Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks 2014 Late Round Gems (5th-UDFA)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
Has Colt Lyerla signed as a UDFA yet? Cant' seem to find anything on him... I thought he'd find a home pretty quickly considering there was a dearth of talent in this draft after Amaro, ASJ and Ebron.
Idk if he signed, but the dude has so much baggage, teams don't even want to take the chance. He got limited snaps because of his work ethic, then got kicked off of Oregon for doing coke. Wouldn't want to even bring him in with those two.

EDIT: He quit on Oregon, a national title contender in the early season.

Do not want on a team that has a chance to repeat.

Kempes

#JDI
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
I'm not expecting Small to be on the 53 either, just trying to imagine what the outcome would be if that happened.

Also - Silus: Neither Pyror nor Jackson are PS eligibile. If we carry 3 QBs, it'll have to be he final squad even if the 3rd stringer doesn't always dress.

Have you seen him lead block? The dude has a very legit shot at making this team. And when the ball is in his hands he does not go down. It takes 2-3 guys to bring him down. I think this is our starting FB. Coleman or Ware will be Practice squad and bowling ball small will bring our run game to another level. Think Mike Rob with more pancakes.

That came out wrong - I didn't mean I wasn't expecting him to make the 53 like I didn't think it would happen. Unlike some people - I reserve judgement until they actually get a chance to practice and play in a game. Small as just as good of a chance of making the roster as anybody else on this team. It depends on how hard he works. I think he has a pretty good chance to make the team but it won't be easy. Ware offers less as a blocker but seems like he offers more as a runner (versatility). Coleman is one of my favourite players and he won't let Small take the job without a fight. Small has a similar build to Mike Tolbert - less of a runner more of a blocker than Tolbert. It'll be an interesting storyline throughout camp.

hawkman98272 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Has Colt Lyerla signed as a UDFA yet? Cant' seem to find anything on him... I thought he'd find a home pretty quickly considering there was a dearth of talent in this draft after Amaro, ASJ and Ebron.
Idk if he signed, but the dude has so much baggage, teams don't even want to take the chance. He got limited snaps because of his work ethic, then got kicked off of Oregon for doing coke. Wouldn't want to even bring him in with those two.

EDIT: He quit on Oregon, a national title contender in the early season.

Do not want on a team that has a chance to repeat.

I wasn't suggesting Seattle sign him but I thought one team would considering he's not short on talent and that usually trumps character for a while.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SoS

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'd say his vision as a blocker might be one of, if not the, best parts of game. It just comes natural to him, he finds a player to take out of the picture on EVERY run play I've seen on his tape. He'll have to improve in pass pro, but that makes him no different than 85% of RBs entering the league and it's not liked it's something that M-Rob or Coleman excel at tbh. It's kind of sad, but aside from the Britt addition and maybe JR sweezy, he punches defenders at the LOS as well as any of our lineman Laughing

Completely agree. He plays with more tenacity than Coleman and I love that out of a FB. He is looking to lay hat on every play. It's fine if others want to say otherwise, but I'm predicting Small makes the 53, Ware hits the PS, and Coleman is cut.
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
I'd say his vision as a blocker might be one of, if not the, best parts of game. It just comes natural to him, he finds a player to take out of the picture on EVERY run play I've seen on his tape. He'll have to improve in pass pro, but that makes him no different than 85% of RBs entering the league and it's not liked it's something that M-Rob or Coleman excel at tbh. It's kind of sad, but aside from the Britt addition and maybe JR sweezy, he punches defenders at the LOS as well as any of our lineman Laughing

Completely agree. He plays with more tenacity than Coleman and I love that out of a FB. He is looking to lay hat on every play. It's fine if others want to say otherwise, but I'm predicting Small makes the 53, Ware hits the PS, and Coleman is cut.

I think we might just run with two RB's and keep small and coleman. Just thought, derrick is beyond solid on special teams.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

I think we might just run with two RB's and keep small and coleman. Just thought, derrick is beyond solid on special teams.

So you cut Turbin for Coleman?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

I'm not sure I like the idea of 2 FB's and 2 RB's, but Coleman isn't that far off from Turbin as a RB. It's what he played in college.

If we keep a FB/HB hybrid though I feel it should be Ware

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SoS

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

I'm not sure I like the idea of 2 FB's and 2 RB's, but Coleman isn't that far off from Turbin as a RB. It's what he played in college.

I agree that Coleman is just as good of a runner as Turbin, but I don't know if the coaches will see it that way. I may be wrong, but they seem to have some sort of infatuation with Turbin. However, I disagree that Ware is the choice at hybrid. Like you guys have been saying, Coleman brings value on special teams and a knowledge for what our offense likes to do. I used to be on the Ware bandwagon, but I don't foresee him getting the chance to make this team.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

I agree that Coleman is just as good of a runner as Turbin, but I don't know if the coaches will see it that way. I may be wrong, but they seem to have some sort of infatuation with Turbin. However, I disagree that Ware is the choice at hybrid. Like you guys have been saying, Coleman brings value on special teams and a knowledge for what our offense likes to do. I used to be on the Ware bandwagon, but I don't foresee him getting the chance to make this team.
I'm not on the Ware bandwagon, he just seems the most natural RB/FB hybrid since he's really a RB we're forcing to play FB

This year will be telling with Turbin. Last year it seemed more a case of Michael not being ready than them loving Turbin

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to come in here and say I hate you. I wanted Jeffcoat in like round 5. And you guys got him in UDFA.

That's all. Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
S Dion Bailey, USC (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
S Cam Hudson, Troy (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
LB Brock Coyle, Montana (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
DT Andru Pulu, Eastern Washington (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
DL Demonte McAllister, Florida State (rumored signed according to Field Gulls)
QB Keith Price, Washington (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
TE Chase Dixon, Central Arkansas (rumored signed according to Field Gulls)
OT Garry Gilliam, Penn State (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)

G John Martiniz, USC (rumored coming in for a tryout)
DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas (rumored coming in for a tryout)
DE Tavita Woodard, Hawaii (rumored coming in for a tryout)
OL Bronson Irwin, Oklahoma (rumored coming in for a tryout)
OL A.J. Harmon, Georgia (rumored coming in for a tryout)
DE Adham Talaat, Gallaudet (rumored coming in for a tryout)
QB Zach Zulli, Shippensburg (accepted invitation to minicamp)

FS Michael Dobson, East Carolina (unconfirmed/rumored coming in for a tryout)
CB Jimmy Legree, South Carolina (unconfirmed)
ILB Chris Young, Arizona State (unconfirmed)
FS John Ojo, Florida A&M (unconfirmed)

Just C&P from another site. Some of these guys are intriguing. Also saw something about Dillon Baxter, a former top RB recruit that went to USC as a freshman the year Pete left for Seattle. Don't know much about him though. Did look shifty on the videos I saw of him.

My ex, she cheated on me with this guy Mad Still currently talks to him.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

I'm not on the Ware bandwagon, he just seems the most natural RB/FB hybrid since he's really a RB we're forcing to play FB

This year will be telling with Turbin. Last year it seemed more a case of Michael not being ready than them loving Turbin

I agree. Coleman is too good on special teams and he was probably kept as a FB due to Mike Rob's illness than anything else.
imani

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

Yes

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:
imani wrote:

Yes

I'd be all for it, you'll never mistake me for a Turbin fan, I just don't know if our FO is thinking that way. Perhaps I've misjudged the situation, but I feel like they really like Turbin for whatever reason.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
DT Andru Pulu, Eastern Washington (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
QB Keith Price, Washington (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)
OT Garry Gilliam, Penn State (rumored signed according to SB Nation and Field Gulls)

Just C&P from another site. Some of these guys are intriguing. Also saw something about Dillon Baxter, a former top RB recruit that went to USC as a freshman the year Pete left for Seattle. Don't know much about him though. Did look shifty on the videos I saw of him.

Good lookin dude.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:

Good lookin dude.

Meh, I guess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: