Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 45th Pick in 2014 NFL draft, the Seahawks Select...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silus

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Desean Jackson was in the 160's in college
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57210&draftyear=2008&genpos=

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111677&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR

Jackson came into the league at 20 years old and I don't think he put on much more weight than his college days. Richardson is already over 20 pounds up.

Last edited by silus on Sat May 10, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
SoS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Desean Jackson was also significantly better than Paul Richardson.

I would argue Richardson's skill set is better than Jackson's. DJax was much more of a straight line guy that struggled fighting for the ball. PRich is quicker in and out of his breaks, shows better leaping ability, and was clocked at nearly the same speed at the 40. Jackson was better at getting off the LOS though.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Desean Jackson was also significantly better than Paul Richardson.
Thanks for productively adding to the conversation of his weight transitioning to the NFL. Your stifling hate for every move has really added to the joy of the draft

I guess I dont understand your logic.

So, because a unique talent such as Desean Jackson transitioned smoothly into the NFL, that applies to Richardson, and players of a similar build?

Because other than Desean Jackson, there aren't many other 160lb outside receivers in the NFL, whch suggest to me Jackson's talent level played a factor in his being able to make the transition. A level of talent Richardson doesn't possess, therefore nullifying the analogy.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Cable's going to bulk him up and plug him in at RG.

Duh.

TommyC376 on the Sig
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many folks had Richardson compared to Jackson. They are nearly identical in skillsets/athleticism.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDudeAbides wrote:
Tom Cable's going to bulk him up and plug him in at RG.

Duh.

Bwahaha.
silus

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Many folks had Richardson compared to Jackson. They are nearly identical in skillsets/athleticism.

Jackson was a dominant punt returner at every level, Richardson has one punt return in college. One. That was the most disappointing thing I read about the guy. You would think someone with his build would be doing that.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:

Eh, not quite.

Jackson is visibly faster on tape. He eats up cushion like virtually no one, showed better lateral quickness, and was significantly more dangerous after the catch. This, on top of having more consistent hands and running a more extensive route tree. Most importantly, you cant jam Jackson.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

Eh, not quite.

Jackson is visibly faster on tape. He eats up cushion like virtually no one, showed better lateral quickness, and was significantly more dangerous after the catch. This, on top of having more consistent hands and running a more extensive route tree. Most importantly, you cant jam Jackson.
Can you show me tape of Richardson getting jammed? Richardson played last year injured from what I read. He has clearly elite speed. Not great speed, elite speed

As far as referencing Jackson's weight, that's all I'm doing. Physically and positionally they're comparable. Jackson weighed in the 160's in college and put on weight in the NFL without it impact his speed or quickness. I don't care if you like the comparison as players, you have to acknowledge the similarities in terms of build. It's completely fair to look at the weight Jackson gained and how it didn't negatively affect him and assume Richardson can do the same

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

Eh, not quite.

Can't you show me tape of Richardson getting jammed? Richardson played last year injured from what I read. He has clearly elite speed. Not great speed, elite speed

No, I cant show you tape of Richardson being jammed, but he wont be playing Central Arkansas or Charleston Southern anymore. NFL players wont be overwhelmed by his speed, and they will challenge him at the LOS. Maybe he'll be up to the task, but like I said, I have trouble seeing it at the wight he was playing at last season. If he adds 20-25LBS, he'll lose explosiveness anyway.
Wee-Bey

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

Eh, not quite.

Can you show me tape of Richardson getting jammed? Richardson played last year injured from what I read. He has clearly elite speed. Not great speed, elite speed

As far as referencing Jackson's weight, that's all I'm doing. Physically and positionally they're comparable. Jackson weighed in the 160's in college and put on weight in the NFL without it impact his speed or quickness. I don't care if you like the comparison as players, you have to acknowledge the similarities in terms of build. It's completely fair to look at the weight Jackson gained and how it didn't negatively affect him and assume Richardson can do the same

I understand they have a similar builds, I just dont understand what relevance that has given that Jackson is an anomaly.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
I understand they have a similar builds, I just dont understand what relevance that has given that Jackson is an anomaly.
The anomaly isn't Jackson size. The anomaly is a guy Jackson's size actually having NFL talent. This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. The issue wasn't that Brees was an anomaly for being a good QB at 6', the issue was there not being good QB's that were 6'

Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL players wont be overwhelmed by his speed, and they will challenge him at the LOS. Maybe he'll be up to the task, but like I said, I have trouble seeing it at the wight he was playing at last season. If he adds 20-25LBS, he'll lose explosiveness anyway.
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

He put on 15 lbs from college and ran a 4.33!
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111677&draftyear=2014&genpos=WR
Either he was the fastest player in NFL history before putting on those 15 lb. or that didn't negatively impact his speed

ram29jackson wrote:
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee-Bey wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL_Announcer wrote:

Eh, not quite.

Can't you show me tape of Richardson getting jammed? Richardson played last year injured from what I read. He has clearly elite speed. Not great speed, elite speed

No, I cant show you tape of Richardson being jammed, but he wont be playing Central Arkansas or Charleston Southern anymore. NFL players wont be overwhelmed by his speed, and they will challenge him at the LOS. Maybe he'll be up to the task, but like I said, I have trouble seeing it at the wight he was playing at last season. If he adds 20-25LBS, he'll lose explosiveness anyway.
You've seen where he played right? Colorado was in the Big 12 his Freshman year. Colorado went to the Pac 12 sophomore year, sat out his junior year due to injury, played again his senior year in the Pac 12. He wasn't playing against D2 teams...

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
You've seen where he played right? Colorado was in the Big 12 his Freshman year. Colorado went to the Pac 12 sophomore year, sat out his junior year due to injury, played again his senior year in the Pac 12. He wasn't playing against D2 teams...
Exactly. Last year he had...

Oregon: 5 rec, 134 yds
Arizona: 7 rec, 132 yds, 1 TD
Cal: 11 rec, 140 yds

ram29jackson wrote:
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Wee-Bey wrote:
The anomaly isn't Jackson size. The anomaly is a guy Jackson's size actually having NFL talent. This is the Russell Wilson argument all over again. The issue wasn't that Brees was an anomaly for being a good QB at 6', the issue was there not being good QB's that were 6'

Wee-Bey wrote:
NFL players wont be overwhelmed by his speed, and they will challenge him at the LOS. Maybe he'll be up to the task, but like I said, I have trouble seeing it at the wight he was playing at last season. If he adds 20-25LBS, he'll lose explosiveness anyway.
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

He put on 15 lbs from college and ran a 4.33!
Either he was the fastest player in NFL history before putting on those 15 lb. or that didn't negatively impact his speed

I particularly liked this quote:

"Frankly: Richardson was exceptionally productive despite a lack of complementary talent on his team, getting first downs on 51 of his 83 catches and averaging 47 yards on his 10 touchdown plays last year. Yes, 47 yards, damn near half the field." - Frank Cooney, NFLDraftScout.com

Lynch
Wilson
Harvin, Baldwin, Miller, (5xOL), Richardson

Double Harvin... I dare you. Soft zone... We'll take the easy-mode first down every time. Blitz... I dare you. Stack the box... I double dare you.

May not have been a good value pick, but with both Harvin and Richardson in the route tree, safeties will have to commit early, which gives Russell the info he needs. Assuming, of course, that he's not running around with his back to the receivers because our OFFENSIVE LINE IS STILL TRASH!

Sorry. Tourettes.

TommyC376 on the Sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: