You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: The Barksdales at the Factory of Sadness
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lamest AFC North putdown
Ratbirds
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Clowns
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Squealers
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Bungles
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author Message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 34379
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Week 3: The Barksdales at the Factory of Sadness Reply with quote

Baltimore Inferiority Complex (1-1)

@

Cleveland Martyr Complex (1-1)


It's a battle of the offseason's best shameless denial modes!

"We haven't even seen the full tape yet; maybe Ray Rice was attacked first and this was all self-defense!"

vs.

"We don't REALLY KNOW whether Josh Gordon has even smoked weed since entering the league!"

Verdict: It's going to be hard to outdo the people who saw a still shot of an NFL running back dragging his unconscious girlfriend out of an elevator and still pleaded plausible deniability... Baltimore wins (loses?). Silly Cleveland, can't even win at being outrageous homers.

Random trivia: The Ravens were once the Browns, until Art Modell moved the team 20 years ago. I'm sure none of you know that, because Browns fans don't randomly yell at Ravens fans about it as if we were personally responsible every chance they get.

Key Players:



Joe Flacco is a 7-year veteran, has put together one of the greatest postseason runs in NFL history, is a former Super Bowl MVP, and will retire with every major Ravens passing record... and yet no one can really say with 100% confidence that he's actually a good quarterback. Truly a unique specimen.

vs.



Extra denialism points goes to any Cleveland fan who insists that Johnny Football could have been doing ANYTHING with that rolled up dollar bill in the bathroom of a club.

Other key guys



Steve Smith Sr. - How is it that he's only joining us now? The guy just FEELS like a Raven.



Yeah that's all I got.
_________________


Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 48868
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh i got one- he clearly was rolling up the dollar bill to prove to the dude next to him its impossible to rip up a rolled up dollar bill
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28488
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA this is an awesome start. Bravo!
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
ooh i got one- he clearly was rolling up the dollar bill to prove to the dude next to him its impossible to rip up a rolled up dollar bill


Justin Tucker can do it with one hand tied behind his back.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Week 3: The Barksdales at the Factory of Sadness Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:



Extra denialism points goes to any Cleveland fan who insists that Johnny Football could have been doing ANYTHING with that rolled up dollar bill in the bathroom of a club.


Wow just wow. Rolling Eyes Come on! This picture was taken when he was packing to go back to Cleveland. Everybody knows the most efficient way to pack is by rolling up your clothes. You can get more clothes in your suitcase by this method. Also everyone knows when you go on a trip you always end up with more crap then you started with. Manziel realized this, but took it too far by rolling his wads of cash.
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW love the poll Laughing
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Week 3: The Barksdales at the Factory of Sadness Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:



Extra denialism points goes to any Cleveland fan who insists that Johnny Football could have been doing ANYTHING with that rolled up dollar bill in the bathroom of a club.


Wow just wow. Rolling Eyes Come on! This picture was taken when he was packing to go back to Cleveland. Everybody knows the most efficient way to pack is by rolling up your clothes. You can get more clothes in your suitcase by this method. Also everyone knows when you go on a trip you always end up with more crap then you started with. Manziel realized this, but took it too far by rolling his wads of cash.


That's true. Rolled up money takes up less space in a suitcase. And Johnny is saving so he can join in with the AFC North QB Games:

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/joe-flacco-gets-a-friend/

As for the lamest nickname, I have to go with "ratbirds" because it's so pettily vindictive and sad. The other three almost have a degree of affection to them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16859
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice and simple GDT. I like it BTerp.

As for the game, who'd of thought the Cleveland Browns were capable of having one of the best defenses in the division? Truly an odd sight.

Going to be an interesting game, but I got my money on Joe Money and Steve Senior putting in work on Justin Gilbert all day long.
_________________


bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Haha, nice and simple GDT. I like it BTerp.

As for the game, who'd of thought the Cleveland Browns were capable of having one of the best defenses in the division? Truly an odd sight.

Going to be an interesting game, but I got my money on Joe Money and Steve Senior putting in work on Justin Gilbert all day long.


Well, the defense hasn't really shown up yet to be honest. We are giving up a lot of yards per rush. Offense hasn't really shown up either, just spurts. Still, we have been competitive so hopefully we can continue that until we gel...or implode.

Fun fact: the Ravens used to be the Browns til they were stolen from us!

I can't blame the fans because they don't know how it feels when something like that happens.

...Oh wait
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 49882
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Browns game, another Ravens beat down of the Browns. Going to probably be another boring CLE/BAL game but in the end we'll dominate like we usually do against them.
_________________
#FireDeanPees...and Chris Hewitt....and Matt Weiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens 30
Browns 16

Joe: 23/38, 314 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Pierce: 14 rushes, 78 yards, TD
Steve Smith: 7 catches, 89 yards, TD
Torrey: 3 catches, 68 yards
Pitta: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD
Daniels: 4 catches, 28 yards

Jimmy Smith: 1 INT
Brandon Williams: 1 sack
Dumervil: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sack
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 10214
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Ravens 30
Browns 16

Joe: 23/38, 314 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Pierce: 14 rushes, 78 yards, TD
Steve Smith: 7 catches, 89 yards, TD
Torrey: 3 catches, 68 yards
Pitta: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD
Daniels: 4 catches, 28 yards

Jimmy Smith: 1 INT
Brandon Williams: 1 sack
Dumervil: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sack


Is that another missed extra point?
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16859
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Ravens 30
Browns 16

Joe: 23/38, 314 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Pierce: 14 rushes, 78 yards, TD
Steve Smith: 7 catches, 89 yards, TD
Torrey: 3 catches, 68 yards
Pitta: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD
Daniels: 4 catches, 28 yards

Jimmy Smith: 1 INT
Brandon Williams: 1 sack
Dumervil: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sack


Is that another missed extra point?


1 touchdown + 1 extra point + 3 field goals = X

Solve for x.

3 touchdowns + 3 extra points + 3 field goals = y.

Solve for y.
_________________


bananabucket wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
For years the argument has been, mostly, Peyton V Joe V Brady as the GOAT QB.

Flacco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Ravens 30
Browns 16

Joe: 23/38, 314 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Pierce: 14 rushes, 78 yards, TD
Steve Smith: 7 catches, 89 yards, TD
Torrey: 3 catches, 68 yards
Pitta: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD
Daniels: 4 catches, 28 yards

Jimmy Smith: 1 INT
Brandon Williams: 1 sack
Dumervil: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sack


Rebuttal:

Hoyer: 16-29 197 yards 2 TD 0 INT
West: 19 carries, 93 yards
Crowell: 9 carries, 41 yards TD

Haden: 1 INT
Gilbert 1 INT (TD)
Gipson 1 INT

Browns 31-Ravens 30.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Ravens 30
Browns 16

Joe: 23/38, 314 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Pierce: 14 rushes, 78 yards, TD
Steve Smith: 7 catches, 89 yards, TD
Torrey: 3 catches, 68 yards
Pitta: 5 catches, 54 yards, TD
Daniels: 4 catches, 28 yards

Jimmy Smith: 1 INT
Brandon Williams: 1 sack
Dumervil: 1.5 sacks
Upshaw: .5 sack


Is that another missed extra point?


1 touchdown + 1 extra point + 3 field goals = X

Solve for x.

3 touchdowns + 3 extra points + 3 field goals = y.

Solve for y.


I was thinking 8 safeties
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group