Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53-man Roster predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
I am not in the camp of including him on the roster unless the measurables turn into something in pre-season. I just simply think he is a better player than given credit for; and no offense to my fellow Bama fans, but they don't always forget homerism (good or bad) when discussing Bama football or football in general. Wink

Hubbard was by far the biggest underachiever on the roster during Saban's current reign. He was a colossal disappointment after showing flashes as a RSF. He all but dropped off a cliff as a RSJ and declaring for the Draft was a big mistake. Yet like IG said, none of us shed a tear bcuz every other OLB on our roster was going to be an upgrade this upcoming season.

It's not homerism; It's reality. Does that mean that he will never live up to his potential? Anything is possible and hopefully he does. I would have liked to see what Greene could've done with him. Stash him on the PS if need be and see what happens.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 62 rec. 908 yds, 7 TDs
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
I am not in the camp of including him on the roster unless the measurables turn into something in pre-season. I just simply think he is a better player than given credit for; and no offense to my fellow Bama fans, but they don't always forget homerism (good or bad) when discussing Bama football or football in general. Wink

Hubbard was by far the biggest underachiever on the roster during Saban's current reign. He was a colossal disappointment after showing flashes as a RSF. He all but dropped off a cliff as a RSJ and declaring for the Draft was a big mistake. Yet like IG said, none of us shed a tear bcuz every other OLB on our roster was going to be an upgrade this upcoming season.

It's not homerism; It's reality. Does that mean that he will never live up to his potential? Anything is possible and hopefully he does. I would have liked to see what Greene could've done with him. Stash him on the PS if need be and see what happens.

I just see Hubbard getting a lot of bad press from other Bama fans who haven't ever made a compelling argument as to why they are glad he is gone. Even the above isn't entirely convincing to me. I guess in watching games, I saw a different Hubbard than what has been portrayed. I think at times he was vastly under-achieving while other times, he made plays that were both flashy or of the unsung hero variety.

In reality, if 31 other NFL teams view Hubbard as nothing but lost potential, then maybe we can stash him on the PS and see if anything can be coaxed out of his massive athletic frame.

But not to get too far off topic here, It will be interesting to see the offensive personel to come out of camp on the 53-man roster. There have been some unique choices and combinations in the past and I am interested in seeing how many TEs, WRs, or RBs we will keep.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why other 'Bama fans would complain about Hubbard. Sure he underachieved, but it's not like he completely held back the team, it's not like he got away with what Kelly Johnson did a couple years ago. He was a guy considered draftable based on potential, he didn't get drafted, we picked him up to give him a chance. I don't know why we're still discussing Hubbard TBH.
stockholder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I've seen Tolzien being kept over Flynn. That's crazy talk. The only way T makes the 53 is if we keep 3 QB's.

I disagree. McCarthy seems to be pretty high on Tolzien, and I think given a full offseason with McCarthy is going to wonders about his ability to command the offense. Tolzien was only in the Packers' system for a little over a month before he was called into the game because of injury. We know what Matt Flynn is. He's a decent backup who understands the ins and outs of McCarthy's scheme, that much we know.
I disagree, the only way he keeps Tolzien is if Flynn gets hurt. (Arm Trouble.) MM knows he has to keep 26 on defense. Numbers don't match up. Taylor looks like the next cut to me. He should pray for an injury also. Or more dropped passes from the rookies.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
I've seen Tolzien being kept over Flynn. That's crazy talk. The only way T makes the 53 is if we keep 3 QB's.

I disagree. McCarthy seems to be pretty high on Tolzien, and I think given a full offseason with McCarthy is going to wonders about his ability to command the offense. Tolzien was only in the Packers' system for a little over a month before he was called into the game because of injury. We know what Matt Flynn is. He's a decent backup who understands the ins and outs of McCarthy's scheme, that much we know.

Tolzien was added to the PS on September 1st and called into game action November 10th. While it is semantics, he did have 2 months under the system. I don't know if that is enough to really learn much, but I'm sure it has some effect. As a result though, I think given a full year around MM and A-Rod, Tolzien could be a very decent backup. There's something about Flynn I don't trust...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

Tolzien was added to the PS on September 1st and called into game action November 10th. While it is semantics, he did have 2 months under the system. I don't know if that is enough to really learn much, but I'm sure it has some effect. As a result though, I think given a full year around MM and A-Rod, Tolzien could be a very decent backup. There's something about Flynn I don't trust...
I do believe they keep Tolzien Handy. It will take an awesome pre-season for you to be right.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

I do believe they keep Tolzien Handy. It will take an awesome pre-season for you to be right.

Tolzein? How about chicken bacon ranch? Dude is an All-Star waiting to happen. Can you spell w-i-n-n-e-r? Dude flies like a hawk and throws like a bee. Semantics shemantics! Jelly on your sandwich? Maybe, but we'll see if Tolzein has the mental makeup.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Tolzein? How about chicken bacon ranch? Dude is an All-Star waiting to happen. Can you spell w-i-n-n-e-r? Dude flies like a hawk and throws like a bee. Semantics shemantics! Jelly on your sandwich? Maybe, but we'll see if Tolzein has the mental makeup.

But does he have enough hot sauce in the chicken wing to bring home the bacon? Odds say no but we know that Tolzien's ironman in the head game. If he can do the taxi squad another year, we could go fishing with him next offseason. TT will pass because Tolzien can't glitter the gold filling in your teeth. That's why Flynn will be flinging it if ARod spends too much time with Olivia Munn.
Csraverage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

But does he have enough hot sauce in the chicken wing to bring home the bacon? Odds say no but we know that Tolzien's ironman in the head game. If he can do the taxi squad another year, we could go fishing with him next offseason. TT will pass because Tolzien can't glitter the gold filling in your teeth. That's why Flynn will be flinging it if ARod spends too much time with Olivia Munn.

Oh yes... that...Wait...wh...a.......yes?

CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

But do you prefer jelly on the top or bottom? Can Tolzein make these decisions on the fly? Maybe. Put the pads on! He's raw like a pile of dough but we have yet to see if he can grasp the ins and outs of a playbook! Get the pads on! Extra cheese with that? Who knows. Tolzein might. Will Aaron Rodgers fling it accordingly or respond well under adversity? Put the pads on! Extra hot sauce on those wings but will Tolzein be able to stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen! Bananas and grapes, apples and pears.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

But do you prefer jelly on the top or bottom? Can Tolzein make these decisions on the fly? Maybe. Put the pads on! He's raw like a pile of dough but we have yet to see if he can grasp the ins and outs of a playbook! Get the pads on! Extra cheese with that? Who knows. Tolzein might. Will Aaron Rodgers fling it accordingly or respond well under adversity? Put the pads on! Extra hot sauce on those wings but will Tolzein be able to stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen! Bananas and grapes, apples and pears.

Guys (and gals). We get the point here. Once was funny, but now this is seriously detracting from the football talk that should be happening on this forum. Just let he who shall not be named make their posts and get on with your life. It's not helping when you keep posting these "troll style" posts.

</MiniMod>

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
CentralFC wrote:

Guys (and gals). We get the point here. Once was funny, but now this is seriously detracting from the football talk that should be happening on this forum. Just let he who shall not be named make their posts and get on with your life. It's not helping when you keep posting these "troll style" posts.

</MiniMod>

Mind over matter? Or if you don't have a mind can you matter? Put the pads on!
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep reading Central's posts and I can't but help reading them in Frank Caliendo's Mel Kiper voice.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
I keep reading Central's posts and I can't but help reading them in Frank Caliendo's Mel Kiper voice.

Damn it now I am, too Laughing
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
I am stuck on fourth TE/ Sixth WR/ Fifth RB/ Third QB/ Ninth oline. I need three of those.
I think they carry 5 TE's . Can't push colt on the PS. He'll be claimed. And Taylor is a special team guy. The most stupid thing I saw MM do last year was try to cram Franklin down the throats of a DL. Result Fumble. I still say he makes it, and Harris if he's ready. Rest PS. Janis is the 6th WR. Qb - I still see 2. especially if MM wants the def. at 26. Sherod is the big question.

Oh you mean when our other two running backs were hurt and we had no other ones and he was averaging 8 yards a carry.

What a fool.
No - I mean the QB sneak has been in the playbook since Bart Starr. Let alone Farve banging heads with warren Sapp. How fast people forget. Of course it might be Dietz was just overmatched and the forum favors rookies over Vets. You do know what a playbook is? Open it UP!

Lol so run the sneak instead of a guy getting 8 a pop? Can we ban this guy already.
It's all about surprise and BLOCKS!. Everyone new Franklin was going to get the Ball. Wise up guys! Watch the guys instead of your stats. Poor call by MM. Its still about blocks. This rookie followed the play. The line did poop. Which is starting to show in some of your posts.

Offensive lineman are supposed to cook the pancakes and fry the bacon! If they're not getting the bacon finished then they aren't doing their job! McCarthy needs to be fired because Michelin makes terrible tires and McCarthy can't produce on the road. Take this to the candy shop!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: