Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select Trey Millard, FB- Round 7, Pick 245
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Forge wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9er will be happy when we inevitably line up with Bruce and Trey in the same backfield... on first and second downs.

With VD / McDonald / Carrier (or Celek) on the line?

Laughing

And Tukuafu. And Justin.

You're turning Greg Roman on

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say goodbye to Cellek. Also nice to see he is use to playing FB in a pistol offense.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/trey-millard-vs-texas-tech-2013/

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9er will be happy when we inevitably line up with Bruce and Trey in the same backfield... on first and second downs.

That's funny. I just came to this thread thinking I would catch up and then post how much I'm looking forward to a 3-TE, 2-FB formation.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

That's funny. I just came to this thread thinking I would catch up and then post how much I'm looking forward to a 3-TE, 2-FB formation.

You were my second thought when I saw the pick, buddy. Wink

First was chrissooner, and how he's finally getting one of his boys on the team.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

First was chrissooner, and how he's finally getting one of his boys on the team.

Oh yeah! Guys, this guy can play. Sooners used him at FB and TE, basically. He is similar to Delanie Walker with better hands. He already has experience with the wham block. He should get some respect if they actually line him up wide...unlike Miller. I have seen him hurdle defenders at least twice... This was the Sooner I wanted most on the 9ers.

The 3 TE, 2 FB formation sounds fun! Laughing

BOOMER!
big9erfan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Oh yeah! Guys, this guy can play. Sooners used him at FB and TE, basically. He is similar to Delanie Walker with better hands. He already has experience with the wham block. He should get some respect if they actually line him up wide...unlike Miller. I have seen him hurdle defenders at least twice... This was the Sooner I wanted most on the 9ers.

The 3 TE, 2 FB formation sounds fun! Laughing

BOOMER!

We like to move guys around some from where they played in college. Maybe we give him a try as TE. Would way rather see him out there instead of Celek.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millard should be able to displace Celek when he is fully healthy.

TE would be just fine. Just saying he can do both. His blocking is good, running is good but I think he hands are the best part of what they are calling our Swiss Army Knife (I had no idea this kid could Longsnap...).

SOONER!
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Millard should be able to displace Celek when he is fully healthy.

TE would be just fine. Just saying he can do both. His blocking is good, running is good but I think he hands are the best part of what they are calling our Swiss Army Knife (I had no idea this kid could Longsnap...).

SOONER!

Millard also brings donuts to the meetings.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
WorldChampsHawk

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does he have the size and hands to be used as Delanie Walker even though walker didnt have the best hands?
Psychlone

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
does he have the size and hands to be used as Delanie Walker even though walker didn't have the best hands?
I believe yes and yes to your question. Walker was definitely faster coming out though. And if you recall with Walker, he came in as a WR with decent hands (not a plucker) that was a liability in blocking and ended up with suspect hands that was an animal as a blocker. Go figure... Millard I see as a jack of all trades but a master of none.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
WorldChampsHawk wrote:
does he have the size and hands to be used as Delanie Walker even though walker didn't have the best hands?
I believe yes and yes to your question. Walker was definitely faster coming out though. And if you recall with Walker, he came in as a WR with decent hands (not a plucker) that was a liability in blocking and ended up with suspect hands that was an animal as a blocker. Go figure... Millard I see as a jack of all trades but a master of none.

That's good. With that we wont be as bad IF(Bif If) Vance McDonald becomes a bust. Is Millard's injury that bad that he might have to redshirt his rookie year?
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
Psychlone wrote:
WorldChampsHawk wrote:

That's good. With that we wont be as bad IF(Bif If) Vance McDonald becomes a bust. Is Millard's injury that bad that he might have to redshirt his rookie year?

Some seem to believe that is the case. However, he did begin running back in February.
Why are so many down on Vance? I think he will be very good at the least. He is already a good blocker and now he will know the O and the route he is to run. Hopefully, Kaep will build trust in him because this guy can take a short pass and turn it into a long gain. Yes, he did drop a few passes, but, like others, he was ignored when he did go out for a pass and was open so a pass could be forced elsewhere. Confused
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no need to lose trust in Vance just yet. Since we don't throw the ball all that much and have a lot of weapons, I wouldn't expect him to have great numbers or anything. If Kap wants to improve his completion percentage and YPA, start involving McDonald in the intermediate game. Of course, more check downs to the RBs, but McDonald could be a factor in our offense.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, no need to lose trust in Vance just yet. Since we don't throw the ball all that much and have a lot of weapons, I wouldn't expect him to have great numbers or anything. If Kap wants to improve his completion percentage and YPA, start involving McDonald in the intermediate game. Of course, more check downs to the RBs, but McDonald could be a factor in our offense.

The ironic thing is that I think that if he used the short game more, he would actually be even more successful in his mid to long range game. Right now we really make it too easy on defenses. We need more variety and more ways to attack, and Kap needs to be willing to take what a D gives him. If they give him the short pass then take it, and keep taking it until you force them to adjust, then burn them deep.

Just watch that final interception. Patton was wide open on the other side. I mean there wasn't a guy wthing several yards of him. That's because the db on that side back pedalled like crazy as soon as the ball was snapped because he knows that our tendency in situations like that is to throw to the endzone, even against good coverage rather than take the underneath "gimme". If we take that play every time they give it to us then he's not going to back pedal as fast as he can at the snap, and then maybe next time it will be easier to beat him deep to the corner of the endzone.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The ironic thing is that I think that if he used the short game more, he would actually be even more successful in his mid to long range game. Right now we really make it too easy on defenses. We need more variety and more ways to attack, and Kap needs to be willing to take what a D gives him. If they give him the short pass then take it, and keep taking it until you force them to adjust, then burn them deep.

Just watch that final interception. Patton was wide open on the other side. I mean there wasn't a guy wthing several yards of him. That's because the db on that side back pedalled like crazy as soon as the ball was snapped because he knows that our tendency in situations like that is to throw to the endzone, even against good coverage rather than take the underneath "gimme". If we take that play every time they give it to us then he's not going to back pedal as fast as he can at the snap, and then maybe next time it will be easier to beat him deep to the corner of the endzone.

So +1 on this. We need to incorporate at least the basic principles of the BWO: take what the D gives you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: