Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 123rd Pick in 2014 NFL draft, the Seahawks Select..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of a Rich man's Ben Obomanu. He looks to be average to good at everything except run blocking, where he's great.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:
I don't know if he is going to be a PS guy. During the press conference it seemed like Pete and John couldn't stop gushing over how great he is, and how he is a complete player. But time will only tell.
I'm with you. It wouldn't surprise me if Norwood had a bigger impact this year as a WR than PRich

It would me.

Quote:
He reminds me of a Rich man's Ben Obomanu. He looks to be average to good at everything except run blocking, where he's great.

I'd add that Norwood has better leaping/high-pointing ability than Obo ever displayed.
imani

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:
I don't know if he is going to be a PS guy. During the press conference it seemed like Pete and John couldn't stop gushing over how great he is, and how he is a complete player. But time will only tell.
I'm with you. It wouldn't surprise me if Norwood had a bigger impact this year as a WR than PRich

It would me.

Quote:

I'd add that Norwood has better leaping/high-pointing ability than Obo ever displayed.

Yes, he attacks the ball much better. Has more of a knack for the spectacular catch as well (than Obo). Loved his sideline dive vs Tennessee

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:

It would me.

Quote:

The only thing PRich brings to this team right now is a guy who can take the top off a team. That's nothing to down play, he's just not the polished player Baldwin is from the slot or outside, he's not the gamebreaker Percy is on bubble screens or short routes, and he's not as good at high pointing the ball as Kearse, Rice, or even Norwood are. His role here is limited until he either surpasses Baldwin or Baldwin leaves

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:

It would me.

Quote:

The only thing PRich brings to this team right now is a guy who can take the top off a team. That's nothing to down play, he's just not the polished player Baldwin is from the slot or outside, he's not the gamebreaker Percy is on bubble screens or short routes, and he's not as good at high pointing the ball as Kearse, Rice, or even Norwood are. His role here is limited until he either surpasses Baldwin or Baldwin leaves

Which also happens to be an unique attribute on this team

wwhickok wrote:

SoS

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:

It would me.

Quote:

This. I'm also not sure how you can say he's a lesser high pointing receiver than the guys you mentioned. He has a better vertical and has just as strong of hands as anyone you named. And I disagree with the assertion that he's a lesser player than Baldwin. His speed is much better, he's just as good of a route runner if not better considering how smooth he is in his breaks, and he has just as good of hands with a better knack for the circus catch.

He may not be better than the guys you named in that specific facet (and even then I'd completely disagree, but what makes him different is that he is above average in all of those facets.
C-Hawkin

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a post somewhere about Willson getting snaps in the slot. Anyone else think this means he's the "big body" wide-out we all think PC wants? Not many targets last year, but he was open & caught the ball. Route running may not be as critical if he becomes the safety valve &/or red zone primary. Just teach him to work back when RW's running for his life.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:

It would me.

Quote:

I wouldn't have listed it if it wasn't.

That's not going to be something that gets him consistent targets though. That's the point. Calling him a better route runner than Baldwin, right now, is ludicrous

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
StrawHat wrote:

It would me.

Quote:

I wouldn't have listed it if it wasn't.

That's not going to be something that gets him consistent targets though. That's the point. Calling him a better route runner than Baldwin, right now, is ludicrous

Who really get's consistent targets though? We're not really that type of offense IMO. We have a very situational offense and run with different units based on game circumstance. Only players like Baldwin and Harvin are really guaranteed to be on the majority of snaps every drive. I think the main reason we were so interested in drafting Richardson is because he'll give us a look we've never had.

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Who really get's consistent targets though? We're not really that type of offense IMO. We have a very situational offense and run with different units based on game circumstance. Only players like Baldwin and Harvin are really guaranteed to be on the majority of snaps every drive. I think the main reason we were so interested in drafting Richardson is because he'll give us a look we've never had.
That's a fair point. I'm not saying I'm not excited or interested to see what Richardson can do. My initial point was just that I think Norwood accounts for more production this year

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
That's a fair point. I'm not saying I'm not excited or interested to see what Richardson can do. My initial point was just that I think Norwood accounts for more production this year

It's a forgone conclusion that Baldwin is the best route runner on the team and maybe the division after Fitzgerald (which is really just veteran savvy). He just gets open.

I don't think it's unfair to think Norwood will produce more, I'm certainly not going to disagree. I have no idea what kind of roles these player will have until after July. Should be a fun training camp as always.

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: