Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Round 1, 28th overall, Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HighPointNCKid


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 2194
Location: Hampton, VA
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
KB looking good during mini camp

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6575/benjamin-quickly-impressing-panthers


which means little to nothing. even armanti Edwards looked good a couple years in camp. preseason will mean a ton more IMO


This comparison is disgusting! Armanti Edwards was NEVER going to be a WR and Marty Hurney was dumb enough to draft him! Rolling Eyes Good riddance to both of them! Edwards is no longer in the NFL BTW!
To The point, KB is a monster and you can hate all you want, but he WILL win you over! Book it!
_________________
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fly392009


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 667
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
atown703 wrote:
KB looking good during mini camp

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6575/benjamin-quickly-impressing-panthers


which means little to nothing. even armanti Edwards looked good a couple years in camp. preseason will mean a ton more IMO


This comparison is disgusting! Armanti Edwards was NEVER going to be a WR and Marty Hurney was dumb enough to draft him! Rolling Eyes Good riddance to both of them! Edwards is no longer in the NFL BTW!
To The point, KB is a monster and you can hate all you want, but he WILL win you over! Book it!


I don't think the comparison was the point he was trying to make. But by all means go ahead and continue to blow things out of proportion.
_________________
http://i.imgur.com/BFEbs.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighPointNCKid


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 2194
Location: Hampton, VA
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?
_________________
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2329
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1062
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29882
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


Overreact much?
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29882
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.


So if it happens, you use common sense and perspective. Just like you did. Looking good in camp, against nobody, without pads, really doesn't mean a thing. I know were all excited. But come on.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ericr0319


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 1062
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.


So if it happens, you use common sense and perspective. Just like you did. Looking good in camp, against nobody, without pads, really doesn't mean a thing. I know were all excited. But come on.
8 TD for KB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29882
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ericr0319 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.
id rather a guy look good all camp then in preseason. what if they play one possession or two and he gets 0 catches. it may not be his fault. what if cam gets sacked the whole game because we didnt draft and OT in the 2nd round, thats not KB fault.


So if it happens, you use common sense and perspective. Just like you did. Looking good in camp, against nobody, without pads, really doesn't mean a thing. I know were all excited. But come on.
8 TD for KB


Okay? Please be right?

Not sure what I am supposed to say. I have nothing against the kid. I don't think it was a bad pick. I hope he succeeds. The earlier the better.

All that said, training camp performance is still all but irrelevant.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FriendlyEnemy


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 2053
Location: USA
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With OBJ and Cooks signed I'd think Benjamin will sign on the dotted line soon too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Moody


Joined: 21 Nov 2011
Posts: 689
Location: Roma
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha oh man.

If a player doesn't perform well in camp, it's a really bad sign.

If a player does something impressive, it's irrelevant.

Obviously it's good to hear about our new draft pick with freakish athleticism showing it off immediately. There's nothing to detract from that.

Edwards never did anything "amazing" in camp at any point and he didn't look decent until like year three
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
penquin11


Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 44
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:
I caught the point. Its to minimize the fact the kid is impressing at camp. So many people didnt wanna draft him and cant just be happy the kid is impressing already. I imagine he was one of the people who didnt wanna draft him?


yes he was. no one wanted to draft armanti Edwards and he impressed at camp so I don't know what your point is. impressing at camp is meaningless. no coach/gm is going to go to camp and say "OMG the guy we just drafted looks terrible". I reserve the right to wait until preseason before I believe any hype bc I believe seeing the guy on the field vs. other NFL players is a much better indicator than playing catch. everything before IMO is pointless.


He (Armani) impressed in camp... In his third year... When he was still competing against 3rd stringers because he was behind Hixon, Lafell, and Ginn.. And while his route running was complemented, his hands never were.

I think it is important that a player not under-perform in camp, whereas players who struggle in camp usually struggle to work their way into the starting lineup, but by no means should we look at a player's camp performance and make predictions (outside of location on the depth chart) from it.

Personally, I think KB will be a great fit for us, and I'm all for drafting on potential. I think that comparing him to Armani Edwards, a guy who hadn't even run pro-routes, was undersized, and who had minimal WR experience, is an unfair comparison.... If we are going to compare KB to a fellow bust, compare him to Dwayne Jarret or Mike Williams, whose off-field problems lead more to their devise than anything else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impulser12000


Joined: 02 Mar 2005
Posts: 2329
Location: SO CAL
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not comparing the two players, I was trying to compare the reactions to the two players playing catch in shorts. Once the pads are on, once the rush is on, once there is nfl caliber DB's covering him, then i'll get excited. otherwise i'll go to park and get excited about everyone tossing balls there.
_________________


CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J Pep 4 Step


Joined: 01 Apr 2007
Posts: 29882
Location: Greenvillain, NC
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
haha oh man.

If a player doesn't perform well in camp, it's a really bad sign.

If a player does something impressive, it's irrelevant.

Obviously it's good to hear about our new draft pick with freakish athleticism showing it off immediately. There's nothing to detract from that.

Edwards never did anything "amazing" in camp at any point and he didn't look decent until like year three


Show me where I have ever said anything even remotely like that. Me, or anyone else youre including in that.
_________________

CK on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CarolinaKitten


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 12179
Location: 'Scansin
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Moody wrote:
haha oh man.

If a player doesn't perform well in camp, it's a really bad sign.

If a player does something impressive, it's irrelevant.

Obviously it's good to hear about our new draft pick with freakish athleticism showing it off immediately. There's nothing to detract from that.

Edwards never did anything "amazing" in camp at any point and he didn't look decent until like year three


Show me where I have ever said anything even remotely like that. Me, or anyone else youre including in that.


July 10th, 2007; it was a Tuesday, at 4:47pm!... Confused No, I've never heard anyone have that kind of opinion for reals. Certainly performing badly is different than being out of shape. If a player is out of shape, I might have a little issue but not if a guy is just not doing well as a rookie learning a new system in the first month after being drafted/signed.
_________________

Sig by Me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group