He once call a time out during a game and made us run sprints during the time out because were only winning by five goals.
His favorite saying was that thoroughbreds run because they have too, donkeys have to be whipped.
I have a million stories like that.

Holy crap, these days we have it easy then.
That stuff you're talking about sounds like the stuff my dad swears was his old school days......and by his days, he meant the days when"what they call child abuse today is a hug compared to what I got by my teachers, let alone your granddad & grandma."

I'm always like Rolling Eyes alright, pops. Whatever you say. I wish a teacher would touch me Laughing

Idk that sounds like an old school problem. I mean wasn't Bob Knight a star coach in you guys' generation? That was that eras type of coach & it was even portrayed in movies.

These days there's a bunch of soft spoken, humble coach K's. In this era the coach on TV is even.a schmuck(see Friday Night Lights the show).

I'm gonna do research on Dowling.....I am about to scout him personally through the power of the internet. I need to know what happened to him
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 9952
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As a major recruit out of high school, he was considered an athlete, so he wasnt very experienced at defensive back before Florida and Western Kentucky. His athletic traits and size help overcome his mental mistakes.

Made a big leap in eye discipline and mental processing from his junior season to his senior season. He was more comfortable as a deep safety after getting more experience. Since hes underdeveloped, he has to continue to show growth to avoid wasting his great physical abilities.

Play recognition became more consistent in 2013. Starting the play in the right direction helps limit wasted movement.


Shows me he puts in work on the mental side of the game.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitty


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 3623
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.

Screw that guy. That guy who was supposed to be your coach was just a POS, I could understand if Dowlingb had something like that happen.

This goes along with DOCLEW's coach talk. I guess I was lucky to never have had a terrible POS coach, I mean I've taken some licks verbally from coaches but to the extent that your coach did? Never. That's uncalled for.

Especially if we're talking 17-18 year old kids. I suppose you and Dowling handled it better than I would have because I would have gotten even & that's the worst thing to do......


He once call a time out during a game and made us run sprints during the time out because were only winning by five goals.
His favorite saying was that thoroughbreds run because they have too, donkeys have to be whipped.
I have a million stories like that.

Holy crap, these days we have it easy then.
That stuff you're talking about sounds like the stuff my dad swears was his old school days......and by his days, he meant the days when"what they call child abuse today is a hug compared to what I got by my teachers, let alone your granddad & grandma."

I'm always like Rolling Eyes alright, pops. Whatever you say. I wish a teacher would touch me Laughing

Idk that sounds like an old school problem. I mean wasn't Bob Knight a star coach in you guys' generation? That was that eras type of coach & it was even portrayed in movies.

These days there's a bunch of soft spoken, humble coach K's. In this era the coach on TV is even.a schmuck(see Friday Night Lights the show).

I'm gonna do research on Dowling.....I am about to scout him personally through the power of the internet. I need to know what happened to him


You have no idea.
This was one of my assistant coaches.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/twisted-connecticut-man-arrested-recruiting-men-fake-intelligence-agency-torturing-article-1.145280
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101Raider


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2416
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Sounds like a mentally weak guy.....

The way I see it, he was a highly recruited guy that made it to the prestigious university of Florida. I imagine that in high school he got away with a lot & still got an offer to Florida so he took his crap to Florida.

That crap wasn't being accepted & he was yelled at. He couldn't grasp someone yelling at him for doing what he's been allowed to do for soi long so he threw a hissy fit & transferred....If he was highly recruited then he's a fine ball player which means he wasn't ONLY getting yelled at for mishaps in practice.

Western Kentucky begged him to.join their program & he took advantage. Similar situation I'd imagine to what happened with the LSU.QB Laffeyette......as far as a highly recruited HS player taking a fall from an awesome SEC school to.some weak.2nd rate football program that is.

The coaches brown nosed this highly rated football player at western Kentucky. They probably couldn't imagine saying something bad about him or to.him......

Who's played football & never been chewed out? This guy is lucky Reggie McKenzie has given him a chance because I wouldn't have.


I hope he repays McKenzie for believing in him, I'll say that.

I understand what he went through.
I started playing lacrosse at seven years old. I lived for the sport year around my high school was nationally ranked in the top 20. There was 5 college All-Americans on that team. Two of them T national championships
My last game in High School I was matched up against a top defender in the country. I score 3 goals and had two assists. After the game the coach berated me in front of the team for not playing better.
It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I put down my stick and never play again I wouldn't even talk to college recruiters.
It had nothing to do with being mentally weak. It had to do with hatred for the coach
To add insult to injury after I quit the team he had me removed from the record book. Twenty years later I still hate that man.

Screw that guy. That guy who was supposed to be your coach was just a POS, I could understand if Dowlingb had something like that happen.

This goes along with DOCLEW's coach talk. I guess I was lucky to never have had a terrible POS coach, I mean I've taken some licks verbally from coaches but to the extent that your coach did? Never. That's uncalled for.

Especially if we're talking 17-18 year old kids. I suppose you and Dowling handled it better than I would have because I would have gotten even & that's the worst thing to do......


He once call a time out during a game and made us run sprints during the time out because were only winning by five goals.
His favorite saying was that thoroughbreds run because they have too, donkeys have to be whipped.
I have a million stories like that.

Holy crap, these days we have it easy then.
That stuff you're talking about sounds like the stuff my dad swears was his old school days......and by his days, he meant the days when"what they call child abuse today is a hug compared to what I got by my teachers, let alone your granddad & grandma."

I'm always like Rolling Eyes alright, pops. Whatever you say. I wish a teacher would touch me Laughing

Idk that sounds like an old school problem. I mean wasn't Bob Knight a star coach in you guys' generation? That was that eras type of coach & it was even portrayed in movies.

These days there's a bunch of soft spoken, humble coach K's. In this era the coach on TV is even.a schmuck(see Friday Night Lights the show).

I'm gonna do research on Dowling.....I am about to scout him personally through the power of the internet. I need to know what happened to him


You have no idea.
This was one of my assistant coaches.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/twisted-connecticut-man-arrested-recruiting-men-fake-intelligence-agency-torturing-article-1.145280

umm... I don't even know what to say
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group