Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5th Round, #148, Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
Clowney covering a WR in space? That's ridiculous! Would love to see that? Ban me for what? Not liking a CB in the draft? I like the 1st round pick and he's going to be a beast! That's why you heard nothing!

So a 4.6 is way too slow for a corner, but perfectly fine for a receiver? Think

For a WR that is 6-5 240 lbs? YES! For a CB that is 5-11 195 lbs., absolutely not!
atown703

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
Clowney covering a WR in space? That's ridiculous! Would love to see that? Ban me for what? Not liking a CB in the draft? I like the 1st round pick and he's going to be a beast! That's why you heard nothing!

For a WR that is 6-5 240 lbs? YES! For a CB that is 5-11 195 lbs., absolutely not!
Yeah the only person that even compares to KB in the NFL is Calvin Johnson on measureables. Calvin ran a 4.35 at his combine but he is a rare freak athlete. I can see KB playing as a Brandon Marshall type WR. I'm looking forward to watching him on the field

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atown703 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

Yeah the only person that even compares to KB in the NFL is Calvin Johnson on measureables. Calvin ran a 4.35 at his combine but he is a rare freak athlete. I can see KB playing as a Brandon Marshall type WR. I'm looking forward to watching him on the field

Me too man! Im a Florida State guy, so I wanna see the kid succeed!
haggis

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TROJANPANTHER wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
bum! No competition in the Mountain west or whatever weak [inappropriate/removed] conference he played in and he didn't dominate AND ran a 4.63??? Clowney has 70lbs on this kid and ran faster! Rolling Eyes BUM! Luckily for him we have a devastating pass rush that can make other bums like Munnerlyn look good!

Truly insightful.

It is insightful...and true
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
TROJANPANTHER wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
bum! No competition in the Mountain west or whatever weak [inappropriate/removed] conference he played in and he didn't dominate AND ran a 4.63??? Clowney has 70lbs on this kid and ran faster! Rolling Eyes BUM! Luckily for him we have a devastating pass rush that can make other bums like Munnerlyn look good!

Truly insightful.

It is insightful...and true

40 times aren't everything. Everyone is so concerned about how we gave up such a steep price to move up and get our guy. I mean, think of how warm that body could have been at #225. He might have even made the practice squad!

However, you've got a point. We rush 4-5 on most plays, usually no more. That allows our corners to play zone and make plays on the ball. Look at a guy like Josh Norman. Potentially the most talented CB on this roster, but he clearly doesn't buy into the scheme. Talent means nothing if the guys aren't disciplined enough to do the job that is asked of them.

You draft your guys that fit your scheme and I think that he fits it well. An adequately sized zone corner with great leaping ability, can play outside or in the slot, and he's an impact special teamer. Seem like good traits for a 5th round pick.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently he played WR heading into high school but could never crack the starting rotation so he switched to WR. the WRs who were on his team in high school?

robert woods
marqise lee
paul richardson

dang

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
apparently he played WR heading into high school but could never crack the starting rotation so he switched to WR. the WRs who were on his team in high school?

robert woods
marqise lee
paul richardson

dang

doesn't sound like that big of a transition. Laughing

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: