Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1, 28th overall, Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
KB looking good during mini camp

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6575/benjamin-quickly-impressing-panthers

which means little to nothing. even armanti Edwards looked good a couple years in camp. preseason will mean a ton more IMO

This comparison is disgusting! Armanti Edwards was NEVER going to be a WR and Marty Hurney was dumb enough to draft him! Rolling Eyes Good riddance to both of them! Edwards is no longer in the NFL BTW!
To The point, KB is a monster and you can hate all you want, but he WILL win you over! Book it!
Fly392009

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
KB looking good during mini camp

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6575/benjamin-quickly-impressing-panthers

which means little to nothing. even armanti Edwards looked good a couple years in camp. preseason will mean a ton more IMO

This comparison is disgusting! Armanti Edwards was NEVER going to be a WR and Marty Hurney was dumb enough to draft him! Rolling Eyes Good riddance to both of them! Edwards is no longer in the NFL BTW!
To The point, KB is a monster and you can hate all you want, but he WILL win you over! Book it!

I don't think the comparison was the point he was trying to make. But by all means go ahead and continue to blow things out of proportion.
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?

yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:

Overreact much?

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.

So if it happens, you use common sense and perspective. Just like you did. Looking good in camp, against nobody, without pads, really doesn't mean a thing. I know were all excited. But come on.

CK on the sig
ericr0319

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

So if it happens, you use common sense and perspective. Just like you did. Looking good in camp, against nobody, without pads, really doesn't mean a thing. I know were all excited. But come on.
8 TD for KB

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

8 TD for KB

Okay? Please be right?

Not sure what I am supposed to say. I have nothing against the kid. I don't think it was a bad pick. I hope he succeeds. The earlier the better.

All that said, training camp performance is still all but irrelevant.

CK on the sig
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With OBJ and Cooks signed I'd think Benjamin will sign on the dotted line soon too

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha oh man.

If a player doesn't perform well in camp, it's a really bad sign.

If a player does something impressive, it's irrelevant.

Obviously it's good to hear about our new draft pick with freakish athleticism showing it off immediately. There's nothing to detract from that.

Edwards never did anything "amazing" in camp at any point and he didn't look decent until like year three
penquin11

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

He (Armani) impressed in camp... In his third year... When he was still competing against 3rd stringers because he was behind Hixon, Lafell, and Ginn.. And while his route running was complemented, his hands never were.

I think it is important that a player not under-perform in camp, whereas players who struggle in camp usually struggle to work their way into the starting lineup, but by no means should we look at a player's camp performance and make predictions (outside of location on the depth chart) from it.

Personally, I think KB will be a great fit for us, and I'm all for drafting on potential. I think that comparing him to Armani Edwards, a guy who hadn't even run pro-routes, was undersized, and who had minimal WR experience, is an unfair comparison.... If we are going to compare KB to a fellow bust, compare him to Dwayne Jarret or Mike Williams, whose off-field problems lead more to their devise than anything else.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not comparing the two players, I was trying to compare the reactions to the two players playing catch in shorts. Once the pads are on, once the rush is on, once there is nfl caliber DB's covering him, then i'll get excited. otherwise i'll go to park and get excited about everyone tossing balls there.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
haha oh man.

Obviously it's good to hear about our new draft pick with freakish athleticism showing it off immediately. There's nothing to detract from that.

Edwards never did anything "amazing" in camp at any point and he didn't look decent until like year three

Show me where I have ever said anything even remotely like that. Me, or anyone else youre including in that.

CK on the sig
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Moody wrote:
haha oh man.

Show me where I have ever said anything even remotely like that. Me, or anyone else youre including in that.

July 10th, 2007; it was a Tuesday, at 4:47pm!... Confused No, I've never heard anyone have that kind of opinion for reals. Certainly performing badly is different than being out of shape. If a player is out of shape, I might have a little issue but not if a guy is just not doing well as a rookie learning a new system in the first month after being drafted/signed.

Sig by Me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: