Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2015 NFL Draft Discussion Thread V 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
11 game Taylor Kelly passing chart.

I'm done with this Taylor Kelly life. Is Christian Hackenberg going to be good?

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
justo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:

I talked to a dude who works for a team that called him Christian Gabbertberg once. Take that for what it's worth. Seems like the Connor Cook wagon is getting a lot of steam recently.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
justo wrote:

I talked to a dude who works for a team that called him Christian Gabbertberg once. Take that for what it's worth. Seems like the Connor Cook wagon is getting a lot of steam recently.
There is a few every year that I just don't know about. Hackenberg is one of them right now. Since Green Bay doesn't need a franchise guy, I more or less peek at QB's from a distance and see if they "check the boxes". Seems like when I listen to the media I get worse. 2011 I had Newton and Kaepernick as my top 2 quarterbacks and insisted the Dolphins draft CK at 15. 2012 I had Luck/RGIII/Tannehill pretty close, I had a big whiff on Wilson though. 13 was a dumpster fire. 14 I couldn't figure out Bortles or Carr, really liked Bridgewater and was all over the place with Jon Football. Probably the most baffling year of QB's I had seen. Right now, I been on this Mariota wagon since the 1st/2nd time I saw him play.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariota's a run away #1 pick. I bet he goes to the combine and runs a 4.4 40. Dude's fast and he's got an arm. If he slides down the board and I'm TT, I pick him and groom him behind Aaron. He's more mobile than Rodgers is and Rodgers can beat you with his feet. Mariota will probably need some work in the passing game moving to the pro-level, but if he's there when we pick, we have to take him despite any immediate need we have. I'd like to think Aaron could play well into the 2020's, but I would still take Mariota and let him sit a couple years before starting him in the event Aaron were to retire.
Nick_gb

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor1124 wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
Landon Collins

Guy is awesome. If Burnett doesn't preform next year, we should look at other options. Collins is all over the field. Would love to pair him back up with HaHa. Sadly, we probably won't be picking high enough to select him.

Not a chance in hell he'll be on the board when we pick but if he is despite MB back there with Haha you take him. No doubt about it you take him. Absolutely love the kid. I'd even consider a serious trade up for him to be honest. He would probably be the best DB we've had since King Charles. He's exactly what the doctor ordered. If you can land him & an ILB with your 1st 2 selections. Look out.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen 30 games of Chuckie Keeton, Bryce Petty, Sean Mannion, and Taylor Kelly at this point.

Keeton is better than most assume. He's kinda like Brett Smith in the way that he's not pretty mechanically, but it doesn't really matter functionally. If he wasn't hurt, he'd be a second rounder, IMO. I still think on "film" he's the best QB in the class that I've seen, but a Q about his size/frame with an injury already there. Knees bend awkward which almost begs for a knee injury (think Mettenberger).

Petty is pretty much the definition of system QB. Can't really tell how great he is outside of the system, but his tools aren't great, but they aren't bad either. I think that's probably a late day two type of guy, but everyone thinks he's some first round lock.

Sean Mannion makes some dumb throws. I wonder how that O looks without Cooks next season. NFL.com said he got a third from the advisory committee. If he goes that high, IMO, it's because people get caught up in the buzzwords. Tall, four year starter, big arm, pro-style. I think he's more of a fourth round type of guy, maybe fifth.

Taylor Kelly is an odd one to me. He's all over NFL.com, NFLDS, etc., but this dude really is just a college distributor with no plus skill set outside of his feet, IMO. I think if he has a good SR year, he's still around Connor Shaw's level, and he didn't get drafted.

Keeton-2nd
Petty-2nd/3rd
Mannion-4th/5th
Kelly-PFA
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incoming homer post! Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nQfFhqU8AU

ok, carry on!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of hype for this DL/EDGE class. I am going to.try to do extensive work on this class. Started with PSU vs Nebraska, and Donovan Smith said "or nah" to Randy Gregory. Smith ate his lunch! Then I watched Baylor vs ISU, and a lot of us saw this last year, but Shawn Oakman flashes both in the run game and as a pass rusher. He has a violent punch, he absolutely leveled ISU's LT with quick punch right in on his chest Laughing

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Average at best
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Lot of hype for this DL/EDGE class. I am going to.try to do extensive work on this class. Started with PSU vs Nebraska, and Donovan Smith said "or nah" to Randy Gregory. Smith ate his lunch! Then I watched Baylor vs ISU, and a lot of us saw this last year, but Shawn Oakman flashes both in the run game and as a pass rusher. He has a violent punch, he absolutely leveled ISU's LT with quick punch right in on his chest Laughing

As an ISU alum, never take opponents game tapes against us seriously. We're a basketball school and we've never had a good history in football simply because of Nile Kinnick and all those other Hawkeye greats. Plus, Iowa has waaaaay more money than we do and we all know how that factors into recruiting and whathaveyou. I always laugh if we beat them in football because it's not only a litmus test for their season, but they're supposed to be our rival which is an absolute joke seeings how half of the ISU students are Hawkeye fans.....BUT ONLY FOR FOOTBALL!!! *wank*
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
Mariota's a run away #1 pick. I bet he goes to the combine and runs a 4.4 40. Dude's fast and he's got an arm. If he slides down the board and I'm TT, I pick him and groom him behind Aaron. He's more mobile than Rodgers is and Rodgers can beat you with his feet. Mariota will probably need some work in the passing game moving to the pro-level, but if he's there when we pick, we have to take him despite any immediate need we have. I'd like to think Aaron could play well into the 2020's, but I would still take Mariota and let him sit a couple years before starting him in the event Aaron were to retire.

I'm not a fan. Rodgers will be 31 after next season. Mariota's rookie deal would end when Rodgers is 36, IF we pick up his option. Considering the longevity of QBs, it seems a little silly to think he'll be done around then.

Draft develop and trade though...not as bad a thought. If anything I'd be looking for a talented player who drops because of SOME concern into the mid rounds, like the Patriots did with Mallet. We don't waste as valuable a resource and we can still prepare for an "Oh God no please no why noooo" scenario.

ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta be freaking kidding me with some of the names possibly in the draft next year.

Ralph David Abernathy IV
Dreamius Smith
MyCole Pruitt
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Detrick Bonner
Jaquiski Tartt
Robenson Therezie
Sharrod Golightly
John Lowdermilk
Caleb Shaffitzel
Norkeithus Otis
Thruston Armbrister
Chi Chi Arigusto
Xzavier Dickson
Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil

My favorite, sounding straight out of Key and Peele, Deterrian Shackleford.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think that TT will trade up to ensure we have Deterrian and Norkeithus on our team. Do it the Madden draft way, Ted!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
berndt_toast

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
You gotta be freaking kidding me with some of the names possibly in the draft next year.

Ralph David Abernathy IV
Dreamius Smith
MyCole Pruitt
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Detrick Bonner
Jaquiski Tartt
Robenson Therezie
Sharrod Golightly
John Lowdermilk
Caleb Shaffitzel
Norkeithus Otis
Thruston Armbrister
Chi Chi Arigusto
Xzavier Dickson
Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil

My favorite, sounding straight out of Key and Peele, Deterrian Shackleford.

What about L'Carpetron Dookmarriot?

Thanks to PB87 on the sweet sig

And there is your DAGGER!
-Wayne Larrivee
stockholder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE had a nice post. In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Draft Discussion Reply with quote

stockholder wrote:
PIGSKIN PAUL'S PAGE had a nice post. In case you’ve had trouble finding some Draft detail, here’s some info and opinions to consider.

Pick count by position:

QB 14
RB 23
WR 32
TE 9
OL 46
DL 42
LB 34
DB 53
ST 3

More meaningless garbage...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: