Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

53-man Roster predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 2609
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: 53-man Roster predictions Reply with quote

Here you go.....now get at it

From the http://www.packers.com/team/players.html

QB: Flynn, Rodgers, Tolzien
RB: Franklin, Harris, Hill, Lacy, Starks,
FB: Kuhn, Liaina
WR: Abbrederis, Adams, Boykin, Cobb, Dorsey, Gillett, Harper, Janis, Nelson, White
TE: Bostick, Quarless, Rodgers, Stoneburner, Taylor, Webber
OL: Adams, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Bulaga, Gerhart, Lang, Linsley, Sherrod, Sitton, Taylor, Tiller, Tretter, Vujnovich

DL: Boyd, Daniels, Guion, Jones, Neal, Peppers, Raji, Thornton, Worthy
LB: Aiyewa, Barrington, Bradford, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Matthews, Mulumba, Palmer, Perry, Thomas
CB: Bush, Dennard, Goodson, Hayward, House, Hyde, Nixon, Rolle, Shields, Williams
S: Banjo, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson

Specials: Crosby, Goode, Masthay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jfinley88


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 12180
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers - Flynn (2)
RB: Lacy - Starks - Franklin - Harris - Kuhn (5)
WR: Nelson - Cobb - Adams - Boykin - Abbrederis - Janis (6)
TE: Quarless - Rodgers - Bostick (3)
OT: Bulaga - Bakhtiari - Sherrod - Barclay (4)
INTL: Sitton - Lang - Tretter - Linsley (4)

24

DL: Raji - Daniels - Jones - Worthy - Thornton - Boyd (6)
RLB: Matthews - Perry - (Peppers) - (Neal) - Palmer - Mulumba (6)
O-LS LB: Hawk - (Bradford) - Jones - Barrington - Lattimore (5)
CB: Williams - Shields - Hayward - (Hyde) - Bush (5)
S: Burnett - ClintonDix - Richardson - Banjo (4)

26

Practice Squad

Demetri Goodson
Jay Elliot
Chase Rettig
Raijon Neal
Jake Stoneburner
Kevin Dorsey
Chris Harper
Garth Gerhart

Still holding out hope the J Fin returns though. If he's back this the best paper offense we ever had.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wgbeethree


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3158
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers, Flynn
RB: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Neal, Kuhn
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Boykins, Janis
TE: Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers, Taylor
OL: Bulaga, Sherrod, Bahktiari, Barclay, Sitton, Lang, Tretter, Taylor

DL: Boyd, Jones, Thornton, Worthy, Daniels, Raji
DL/LB: Peppers, Neal
LB: Barrington, Bradford, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Matthews, Perry, Elliott
DB: Sheilds, Williams, Hayward, House, Hyde, Bush, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson, Banjo

ST: Goode, Crosby, Masthay
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 36239
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers / Tolzien (2)
RB: Lacy / Starks / Franklin / Harris / Kuhn (5)
WR: Nelson / Cobb / Adams / Boykins / Abbrederis / Janis (6)
TE: Quarless / Bostick / Rodgers / Taylor (4)
OL: Bahktiari / Bulaga / Lang / Sitton / Tretter / Sherrod / Barclay / Linsley (Cool

DL: Raji / Daniels / Jones / Worthy / Thornton / Boyd (6)
LB: Matthews / Peppers / Hawk / Jones / Perry / Lattimore / Neal / Barrington / Bradford (9)
DB: Shields / Williams / Hayward / Burnett / Clinton-Dix / Richardson / Hyde / Bush / House / Goodson (10)

ST: Goode / Crosby / Masthay

Offense: 25
Defense: 25
ST: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Blank402


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 595
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien
RB: Lacy, Starks, Franklin
FB: Kuhn
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, Abbrederis, Janis
TE: Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers, Stoneburner
T: Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Sherrod
G: Sitton, Lang, Barcaly
C: Tretter, Linsley

DE: Daniels, Jones, Boyd, Worthy, Thornton
NT: Raji
DE/LB: Peppers, Neal
ILB: Hawk, Jones, Barrington, Lattimore
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Mulamba, Bradford
CB: Shields, Williams, Hayward, Hyde, Bush
S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson, Banjo

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

*Goodson on the practice squad
_________________
Quote:
"I didn't know if it was a safety or a linebacker. I knew that I was going to force the blow. So I did it. He kind of flew away there." - Eddie Lacy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 7046
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get it down to 54 without much problem. Beyond that, I'm struggling.
_________________
the combined record of Brady, Manning, Montana, Marino, Elway, Favre, Young, Staubach, Jim Kelly, Phil Simms, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, Ben Roethlisberger when their defenses have given up 37 or more points? It's 0-24.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6626
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: 53-man Roster predictions Reply with quote

QB: Flynn, Rodgers, Tolzien (they wont only keep 2 after what happened last year)

RB: Franklin, Harris, Lacy, Starks, (all 4 are deserving, plus injury history with all 4 now so they could use the depth here)

FB: Kuhn (obvious)

WR: Abbrederis, Adams, Boykin, Cobb, Janis, Nelson (talent wise this is the ideal 6, but White still has a shot)

TE: Bostick, Quarless, Rodgers (Taylor is a wildcard for me, hes got a big lean in ST's that could keep him around)

OL: Bakhtiari, Barclay, Bulaga, Lang, Linsley, Sherrod, Sitton, Tretter (8 OL with a backup for each spot looks really good going into 2014)

DL: Boyd, Daniels, Jones, Neal, Peppers, Raji, Thornton, Worthy (super deep DL, but we also said that last year unitl it folded... big year needed form this group)

LB: Barrington, Bradford, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Matthews, Perry (i would have kept 8 here but I think Peppers & Neal could get some looks as outside rushers)

CB: Bush, Goodson, Hayward, House, Hyde, Shields, Williams (goodson is a wild card, everyone else is a lock imo)

S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson (Banjo could stick around but Hyde could get some reps at S if needed)

Specialists: Crosby, Goode, Masthay (obvious)


notes:

-i had a hard time with cutting white... i think he could stick if they can find a way to stash janis on the PS... either way were talking about a roster spot that'll probably never get activated on game day so that benefits Janis making the roster

-palmer & mulumba gave me issues as well... i think either could stick, but with the looks that peppers could get on the outside & also what bradford is capable of I think that made both palmer & mulumba expendable (since neither of them lit it up last year either)

-TE gave me a problem too... i really like Taylor on ST's (& so do the packers) but i think they have to make room for Rodgers after overspending a 3rd on him...

- i gave goodson a roster spot but he could be a PS candidate as well (maybe they hold onto Banjo instead)

- & we all know that atleast 1 UDFA will exceed expectation & probably make the team so thats something to think about as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skypilot


Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 998
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers, Tolzien
RB: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Harris
FB: Kuhn
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, Abbrederis
TE: Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers, Taylor
T: Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Barclay (T/G) FA (T)
G: Sitton, Lang, Taylor
C: Tretter (C-G), Linsley (C-G)
25

DL: Daniels, Jones, Boyd, Worthy, Thornton
NT: Raji
Elephant: Peppers, Neal, Perry (OLB)
ILB: Hawk, Jones, Barrington, Lattimore,
OLB: Matthews, Bradford, Mulumba
CB: Shields, Williams, Hayward, House, Hyde (CB-S)
S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson
24

ST's: Bush (DB)

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackers_08


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 8639
Location: Edina, MN
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 53-man Roster predictions Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
QB: Flynn, Rodgers, Tolzien (they wont only keep 2 after what happened last year)

RB: Franklin, Harris, Lacy, Starks, (all 4 are deserving, plus injury history with all 4 now so they could use the depth here)

FB: Kuhn (obvious)

WR: Abbrederis, Adams, Boykin, Cobb, Janis, Nelson (talent wise this is the ideal 6, but White still has a shot)

TE: Bostick, Quarless, Rodgers (Taylor is a wildcard for me, hes got a big lean in ST's that could keep him around)

OL: Bakhtiari, Barclay, Bulaga, Lang, Linsley, Sherrod, Sitton, Tretter (8 OL with a backup for each spot looks really good going into 2014)

DL: Boyd, Daniels, Jones, Neal, Peppers, Raji, Thornton, Worthy (super deep DL, but we also said that last year unitl it folded... big year needed form this group)

LB: Barrington, Bradford, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Matthews, Perry (i would have kept 8 here but I think Peppers & Neal could get some looks as outside rushers)

CB: Bush, Goodson, Hayward, House, Hyde, Shields, Williams (goodson is a wild card, everyone else is a lock imo)

S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson (Banjo could stick around but Hyde could get some reps at S if needed)

Specialists: Crosby, Goode, Masthay (obvious)


notes:

-i had a hard time with cutting white... i think he could stick if they can find a way to stash janis on the PS... either way were talking about a roster spot that'll probably never get activated on game day so that benefits Janis making the roster

-palmer & mulumba gave me issues as well... i think either could stick, but with the looks that peppers could get on the outside & also what bradford is capable of I think that made both palmer & mulumba expendable (since neither of them lit it up last year either)

-TE gave me a problem too... i really like Taylor on ST's (& so do the packers) but i think they have to make room for Rodgers after overspending a 3rd on him...

- i gave goodson a roster spot but he could be a PS candidate as well (maybe they hold onto Banjo instead)

- & we all know that atleast 1 UDFA will exceed expectation & probably make the team so thats something to think about as well


I think Janis goes on the PS - I've never seen Thompson be one to keep a guy simply for potential. All players have a role and unless Janis can compete for something on Special Teams, he will be a PS-er.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2428
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers/Flynn
RB: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Neal(think he can supplant Harris as much as I like Harris)
FB: Kuhn
H-Back: Bostick, Rodgers
OT: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Barclay, Sherrod
OG: Sitton, Lang, Taylor
C: Tretter, Linsley
TE: Quarless, Taylor
WR: Cobb, Nelson, Boykin, Adams, Dorsey

DE: Daniels, Jones, Worthy, Guion, Boyd
NT: Raji, Thornton
Hybrid OLB/DE: Peppers, Neal
OLB: CMIII, Perry, Bradford
ILB: Hawk, Jones, Barrington, Lattimore
CB: Hayward, Hyde, House, Shields, Tramon
FS: LOL Clinton-Dix, Chris Banjo
SS: Burnett, Richardson

Specialists: Crosby, Masthay, Goode, Janis(RS)


PS: Goodson, McCray, Rettig, Fullington, Hubbard, Mike Pennel, Liaina, Abbrederis


I added Linsley to the final 53 because Tretter gives us a swingman option and I don't think Fullington will be able to unseat Lane Taylor. I think LaDarius Perkins will play pretty well for us in the preseason and won't be able to make it to the practice squad. I question Harris' knee which is why Raijon Neal makes it. I was thinking about letting Lattimore go, but Lattimore gives us more on ST than Stoneburner who, hate to say it, is gone. I'd love to see him beat out Richard Rodgers to ultimately prove that pick was a waste, but Rodgers might simply beat him out because he was a 3rd round pick that was selected for potential(as well as a definitive H-back role) as opposed to a UDFA from last year that did nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HawaiiFan808


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 3016
Location: Honolulu, HI
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers, Flynn, Tolzien (3)
RB: Lacy, Starks, Franklin, Kuhn, Harris (4)
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Boykin, Abberderis, Dorsey (6) (Take a chance with Janis to PS)
TE: Rodgers, Quarless, Taylor, Bostick (4)
OL: Bak, Tretter, Sitton, Bulaga, Lang, Sherrod, Linsley, Barclay (8)
DL: Raji, Thorton, Peppers, Neal, Worthy, Daniels, Boyd, Jones (7)
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Mulumba, Bradford (4)
ILB: Lattimore, Hawk, Jones, Barrington (4)
CB: Shields, Williams, Hyde, Hayward, Bush, Goodson (6)
S: Clinton-Dix, Burnett, Banjo (3)

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

PS: Janis,
_________________
Nnivolcm wrote:
Ugh... Avoid Green Bay's GDT. There is so much stupid in there that I felt dumber reading some of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scuba St3ve


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Location: Ashwaubenon
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB: Rodgers, Flynn (2)
RB: Lacy, Starks, Harris, Franklin, Kuhn (5)
WR: Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, Janis, Abbrederis (6)
TE: Rodgers, Bostick, Quarless, Taylor (4)
OL: Bak, Sitton, Tretter, Lang, Bulaga, Sherrod, Barclay, Linsley [8]
(25)

DL: Raji, Daniels, Jones, Worthy, Thorton, Boyd (6)
DL/LB: Neal, Peppers (2)
LB: Matthews, Jones, Hawk, Perry, Bradford, Barrington (7)
CB: Williams, Shields, Hayward, House, Hyde, Bush (6)
S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson (3)
(25)

K: Crosby
P: Masthay
LS: Goode
(3)

Obviously some of these are either going to get injured (IR) or not make the team because every year an undrafted FA makes the team

Most likely (some surprise) cuts: Kuhn, Lattimore, Bush, Barrington, Linsley, Abbredaris, Janis, Taylor, Richardson, Franklin

Most likely to make the team I have missing: Tolzein, Guion, Hubbard, Doughty, Harper, Goodson, Chase Thomas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Skypilot


Joined: 14 Dec 2013
Posts: 998
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 53-man Roster predictions Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
QB: Flynn, Rodgers, Tolzien (they wont only keep 2 after what happened last year)

RB: Franklin, Harris, Lacy, Starks, (all 4 are deserving, plus injury history with all 4 now so they could use the depth here)

FB: Kuhn (obvious)

WR: Abbrederis, Adams, Boykin, Cobb, Janis, Nelson (talent wise this is the ideal 6, but White still has a shot)

TE: Bostick, Quarless, Rodgers (Taylor is a wildcard for me, hes got a big lean in ST's that could keep him around)

OL: Bakhtiari, Barclay, Bulaga, Lang, Linsley, Sherrod, Sitton, Tretter (8 OL with a backup for each spot looks really good going into 2014)

DL: Boyd, Daniels, Jones, Neal, Peppers, Raji, Thornton, Worthy (super deep DL, but we also said that last year unitl it folded... big year needed form this group)

LB: Barrington, Bradford, Hawk, Jones, Lattimore, Matthews, Perry (i would have kept 8 here but I think Peppers & Neal could get some looks as outside rushers)

CB: Bush, Goodson, Hayward, House, Hyde, Shields, Williams (goodson is a wild card, everyone else is a lock imo)

S: Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Richardson (Banjo could stick around but Hyde could get some reps at S if needed)

Specialists: Crosby, Goode, Masthay (obvious)


notes:

-i had a hard time with cutting white... i think he could stick if they can find a way to stash janis on the PS... either way were talking about a roster spot that'll probably never get activated on game day so that benefits Janis making the roster

-palmer & mulumba gave me issues as well... i think either could stick, but with the looks that peppers could get on the outside & also what bradford is capable of I think that made both palmer & mulumba expendable (since neither of them lit it up last year either)

-TE gave me a problem too... i really like Taylor on ST's (& so do the packers) but i think they have to make room for Rodgers after overspending a 3rd on him...

- i gave goodson a roster spot but he could be a PS candidate as well (maybe they hold onto Banjo instead)

- & we all know that atleast 1 UDFA will exceed expectation & probably make the team so thats something to think about as well


I think Janis goes on the PS - I've never seen Thompson be one to keep a guy simply for potential. All players have a role and unless Janis can compete for something on Special Teams, he will be a PS-er.


Nick McDonald, terrell Manning, McMillan, Finley (in 2008), Palmer, Barrington---players are kept for potential all the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackers_08


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 8639
Location: Edina, MN
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: 53-man Roster predictions Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
Nick McDonald, terrell Manning, McMillan, Finley (in 2008), Palmer, Barrington---players are kept for potential all the time.


They had roles on Special Teams. They weren't solely for potential (maybe Finley but he was a 3rd rounder). Janis won't stick unless he can be multi-dimensional for the team. Well that or if he is just ridiculously good in camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10219
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When was Finley ever at risk of not making the team?
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group