Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 99th pick, the Ravens select... Crocket Gillmore
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: With the 99th pick, the Ravens select... Crocket Gillmore Reply with quote

With the 99th pick, the Ravens select... Crocket Gillmore, TE, CSU.

NFL Combine wrote:
HEIGHT: 6'6"
ARM LENGTH: 33 3/4"
WEIGHT: 260 LBS.
HANDS: 10 3/8"

BOTTOM LINE A try-hard, developmental blocker capable of catching on as a No. 3 tight end with continued improvement in the weight room. Possesses above-average base blocking ability, hands and foot speed to carve a role.
-Nolan Nawrocki

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Fri May 09, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about this guy, can someone give me a idea of what he's like? or a video?
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A blocking TE? We knew that would happen at some point. Seems tall and can jump according to combine specs, so he may find a role in the red zone.
dcfields

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First reach. I was hoping for Jaylen Watkins, Keith McGill or Pierre Desir here. I don't think they'll be available at #134. I had Gillmore going in the late 5th/early 6th realm. He's a good player but I can't lie... I'm a little disappointed.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevenV32 wrote:
I know nothing about this guy, can someone give me a idea of what he's like? or a video?

I know next to nothing about him. Seems to be a big 6'6" target with good muscle but not a lot of bulk (very compact 260 lb). Long arms and big hands. Pretty good blocker and productive receiver from everything I've read.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
A blocking TE? We knew that would happen at some point. Seems tall and can jump according to combine specs, so he may find a role in the red zone.

Not sure he's only a blocking TE. Over 100 catches at CSU. Reading that he's considered a natural hands catcher with soft hands.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I said in my 2nd to last mock draft, had him going in the 6th round, but still...

diamondbull424 wrote:

6th Rd: Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorado State

I'm sure the Ravens would have liked to have added a TE option higher in the draft. But BPA trumps need. That said, Gillmore is no slouch. In fact, he is quite studly. Has the size, athleticism, and blocking that you look for in a quality tight end option. The Ravens have had a history recently of targeting some small school players to acquire some value talent and Gillmore fits the bill. So while his last name might remind one of a late night teen drama series, he has the first name of a war hero. Obviously we'd be getting a football player who understands how to be in touch with both his feminine and masculine sides. He's the triple threat. Lastly... and this just might be me, but he kind of favors Justin Tucker. Porque no los dos?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn Sypniewski lives again!

Kidding aside, I don't mind the Ravens taking him over the other remaining tight end prospects. This seems pretty high for him though. Like two rounds too early. There wasn't anybody on the board that I particularly wanted (Coleman might have been the closest thing to my top target) but I would have gone in another direction.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was written before the East-West shrine game.

Gillmore did extremely well in the shrine game and really looked to raise his stock.

He's a big, physical TE option. A great blocking option as well. I think he compares favorably, in this class, to Troy Niklas. Similar athleticism and playmaking talents from a pure blocking option.

Niklas is the superior player however because I think he's more physical and has superior length and catching radius.

But Gillmore gives you everything Niklas gives you and C.J. Fiedorowicz gives you.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im watching his Youtube videos. I see it. It's a scheme fit.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Nawrocki states, I think Gillmore is a guy that's going to benefit from an NFL conditioning program. The resources at CSU aren't going to be nearly as comparable as what can be supplied at the Ravens facility. Gillmore is a technician as a blocker and with increased strength in his lower frame should develop even more as both a blocker and a receiving option after the catch.

I think a pro comparison for him might be... Mercedes Lewis or Scott Chandler.

Big tights ends with some physicality. Nice blocking options. Can also make some grabs up the seam to be effective intermediate receiving threats.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gillmore had the biggest hands for tight ends at the combine. So there's that. It'll be interesting to see if he actually gets on the field as a blocker/possible red zone target next season. With Daniels only on a 1-year deal it's fine for Gillmore to sit and learn but he might already be the best blocker on the roster.

Apparently Kubiak has some thing for Colorado State players?
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Gillmore had the biggest hands for tight ends at the combine. So there's that. It'll be interesting to see if he actually gets on the field as a blocker/possible red zone target next season. With Daniels only on a 1-year deal it's fine for Gillmore to sit and learn but he might already be the best blocker on the roster.

He probably caught Ozzie's eye when CSU played 'bama this year too. I'm sure when they were scouting Mosley and/or Clinton-Dix that film helped him tremendously.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

He probably caught Ozzie's eye when CSU played 'bama this year too. I'm sure when they were scouting Mosley and/or Clinton-Dix that film helped him tremendously.

Yeah Gillmore had a really good game blocking against Adrian Hubbard. Really handled him at the POA on many occasions IIRC. That's the film I saw of him. I don't think he had any tape out at that point so I had to look at either Richburg or Kapri Bibbs Alabama tape and just study how he looked.

In terms of the gametape that I can find now...
Crockett Gillmore vs Utah St (Bobby Wagner's alma mater)
Crockett Gillmore vs San Jose St

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching his tape over again. I think I see less Mercedes Lewis. He's not quite as powerful as I recalled as a run blocker.

I see more Scott Chandler and Anthony Fasano. That said, I think he should bulk up to abotu 265-270 lbs. Add some more muscle to his frame. I don't think it should affect his athleticism much to add the bulk and it should make him a much more lethal player after the catch. He's got the technique, but with the added bulk, I think he could be a really tough player to bring down in the open field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: