Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1(21): Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix [S; Alabama]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a pure prospect standpoint, I'd have a small list of prospects that I felt had a first round grade.

Since the injury, I'd order them Vaccaro, HHCD, Barron. Those were the only three I really wanted us to be able to add. Didn't have a chance on the other two on the list barring a trade-up, so I'm glad we waited.

I was wrong on Smith, as I felt he was a firmly round 2 prospect. Felt the same about Pryor this season and Reid last season.

BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So out of Hyde, Burnett and HHCD.

Who are our starting 2 week 1?

How about to end the season?

Week 1 of 2015?

Not so sure Hyde ever gives up a starting job if he keeps it to start the season.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
N. Collins Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
So out of Hyde, Burnett and HHCD.

Who are our starting 2 week 1?

How about to end the season?

Week 1 of 2015?

Not so sure Hyde ever gives up a starting job if he keeps it to start the season.

Burnett and Clinton-Dix. They will find other ways to keep Hyde on the field. As much nickel and dime as we play, it will not be difficult. Could actually see Hyde as the nickel early on and Hayward have to earn his way back into the rotation. Again, IMO, there will be plenty of snaps to go around.

Read more. Post less.
spilltray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Hyde, but I don't see him beating out Clinton-Dix any more than one of the RB on the roster were going to beat out Lacy last year. Clinton-Dix has more experience seeing things deep on the back end and is more athletic. Hyde is better in space as a 5th DB, either "CB" in the slot or an "up S" look, pretty much the same role, just different looks depending on the opponent's formation. He's going to have to fight Hayward for that spot though.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there has been a lot of talk around here about Hyde because of what MM said about wanting him to have the "OPPORTUNITY" to be a three down player......

.....BUT.....

.....I'm really not convinced we see a whole lot of Hyde on the field this year. I'm not nearly as high on him as most around here seem to be.

I think it's very possible, if not probable, our base looks like Shields, HHCD, Burnett, and Williams with Hayward coming in as the nickel back. That's a guesstimated three quarters of plays I really don't see a guy I'd take off the field for Hyde.

When we go to dime it'll be interesting to see if Hyde comes in (to play over the slot or as a third safety type) or if House shows enough that they put him out wide and slide Williams inside.

If House can avoid the big play, which has been his main issue on the field, I think I'd quite prefer the latter of those two. House just seems to be a far more talented player. Wish we could slap Hyde's mind together with House's skillset. Dr. Frankenstein's corner would be a heck of a player.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres nothing wrong with keeping hyde at CB depth..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hyde will start 5-6 games at S this year. I think we will see a heavy rotation when he comes in off the bench. I still think he is our best tackling DB and could see him playing his way into our long term starter. If everybody stays healthy I think the minutes for HaHa, Burnett and Hyde are almost equal this year. Something like 75-80%, for Burnett, 55-60% for both Hyde and HaHa, and a little change for a 4th safety.
fan-59

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_wolf84 wrote:
I think Hyde will start 5-6 games at S this year. I think we will see a heavy rotation when he comes in off the bench. I still think he is our best tackling DB and could see him playing his way into our long term starter. If everybody stays healthy I think the minutes for HaHa, Burnett and Hyde are almost equal this year. Something like 75-80%, for Burnett, 55-60% for both Hyde and HaHa, and a little change for a 4th safety.

why do people say Hyde was our best tackling DB? your the second person I read that from today, and why would anyone think Hyde would keep Hayward on the bench, in his rookie year Hayward had more tackles, and was far better in coverage.

Dix will be the starting FS by the first PS game, and will never give that position up without injury

I look at HYde as our 5 or 6th DB, however that works towards him getting playing time is anyones guess.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B_wolf84 wrote:

When healthy, Burnett never comes off the field.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capers has used a "heavy nickel" in the past. He commented that he sometimes prefers using a 3 safety nickel "in case they try to gash you with running plays" vs the nickel D.

Hyde may or may not be more stout vs the run than Hayward, but that's one possibility to get him more playing time.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just goes to show you how much depth at S we have this year compared to last year. Trying to decide if our talented 1st round pick will even start over Hyde. Getting me excited about our D this year!
GreenGold12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayward and Hyde are sick combo to cover the slots in dime. When we're up 14+ on teams, he'll be on the field plenty.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dix will be a starting safety alongside Burnett. Hyde is so versatile that he'll be able to still see the field whether it's as the 3rd S, nickel CB or dime CB.

One thing is for sure, we've learned that you can never have enough talented DB's on your team.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Skypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fan-59 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:

why do people say Hyde was our best tackling DB? your the second person I read that from today, and why would anyone think Hyde would keep Hayward on the bench, in his rookie year Hayward had more tackles, and was far better in coverage.

Dix will be the starting FS by the first PS game, and will never give that position up without injury

I look at HYde as our 5 or 6th DB, however that works towards him getting playing time is anyones guess.

Not sure why people don't believe McCarthy when he says Hyde will see more playing time, not less. Why wouldn't he make the second-year jump? And, House (mentioned earlier)? I'm not seeing it. He's wildly inconsistent and now in his 4th season. Looks like the disappointing Pat Lee.

Remember, even CM3 didn't start over Brady Poppinga until mid-way through the 2009 season. I'm a fan of both Hyde and Clinton-Dix, but wouldn't be surprised if Hyde gets more snaps early. Kind of a nice problem to have when you consider how weak the FS position has been since week 2 of 2011. Wink
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
fan-59 wrote:
B_wolf84 wrote:

Not sure why people don't believe McCarthy when he says Hyde will see more playing time, not less. Why wouldn't he make the second-year jump? And, House (mentioned earlier)? I'm not seeing it. He's wildly inconsistent and now in his 4th season. Looks like the disappointing Pat Lee.

Remember, even CM3 didn't start over Brady Poppinga until mid-way through the 2009 season. I'm a fan of both Hyde and Clinton-Dix, but wouldn't be surprised if Hyde gets more snaps early. Kind of a nice problem to have when you consider how weak the FS position has been since week 2 of 2011. Wink

He did miss most of training camp with injury that year, though. It's tough to plug in a rookie who missed significant pre-season time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

Jump to: