Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 108t Pick in 2014 NFL draft, the Seahawks Select...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: With the 108t Pick in 2014 NFL draft, the Seahawks Select... Reply with quote

Cassius Marsh, DE/OLB, UCLA

http://college2pro.com/showSingleArticle.php?id=429&page=browseArticles&category=All%20Star%20Games

Quote:
Strengths
Outstanding effort and field energy. Good pursuit production -- flattens and chases. Plays past the whistle and keeps working to come free. Sacrifices his body around piles. Flushes production to teammates. Flashes strength and power on the edge. Uses his hands well to control and shed blockers. Emotional leader who plays with intensity. Tough and durable. Has NFL pedigree (father and brother). Versatile and can line up inside and outside. Has contributed as a tight end.
Weaknesses
Lacks ideal foot speed to outquick left tackles. Could stand to improve weight-room strength and functional core strength. Is tightly wound and will rise out of his stance and play tall. Can be overly emotional, lose focus and play undisciplined (too many errors). Will require a strong positional coach.
Draft Projection
Rounds 4-5
Bottom Line
Very active, high-motor, steady, consistent producer. Lacks ideal bulk for the inside and speed to work the edges, but can set the edge and bring value to an odd front in a LOLB role or as a Sam linebacker. Is most natural moving forward piercing gaps. Will need to be managed, needs to cut down on errors and must learn to play within the structure of the defense.

NFL.com

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like Marsh. I thought he was a late 4th but what do I know Laughing He looks fluid when I watch him

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about him but he looks like a mean motha. Shaw on NFL Net was saying not only some off field issues, but on field issues in terms of fist fights. High energy guy though and sounds like if we can help him keep his head straight, might be exactly the type of guy we add to our D.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Finchy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he's good so Mora can finally offer something positive to this team.

I read a book a week, so...
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may be a guy we try and get up to around 275 and play in a Michael Bennett type role. He looks like he has a lot of room to add muscle and I know he's kicked inside occasionally at UCLA

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy used to give Oregon problems, glad he's on our side now.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Finchy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he's gonna take Breno's spot of getting penalties for no good reason.

I read a book a week, so...
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very blah. Not the stellar athlete I was expecting at DE. He has prototype LEO size. I am not stoked but in Pete we trust.

The Seahawks generally nail this day so maybe this guy will be elite.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Very blah. Not the stellar athlete I was expecting at DE. He has prototype LEO size. I am not stoked but in Pete we trust.

I actually think we're going to try and bulk him up a little and play a Michael Bennett role

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he bulks up a bit (adds 15-20 pounds) he could be a monster Jared Allen type. He has a tremendous motor and plays through EVERY snap 100%. He also had natural quickness given his fast 3 cone time.

I love this pick. It's an A from my end. Could very well be a future star for us. Has the work ethic and makings. Seattle should be all about drafting project players at this point. They have few openings for starters, we just need to develop guys with the pedigree to become starters after we can't sign everyone lol. Avril is gone after this year and Irvin can fill that role, but eventually we'll need a guy like Marsh to step in.
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

I actually think we're going to try and bulk him up a little and play a Michael Bennett role

I would agree with this. Marsh is actually a guy I had mocked to us several times, so I'm certainly a fan of his. If be surprised if they left him at his current weight though, he plays like a 5tech.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

I would agree with this. Marsh is actually a guy I had mocked to us several times, so I'm certainly a fan of his. If be surprised if they left him at his current weight though, he plays like a 5tech.
Exactly. Like Bennett, he can play the LEO on run downs but is more of a traditional LE who just needs to add on weight. I am excited about this pick

EDIT
He came IN to college at 300 and slimmed down and has played at all sorts of weights. Reminds me more and more of Bennett

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SoS wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Exactly. Like Bennett, he can play the LEO on run downs but is more of a traditional LE who just needs to add on weight. I am excited about this pick

EDIT
He came IN to college at 300 and slimmed down and has played at all sorts of weights. Reminds me more and more of Bennett

Maybe we go after Jackson Jeffcoat as a LEO prospect???
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Maybe we go after Jackson Jeffcoat as a LEO prospect???
I like Jeffcoat, I like Chris Smith even more

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

After watching this guy a little more I want to change my blah to pretty excited to see him on the field. I guess why I was so blah because he's not the athlete I want at LEO. But He does remind me of Bennett quite a bit. Played a lot as a 3-4 DE. Or 5 tech DE. He is constantly playing tough and going hard. Extremely high motor. A lot of Barr's success is owed to Marsh pressuring from his position forcing the play towards Anthony. If we are going to use him as the strong side DE I'm very happy with this pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: