Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 4. 128 overall. Tre Boston - S UNC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Round 4. 128 overall. Tre Boston - S UNC Reply with quote

Thoughts? He has some sweet dreads Laughing

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar player to Godfrey, though I would have preferred Dontae Johnson, who went a couple picks later.

Decent value though, and I think he's a good fit.
boondock

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a pretty good pick though I thought we'd go more with CB than S. I think this affirms that we will move Godfrey to the nickel spot.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I think it's a pretty good pick though I thought we'd go more with CB than S. I think this affirms that we will move Godfrey to the nickel spot.

Some people had Boston pegged as a corner, so he might be getting the chance to shadow Godfrey in that slot/safety role for a year, then take it over year 2.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the player and went around where he should have, but I wouldn't expect him to do much of anything this year. Godfrey may slide to nickel and I think Boston probably will beat out Lester, but will still be behind Harper and DeCoud. So an expected BPA pick from Gettleman with the future in mind.

Boston needs some coaching up as is the case with most mid-round prospects, but I think he will eventually develop into a solid safety for us.
Zithers

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really improving our dread game between this guy and KB

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about him, he'll help our secondary but would have preferred more of cb.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see if he can play corner. We have a ton of safeties now with:

Decoud
Harper
Lester
Godfrey
Jones

If anything our secondary will always stay fresh with a solid rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand this pick with the situation our tackle position in. So we willing to go into the season with Bell our LT & Chandler RT.....Omg recipe for disaster.
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, not thrilled about this at all. There were a lot of players with higher ceilings on the board and more ability to immediately contribute. I understand if they don't like Telvin for his marijuana test, but I don't know how you can justify Boston as BPA over guys like Abbrederis, Tiny Richardson, or Telvin Smith.

I give it a C-

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89 06 MVP wrote:
Don't understand this pick with the situation our tackle position in. So we willing to go into the season with Bell our LT & Chandler RT.....Omg recipe for disaster.

And a rookie 4th rounder is going to be the savior? That is why your opinions are voiced on a forum and not in a draft room for a team.

NC SacKing wrote:
This isn't Madden, this isn't fantasy football, and complaining about it on the internet does NOTHING
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take it.
Wished we went with Telvin Smith.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylined8300 wrote:
89 06 MVP wrote:

And a rookie 4th rounder is going to be the savior? That is why your opinions are voiced on a forum and not in a draft room for a team.

Yeah, exactly. I'm not going to get snarky, but at this point we would be crazy to be looking for a starting tackle. Those quality day 1 starters at tackle are long gone by now. Looooong gone. Everything left is depth and developmental types. Everybody can forget about us looking for a savior at tackle at this point. That was round 1 or bust.

That said, I dont really care for the pick. Dont know much about the player, but didnt feel high on the pick. But my guess is they have a plan. And it includes a move to CB for someone. But I kinda liked the

CK on the sig
burnoutonme

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
skylined8300 wrote:
89 06 MVP wrote:

Yeah, exactly. I'm not going to get snarky, but at this point we would be crazy to be looking for a starting tackle. Those quality day 1 starters at tackle are long gone by now. Looooong gone. Everything left is depth and developmental types. Everybody can forget about us looking for a savior at tackle at this point. That was round 1 or bust.

That said, I dont really care for the pick. Dont know much about the player, but didnt feel high on the pick. But my guess is they have a plan. And it includes a move to CB for someone. But I kinda liked the

I don't really know what the plan is, but he's not a thrilling prospect, in my opinion. Projects more as a career backup, in my opinion. Not a special athlete, and has average height. He's not overly physical, does not project to a "reckless abandon" type of safety. Add to the fact that he's got questionable instincts in coverage...I'm just not impressed, and I think that Brock Vereen could run laps around him in every category as far as S/CB tweeners are concerned. But I'm posting on a forum, so it doesn't really matter.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnoutonme wrote:
I don't really know what the plan is, but he's not a thrilling prospect, in my opinion. Projects more as a career backup, in my opinion. Not a special athlete, and has average height. He's not overly physical, does not project to a "reckless abandon" type of safety. Add to the fact that he's got questionable instincts in coverage...I'm just not impressed, and I think that Brock Vereen could run laps around him in every category as far as S/CB tweeners are concerned. But I'm posting on a forum, so it doesn't really matter.
If we get a guy who is a special teamer and backup CB/S for the next 3-5 years out of a 4th round pick then we got pretty much exactly what one should expect out of a 4th round pick.

If you can get more than that, awesome and good for you for finding a late-round gem. But really, you're picking a guy you hope can contribute in any way at this point.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: