Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1(21): Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix [S; Alabama]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
[Not sure why people don't believe McCarthy when he says Hyde will see more playing time, not less.

Because he didn't say that?

McCarthy said he deserves the OPPORTUNITY to be a three down player, which he does. They are going to try to find ways to use him but he still has to cash in on that opportunity and earn his playing time. He isn't getting anything handed to him nor should he or anybody else.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gopackgonerd"]It just goes to show you how much depth at S we have this year compared to last year./quote]

We don't have any depth this year either really. Or quality depth I should say. The talent I feel is a lot better, though. But the only proven S we have is Burnett and hes not even that good (hes not bad either). the fact that all were really relying on is talent and that kinda worries me. Heres to HHCD being the RDPOY! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Frank-O"]
Gopackgonerd wrote:
It just goes to show you how much depth at S we have this year compared to last year./quote]

We don't have any depth this year either really. Or quality depth I should say. The talent I feel is a lot better, though. But the only proven S we have is Burnett and hes not even that good (hes not bad either). the fact that all were really relying on is talent and that kinda worries me. Heres to HHCD being the RDPOY! Wink

Better S depth than the center position. Laughing
We'll likely see improvement from Richardson, and Hyde/Clinton-Dix look a lot better the undersized CB' Jennings masquerading as a safety and the small school bust, McMillan.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Frank-O"]
Gopackgonerd wrote:
It just goes to show you how much depth at S we have this year compared to last year./quote]

Hearing "Talent" and "Saftey" in the same sentence is music to my ears! Very Happy
NAZPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting take from this gentlemen on CheeseheadTV

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/xs-os-breakdown-micah-hyde-as-nickel-linebackerdime-cornerback-hybrid

Quote:
So, what is a logical way to use Hyde? The answer: as a nickel linebacker/dime cornerback hybrid defender. What does this mean? It means that instead of having two pure inside linebackers in Domís 2-4-5 nickel, Hyde (technically the dime cornerback) would serve as one of the linebackers with only one pure inside linebacker (ILB) playing next to him.

Not sure if Hyde has all the tools but it would make for an interesting personel grouping when up two scores or more.

(didn't make it through all 33 pages so apologies if this has already been posted)
Revel8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Dix will be a starting safety alongside Burnett. Hyde is so versatile that he'll be able to still see the field whether it's as the 3rd S, nickel CB or dime CB.

One thing is for sure, we've learned that you can never have enough talented DB's on your team.

I agree. While the Packers are deep at CB, they're not so deep at safety and have many more question marks back there. It only makes sense to try Hyde at safety to see how well he can help contribute at the position. Who knows, he could run with it; he has the ability to.

Hyde's versatility can really help this defense (and special teams unit) overall. His above average instincts can help him play the same types of rolls that Charles Woodson did; including Woodson's former role as a punt returner.
BartStarving

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAZPackFan wrote:

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/xs-os-breakdown-micah-hyde-as-nickel-linebackerdime-cornerback-hybrid

Quote:
So, what is a logical way to use Hyde? The answer: as a nickel linebacker/dime cornerback hybrid defender. What does this mean? It means that instead of having two pure inside linebackers in Domís 2-4-5 nickel, Hyde (technically the dime cornerback) would serve as one of the linebackers with only one pure inside linebacker (ILB) playing next to him.

Not sure if Hyde has all the tools but it would make for an interesting personel grouping when up two scores or more.

(didn't make it through all 33 pages so apologies if this has already been posted)

I'm off-topic a bit here but, you are going to see a lot of that in college football soon. NFL Safety types are being recruited as linebackers to defend all the Read/Option/Spread offenses. The theory is, "We dare you to run up the gut against us." A prediction: the next offensive "genius" is going to be the coach who rediscovers the Bettis, Alstott big-back and simple dives and draws.
NCPackers_08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
NAZPackFan wrote:

Quote:

I'm off-topic a bit here but, you are going to see a lot of that in college football soon. NFL Safety types are being recruited as linebackers to defend all the Read/Option/Spread offenses. The theory is, "We dare you to run up the gut against us." A prediction: the next offensive "genius" is going to be the coach who rediscovers the Bettis, Alstott big-back and simple dives and draws.

This is why Taylor Mays was/is ahead of his time. He would have been perfect for this role. I also agree where we will see this shift in what a NFL safety will be; Football is a game of juxtaposition where for every action there is a reaction and for every reaction, there is an action.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAZPackFan wrote:

Quote:

This we did that with WOodson a few times at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 43 rec. 655 yds, 5 TDs
Tongue-Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:

I'm happier about the fact that he was still going for the ball than I am about the hit.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

I'm happier about the fact that he was still going for the ball than I am about the hit.

And because college football is dumber than a bag of hammers, he still got flagged and they had to go to the replay to determine whether or not he should be ejected. They went to the replay, saw it was a clean play, but then couldn't take back the penalty, again because college football is the dumbest thing in the world.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tongue-Splitter wrote:
thrILL! wrote:

Your jus lucky you have a safety that will get there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackers_08 wrote:
BartStarving wrote:
NAZPackFan wrote:

Quote:

This is why Taylor Mays was/is ahead of his time. He would have been perfect for this role. I also agree where we will see this shift in what a NFL safety will be; Football is a game of juxtaposition where for every action there is a reaction and for every reaction, there is an action.

Not a big fan of the one-dimensional Taylor Mays who's played for how many teams in his NFL career already? And, expect Clinton-Dix to be a better football player than the former Trojan in every way.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:

Cool

Wait are safeties allowed to do that? Get picks I mean not the illegal hit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: