Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4(121): Carl Bradford [LB; Arizona State]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skypilot

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revel8 wrote:
Skypilot wrote:
PackMan22 wrote:
Tongue-Splitter wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
While I was thrilled we filled by far our biggest need with the BPA (which is very rare), I was hoping the weakness at ILB would've been filled in some capacity, as it stands right now, Bradford is listed as an edge rusher on our depth chart.

Aw well, here's hoping to Brad Jones having a surprise year, like I said earlier, Ha Ha should help with the run support a little, though that obviously won't be his main priority.

We didn't draft an inside linebacker this year. The Packers have repeatedly stated that Bradford will play outside.

Jones was strictly an OLB when we drafted him as well.
Just saying....

Yep. There was a similar discussion last year with Micah Hyde CB/S. Given time, Barrington could very well develop into Des Bishop. Lattimore is who he is---a good ST's player, but back-up quality at ILB. Palmer and Mulumba are on notice at OLB.

IMHO it's a toss up between Barrington and Lattimore at this point. What Lattimore showed last season in game action was - very - impressive to me. He brought an intensity to the defense on every play that I didn't see from Brad Jones last season. The impact Lattimore made with his opportunities reminded me of the type of impact that Bishop made when he was first inserted into game action.

Agree. Lattimore started well then kind of faded at the end. They'll need at least two back-ups. One each for Hawk and Jones.
deathstar

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore had a good game against the Ravens. Unfortunately I can't recall much of what he did the rest of the season.
svp

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blogger Jason Perone/Jerseyal wrote:
Lattimore stepped in adequately for a stretch at inside linebacker when starter Brad Jones suffered an injury early during the 2013 season. Lattimore recorded 35 tackles and two sacks in 15 games.

He was also said to be one of the players who stepped forward and spoke to the team during halftime of the Packersí game against the Dallas Cowboys last season. Down 26-3 at the half, the Packers went on to beat the Cowboys behind backup quarterback Matt Flynn. It proved to be a vital late-season win and it helped enable the Packers to edge out the Chicago Bears for the NFC North division title.

Kampman74

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats going on with Bradford? Does anybody know if he is inside or outside or is everybody just guessing?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
So whats going on with Bradford? Does anybody know if he is inside or outside or is everybody just guessing?

McCarthy said point black he's an OLB I believe.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Is McCarthy in charge of position changes? Always wondered that..I really hope they give Bradford a shot at ILB though.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

Is McCarthy in charge of position changes? Always wondered that..I really hope they give Bradford a shot at ILB though.

I imagine a discussion had taken place and that was the overall decision, just guessing.

To test the theory though I'll probably need 50+ grand at least for equipment
justo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Brad Jones beats out Barrington, I want Bradford at ILB, but maybe that's just me. I can see why you'd want to test him at OLB, but with the depth already there, I'm not totally sure I'd fall in love with that idea.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
If Brad Jones beats out Barrington, I want Bradford at ILB, but maybe that's just me. I can see why you'd want to test him at OLB, but with the depth already there, I'm not totally sure I'd fall in love with that idea.

I see your point, just disagree. You can always find reps for good pass rushers. I'm a long ways off from looking at Bradford as anything but an edge rusher.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

I see your point, just disagree. You can always find reps for good pass rushers. I'm a long ways off from looking at Bradford as anything but an edge rusher.

Your vote of confidence gives me some hope.

What does his game look like on the edge in the pros, because I'm not seeing it?
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

What does his game look like on the edge in the pros, because I'm not seeing it?

I would agree with you in just about every fit but this one. Just look at some of the rushers we have had in Pittsburgh over the years in a clone D. His use of leverage and ability to turn speed into power will hold very true for him in the fit and his lack of length will not hold him back as much as some other fits would have. My man Harrison sure made that combo work. I just know how we felt about him and truly feel the Packers got a player there.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

I would agree with you in just about every fit but this one. Just look at some of the rushers we have had in Pittsburgh over the years in a clone D. His use of leverage and ability to turn speed into power will hold very true for him in the fit and his lack of length will not hold him back as much as some other fits would have. My man Harrison sure made that combo work. I just know how we felt about him and truly feel the Packers got a player there.

I hope you're right.

Harrison always seemed a uniquely psychotic individual to me. Maybe that's just the role he plays on TV, but he seemed like a guy that didn't have the off switch when he stepped off the field.

Wouldn't mind some of that attitude on the field though. Give a guy like Raji 10 percent of that and you'd see an all pro.
Skypilot

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't surprise me if Bradford and Barrington were the starting ILB'ers by 2016. But McCarthy is the head coach and therefore has the final say in position changes (except for Hawk and Burnett; their playing time is dictated by Thompson.) For now, let's see if he can bring some heat from the outside more consistently than first round pick, Nick Perry. Love the pick.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:

I hope you're right.

Harrison always seemed a uniquely psychotic individual to me. Maybe that's just the role he plays on TV, but he seemed like a guy that didn't have the off switch when he stepped off the field.

Wouldn't mind some of that attitude on the field though. Give a guy like Raji 10 percent of that and you'd see an all pro.

I can tell you first hand there was NOTHING fake about Harrison! Man is a bit of a folk hero around these parts because of some of the crazy things he did over the years.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Bradford and Barrington were the starting ILB'ers by 2016. But McCarthy is the head coach and therefore has the final say in position changes (except for Hawk and Burnett; their playing time is dictated by Thompson.) For now, let's see if he can bring some heat from the outside more consistently than first round pick, Nick Perry. Love the pick.

I would be fine with that as long as Bradford got his look outside first. I feel ya on Perry as well. I personally did not like the Perry pick and seen far more value there at nine-tech. That said, I seen some things with Perry last year that kinda have me excited about him heading into the season. That's a reps guy(low IQ) though. Maybe it will just take him a little longer than some others. Kids sure as hell not short on ability.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: