Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How soon before Bridgewater should start?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alldayap wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Zimmer: "I'm all about competition. I want the best guys to play, the guys that can do the best job. I understand there is a fine line with young quarterbacks of getting them beat up and those things but we have a very good offensive line here and we have, in my opinion, two good quarterbacks. I was watching them throw today and they were throwing the heck out of the ball today. I told them today, 'Norv and Scott are doing a great job of coaching these guys.' Teddy will play when we feel like heís ready if heís the best guy, which we hope that he will. We always want to have competition in our football team at every position. The more good football players we can get, the better off we are as a team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/66005/vikings-on-bridgewaters-starting-chances

Notice how he says only two good quarterbacks? Someone must not think too much of Ponder. Laughing

I think that his post draft presser, meaning Cassel and Ponder were the two QBs. Regardless, he has to say that. If they really thought they'd have two good QBs they wouldn't draft one early.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We knew Zimmer was going to be a brutally honest coach. But let's be real, Cassel is not a good qb either.
UpperDecker30

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
We knew Zimmer was going to be a brutally honest coach. But let's be real, Cassel is not a good qb either.

Yep, which is why I get the feeling that Bridgewater will be the starter week 1 IF they truly have an open competition.
DeadBlade89

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether he out plays Cassel or not, I believe they should just let him sit this year so he has the playbook down pat by next season.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking midseason some time. No need to rush him, but I'm really not sure he really needs time to sit either.

So happy with our draft class.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
I'm thinking midseason some time. No need to rush him, but I'm really not sure he really needs time to sit either.

I agree, I dont think Bridgewater has to sit. It might be ideal, but it isnt a necessity. The Seahawks are likely glad that Wilson was able to start from day one.

If Bridgewater has a strong grasp of the offense by week 1, he should start. Turner's offense is quite complicated, so we will see.
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
CDub wrote:

I agree, I dont think Bridgewater has to sit. It might be ideal, but it isnt a necessity. The Seahawks are likely glad that Wilson was able to start from day one.

If Bridgewater has a strong grasp of the offense by week 1, he should start. Turner's offense is quite complicated, so we will see.

That's the only reason he shouldn't start from the get go unless Cassel just beats him out (which I see as near impossible), is if he struggles to get a hold of the offense (which I don't see either).

It's not like it'd be necessarily a bad thing to not run him out there at the beginning, but like you re-iterated, i'm just not sure I see any use for it. He's a pretty pro-ready guy imo.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy may have a leg up in terms of getting the offense down. Prior to his three day visit up here, he was sent a condensed play book to study. He then was able to draw up those condensed plays on the white board.

Then, there are nuggets like this now:

Arif Hasan ‏@ArifHasanNFL 17m
Yea, so I guess Teddy just walks around Winter park grabbing random players and asking them to run plays.

Arif Hasan ‏@ArifHasanNFL 19m
Tiny on Teddy: Every time Iím in the locker room, heís in his playbook. Thatís a true testament to the kind of player he'll be in the future

Tiny on Teddy: He grabs us, the O-Lineman, and says hey, letís go on to turf before we eat lunch and letís go run some plays.

Arif Hasan ‏@ArifHasanNFL 5h
Zimmer on if he learned anything he didn't know about Teddy: Even when we're out there with rooks, he would recall whole play. Was impressed
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Teddy may have a leg up in terms of getting the offense down. Prior to his three day visit up here, he was sent a condensed play book to study. He then was able to draw up those condensed plays on the white board.

Then, there are nuggets like this now:

Arif Hasan ‏@ArifHasanNFL 17m
Yea, so I guess Teddy just walks around Winter park grabbing random players and asking them to run plays.

Tiny on Teddy: Every time Iím in the locker room, heís in his playbook. Thatís a true testament to the kind of player he'll be in the future

Tiny on Teddy: He grabs us, the O-Lineman, and says hey, letís go on to turf before we eat lunch and letís go run some plays.

Arif Hasan ‏@ArifHasanNFL 5h
Zimmer on if he learned anything he didn't know about Teddy: Even when we're out there with rooks, he would recall whole play. Was impressed

Laughing

Love that, but it honestly doesn't surprise me with him. This guy is going to be a special player, I still fail to understand how this guy fell all the way until #32.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember any stories like that about Ponder.

Sounds like Teddy is a true student of the game and sounds like a natural leader.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told NFL Media's Albert Breer in an interview that will air on Friday's edition of "NFL Total Access" that the team's first-round pick will take first-team reps on Day 1 and compete for the starting quarterback job."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000351008/article/teddy-bridgewater-will-take-firstteam-reps-at-otas

Well it looks like they're wasting no time getting Teddy involved. First-team reps on the first day of OTA's? Exclamation
CDub

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbvf168 wrote:
Quote:
"Vikings coach Mike Zimmer told NFL Media's Albert Breer in an interview that will air on Friday's edition of "NFL Total Access" that the team's first-round pick will take first-team reps on Day 1 and compete for the starting quarterback job."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000351008/article/teddy-bridgewater-will-take-firstteam-reps-at-otas

Well it looks like they're wasting no time getting Teddy involved. First-team reps on the first day of OTA's? Exclamation

Made my day. I think he takes this job and runs with it from the get go.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:

If you wait past the beginning of the season you're leaving it in Cassel's hands. Bridgewater won't get an opportunity mid season unless Cassel falters.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
I'm not worried about if he'd be ready to play day one, but I'd like him to get bigger and stronger before we throw him out there.

I havent finished reading the thread but I agree with this. I think we really do have a good man here, and he is 21 and needs some beef.
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDub wrote:
Laughing

Love that, but it honestly doesn't surprise me with him. This guy is going to be a special player, I still fail to understand how this guy fell all the way until #32.

Nor do I friend, nor do I. My brother and I were asking each other all night, we just couldn't understand why he was falling, and why it was that the coverage was treating him as "he who shall not be named". Seriously, I'm fairly certain that he wasn't mentioned as a QB prospect a team could take until the 20's on NFL network!

Don't matter now though, cause he here and he's already proven that he's going to put in the work necessary.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: