Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread V 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
stockholder wrote:
PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE had a nice post. In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3

More meaningless garbage...
Walters scouting puts it best. Latimer was a better fit for a west Coast offense. Adams is a Safe pick to turn into a quality contributor. (DIG) Thats the thing by showing you this stat. TTs drafting. We'll also get to see Chicago's draft was better than TTs. Not to mention a ILB in christian Jones.(FA) So this is a comparison chart on the guys TT had a shot at. (To His PICKS) And where the picks ranked on a positional basis.(Drafted) 42 drafted DLs and we get a guy no one heard of. 53 Dbs taken. Just interesting the Talent and depth in the numbers. If you love TT, expect his picks to be All-pro.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing the Packers offense isn't WCO then hiuh? It never has been. under McCarthy. He isn't a WCO guy.

The draft broken down by positions drafted says nothing you claim at all. That breakdown by % would be pretty close to the breakdown of what teams carry on their roster by position, that's all. Also, a DL no one has heard of? That's just wrong. A lot of us here knew of Thorton, that just wasn't the body type we were expecting the Packers to be looking for at all.

And the Bears? Really? Their draft was at best on par with the Packers, and Christian Jones is offset by Colt Lyerla pretty easily.

Just go away. We don't need any more of your unintelligent trolling BS.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How hard is it to just ignore, guys. Come on. Rolling Eyes
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
stockholder wrote:
PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE had a nice post. In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3

Seriously?? It's the number of picks by position. Ground breaking? No, but no reason for you to post that. You've done a fine job of provoking him thus far today. This shouldn't be so difficult.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
stockholder wrote:

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3

Seriously?? It's the number of picks by position. Ground breaking? No, but no reason for you to post that. You've done a fine job of provoking him thus far today. This shouldn't be so difficult.

Ignoring doesn't work, especially with no block/ignore feature. You're right. Getting rid of total trolls shouldn't be so difficult, but since it is, we apparently need to make an issue of it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
spilltray wrote:
stockholder wrote:

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3

Ignoring doesn't work, especially with no block/ignore feature. You're right. Getting rid of total trolls shouldn't be so difficult, but since it is, we apparently need to make an issue of it.

He posted the draft numbers for each position in the draft, absolutely nothing wrong with that, didn't start posting his Adams spiel until you came in with a totally unnecessary post. Ignoring is pretty easy, and it does work.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: 2015 draft discussion Reply with quote

GBN -Picks-2015 - Top 10- Notice the teams-

Team
Player
Team
SCHOOL
1 Jacksonville Randy Gregory
DE
Nebraska
Oakland Shilique Calhoun
DE
Michigan State
Minnesota
Malcolm Brown
DT
Texas
Houston
Bryce Petty
QB
Baylor
5 Washington
Jordan Jenkins OLB Georgia
Cleveland
Amari Cooper
WR
Alabama
Tampa Bay
Jameis Winston
QB
Florida State
8 Pittsburgh
Mario Edwards
DE
Florida State
NY Jets Marcus Mariota
QB
Oregon
Tennessee
Brett Hundley
QB
UCLA
justo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckie Keeton, Utah State: 2nd
Braxton Miller, Ohio State: 2nd-3rd
Bryce Petty, Baylor: 2nd-3rd
Sean Mannion, Oregon State: 4th-5th
Anthony Boone, Duke: 6th-FA
Taylor Kelly, Arizona State: FA
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

You've got some explaining to do. He's a RB who happens to throw the ball decently.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:

You've got some explaining to do. He's a RB who happens to throw the ball decently.
Disagree. I actually don't think he's too special as a running back. He doesn't really have any moves. Indiana/Michigan/Michigan State/Clemson to end the year was a great stretch for him. Hoping that's what we see in 2014. Some dudes around Whitfield say Braxton's going to blow up in 2014, too. We'll see, but Braxton clearly has tools that are coveted in the NFL, and I doubt he gets converted. I also was probably the highest dude on Logan Thomas mid-season last year in the "media", too, so maybe I'm just one to fall in love with flashy things. Braxton Miller's mid range (11-19 yard) efficiency is really good, too, for that that's worth, but there's a counterpoint that some would say that's on Urban. Braxton's receivers were crap, too. I forget which game it was, but I had down twice as many on target passes as he had completions in the box score. Means the targets were dropping half of the balls that came at them.

I should have had Petty ranked above Miller, though.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Disagree. I actually don't think he's too special as a running back. He doesn't really have any moves. Indiana/Michigan/Michigan State/Clemson to end the year was a great stretch for him. Hoping that's what we see in 2014. Some dudes around Whitfield say Braxton's going to blow up in 2014, too. We'll see, but Braxton clearly has tools that are coveted in the NFL, and I doubt he gets converted. I also was probably the highest dude on Logan Thomas mid-season last year in the "media", too, so maybe I'm just one to fall in love with flashy things. Braxton Miller's mid range (11-19 yard) efficiency is really good, too, for that that's worth, but there's a counterpoint that some would say that's on Urban. Braxton's receivers were crap, too. I forget which game it was, but I had down twice as many on target passes as he had completions in the box score. Means the targets were dropping half of the balls that came at them.

Not sure how you can be so high on someone who throws majority of their passes from outside the pocket. Seriously, I watched him against Wisconsin last year and was amazed how many times he ran out of the pocket despite no pressure on him. That's not going to work on the NFL, especially when DC will bring their OLB on a blitz that will light him up. He's got no experience (or virtually none) under center, and Meyer's scheme isn't exactly what I'd call a pro system by any means. He's got a funky release to go with it. He's borderline draftable as a QB, leaning towards not draftable. The guy's a better athlete than a QB.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with cwood on this one. No thanks on B. Miller.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
justo wrote:

Not sure how you can be so high on someone who throws majority of their passes from outside the pocket. Seriously, I watched him against Wisconsin last year and was amazed how many times he ran out of the pocket despite no pressure on him. That's not going to work on the NFL, especially when DC will bring their OLB on a blitz that will light him up. He's got no experience (or virtually none) under center, and Meyer's scheme isn't exactly what I'd call a pro system by any means. He's got a funky release to go with it. He's borderline draftable as a QB, leaning towards not draftable. The guy's a better athlete than a QB.

Why is throwing from outside of the pocket a bad thing? There's really only like two guys recently who have found major success without being able to move around (Brady and Manning). Outside of that, a majority of the good quarterbacks in the league make some plays on the move.

FWIW

justo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Vic Beasley probably would have gone #5 or #6 if he would have declared. He's so good.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Why is throwing from outside of the pocket a bad thing? There's really only like two guys recently who have found major success without being able to move around (Brady and Manning). Outside of that, a majority of the good quarterbacks in the league make some plays on the move.

Sure you want a QB that CAN get out of the pocket but those sort of happy feet that do it if they have to or not is the problem. Miller just can't sit in the pocket very well at all, even if it's clean. He has no pocket presence, sloppy footwork, no experience reading a defense, and no experience under center. Athletically, sure maybe he has alot of things you want, but, unless you feel like developing a MAJOR project, I just can't see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 6 of 42

Jump to: