Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53-man Roster predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Jsitton71# wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
brandon494 wrote:
We aren't keeping 5 TEs and you guys need to add Hubbard to your 53 man roster.

Why?
Won't last on the PS, love the measurables, plus the kids got the potential to be a force. Heard a beat writer say he looked like a physical freak ala Peppers. He was projected to go in the 3rd but didn't get drafted for health concerns but he got cleared medically. Think he's a much better prospect than Mulumba and Palmer. Plus I agree 5 TEs is a waste, why hold a roster spot for a one dimensional TE? I think LBs are better for STs .

He's not that good. He had 3 sacks last year. If he played for anybody other than Alabama nobody would be talking about him. He was given every opportunity to succeed last year, and he flopped. Assuming that he didn't get drafted because of his medical rather than a lack of ability is one I don't think you can reasonably make.

If you lose Hubbard in final cut downs and you really wanted him, I don't think anybody is going to show much interest in putting him on an active roster.

strong this. looks like tarzan plays like jane.

soft player. there's a reason he was never a force at alabama and went undrafted.

if you can mold him, fine, but i won't be surprised at all if he doesn't make the final 53, and if he does, he's a gameday inactive for awhile believe that.

El Ramster on the amazing work
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
He's not that good. He had 3 sacks last year. If he played for anybody other than Alabama nobody would be talking about him

Because sacks are the best indication of a player's effectiveness on a defense...

If he was on another team, people probably would have noticed him more, actually. There is a serious gap in logic in saying that his production at Alabama would have been equally level at another school. I haven't watched game film on Hubbard, but maybe he was a big fish in a big pond? To simple say that his sack numbers and the school he played for are the reasons he is not worth a shot is asinine. For a team that recently had CJ Wilson and Jarius Wynn on it's roster for periods of time, I'd gladly be willing to take a look at someone with measurables who was at one time a highly sought after HS product that could bulk up and be a similar force to what Neal has been and what we hope Peppers can be. 38-inch vertical, 6'6", 257 lbs and a 4.69 40. That can't be ignored.

IrishGreen wrote:

soft player. there's a reason he was never a force at alabama and went undrafted.

if you can mold him, fine, but i won't be surprised at all if he doesn't make the final 53, and if he does, he's a gameday inactive for awhile believe that.

Never a force at Alabama? The guy put up 13 sacks on a defense that applied a total of 57 sacks over the last two years. He led the team with 7 sacks in 2012 and accounted for 22.8% of sacks produced during that span. Like I said, stats aren't a good indicator of production but in comparison to the team's production in this area, he accounted for more than 1/5th on one of the best teams in the nation going against some of the best competition.

Saban and Kirby Smart play a lot of situational defense where instead of packages forced on players, they have players for specific packages. I recognize this is a common practice, but they utilize this on almost every defensive play where players in Smart's defense have more defined roles in the front seven that allow for exceptional back-half play on the defense. That's why the glamorous positions on the Tide's defense are more present in the secondary and for coverage-LBers. Their defensive front goes largely un-noticed. But guys like Mosley, McClain, Johnson, Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Barron, Clinton-Dix, Milliner, etc. have all had a better initial entry into the NFL over Deaderick, Cody, and a whole host of DL/OLBs in Saban/Smart's 3-4. Their recruiting is heavily in secondary and middle-backer players out of HS than DL and base 3-4 OLBs.

I think if you coach up Hubbard and allow him time to develop, those tools--his measurables listed above--can be put to better use (productive use).

**Full disclosure, I grew up a die-hard Crimson Tide fan due to living 9 years close to the University.**

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am stuck on fourth TE/ Sixth WR/ Fifth RB/ Third QB/ Ninth oline. I need three of those.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I am stuck on fourth TE/ Sixth WR/ Fifth RB/ Third QB/ Ninth oline. I need three of those.
I think they carry 5 TE's . Can't push colt on the PS. He'll be claimed. And Taylor is a special team guy. The most stupid thing I saw MM do last year was try to cram Franklin down the throats of a DL. Result Fumble. I still say he makes it, and Harris if he's ready. Rest PS. Janis is the 6th WR. Qb - I still see 2. especially if MM wants the def. at 26. Sherod is the big question.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
I think they carry 5 TE's . Can't push colt on the PS. He'll be claimed. And Taylor is a special team guy. The most stupid thing I saw MM do last year was try to cram Franklin down the throats of a DL. Result Fumble. I still say he makes it, and Harris if he's ready. Rest PS. Janis is the 6th WR. Qb - I still see 2. especially if MM wants the def. at 26. Sherod is the big question.

Oh you mean when our other two running backs were hurt and we had no other ones and he was averaging 8 yards a carry.

What a fool.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
He's not that good. He had 3 sacks last year. If he played for anybody other than Alabama nobody would be talking about him

Because sacks are the best indication of a player's effectiveness on a defense...

If he was on another team, people probably would have noticed him more, actually. There is a serious gap in logic in saying that his production at Alabama would have been equally level at another school. I haven't watched game film on Hubbard, but maybe he was a big fish in a big pond? To simple say that his sack numbers and the school he played for are the reasons he is not worth a shot is asinine. For a team that recently had CJ Wilson and Jarius Wynn on it's roster for periods of time, I'd gladly be willing to take a look at someone with measurables who was at one time a highly sought after HS product that could bulk up and be a similar force to what Neal has been and what we hope Peppers can be. 38-inch vertical, 6'6", 257 lbs and a 4.69 40. That can't be ignored.

IrishGreen wrote:

Never a force at Alabama? The guy put up 13 sacks on a defense that applied a total of 57 sacks over the last two years. He led the team with 7 sacks in 2012 and accounted for 22.8% of sacks produced during that span. Like I said, stats aren't a good indicator of production but in comparison to the team's production in this area, he accounted for more than 1/5th on one of the best teams in the nation going against some of the best competition.

Saban and Kirby Smart play a lot of situational defense where instead of packages forced on players, they have players for specific packages. I recognize this is a common practice, but they utilize this on almost every defensive play where players in Smart's defense have more defined roles in the front seven that allow for exceptional back-half play on the defense. That's why the glamorous positions on the Tide's defense are more present in the secondary and for coverage-LBers. Their defensive front goes largely un-noticed. But guys like Mosley, McClain, Johnson, Kirkpatrick, Jackson, Barron, Clinton-Dix, Milliner, etc. have all had a better initial entry into the NFL over Deaderick, Cody, and a whole host of DL/OLBs in Saban/Smart's 3-4. Their recruiting is heavily in secondary and middle-backer players out of HS than DL and base 3-4 OLBs.

I think if you coach up Hubbard and allow him time to develop, those tools--his measurables listed above--can be put to better use (productive use).

**Full disclosure, I grew up a die-hard Crimson Tide fan due to living 9 years close to the University.**

where are you getting 13 from? i see 10 everywhere i look, and a whopping 3 his junior year. when he declared, i heard no alabama fan crying that he was leaving. and from every "scouting report" i heard, he was far from a good football player yet.

let's be real here. guys with those bodies don't go undrafted unless there's a good reason, and the reason for hubbard is that he's not as good of a football player as an athlete. i don't understand how it'd be shocking if he didn't make the roster.

and if he does, he's not going to be contributing early except for on special teams, if he even is active on game days.

our best bet is prolly the practice squad with him, but i know we're not exactly loaded with backups at his position, so he'll have a shot against mulumba, palmer, etc.

El Ramster on the amazing work
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
NCPackers_08 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

IrishGreen wrote:

where are you getting 13 from? i see 10 everywhere i look, and a whopping 3 his junior year. when he declared, i heard no alabama fan crying that he was leaving. and from every "scouting report" i heard, he was far from a good football player yet.

let's be real here. guys with those bodies don't go undrafted unless there's a good reason, and the reason for hubbard is that he's not as good of a football player as an athlete. i don't understand how it'd be shocking if he didn't make the roster.

and if he does, he's not going to be contributing early except for on special teams, if he even is active on game days.

our best bet is prolly the practice squad with him, but i know we're not exactly loaded with backups at his position, so he'll have a shot against mulumba, palmer, etc.

Like an idiot... I double-counted. I concede on this one just because of my stupid math. Mad

Still 10 out of 57 in two years as a full-time starter is 17%, so a little over 1/6th of the production. I agree with PS-ing the guy; I am not in the camp of including him on the roster unless the measurables turn into something in pre-season. I just simply think he is a better player than given credit for; and no offense to my fellow Bama fans, but they don't always forget homerism (good or bad) when discussing Bama football or football in general. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Oh you mean when our other two running backs were hurt and we had no other ones and he was averaging 8 yards a carry.

What a fool.
No - I mean the QB sneak has been in the playbook since Bart Starr. Let alone Farve banging heads with warren Sapp. How fast people forget. Of course it might be Dietz was just overmatched and the forum favors rookies over Vets. You do know what a playbook is? Open it UP!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

What a fool.
No - I mean the QB sneak has been in the playbook since Bart Starr. Let alone Farve banging heads with warren Sapp. How fast people forget. Of course it might be Dietz was just overmatched and the forum favors rookies over Vets. You do know what a playbook is? Open it UP!

Lol so run the sneak instead of a guy getting 8 a pop? Can we ban this guy already.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

What a fool.

Lol so run the sneak instead of a guy getting 8 a pop? Can we ban this guy already.

Will just assume a new identity.
stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

What a fool.

It's all about surprise and BLOCKS!. Everyone new Franklin was going to get the Ball. Wise up guys! Watch the guys instead of your stats. Poor call by MM. Its still about blocks. This rookie followed the play. The line did poop. Which is starting to show in some of your posts.
Jsitton71#

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
stockholder wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

What a fool.

It's all about surprise and BLOCKS!. Everyone knew Franklin was going to get the Ball. Wise up guys! Watch the guys instead of your stats. Poor call by MM. Its still about blocks. This rookie followed the play. The line did poop. Which is starting to show in some of your posts.
Fixed it for you, you forgot the K.
5thStringQB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could reach through the screen and punch anyone on this forum...
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

No, but if you don't wan to discuss football don't post.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
It's all about surprise and BLOCKS!. Everyone new Franklin was going to get the Ball. Wise up guys! Watch the guys instead of your stats. Poor call by MM. Its still about blocks. This rookie followed the play. The line did poop. Which is starting to show in some of your posts.

Either stick to talking football, or don't post. Your treading on a dangerous line here and this is twice now that I've had to discuss it with you. I suggest you brush up on the forum rules, or next time I'll be handing out an official warning.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: