Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 17th Pick, the Ravens select... CJ Mosley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody else seen the clip of Newsome on the phone with Mosley? He's a lot more animated than I've ever seen him before.

And there's this:

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19s
Ravens list first-round linebacker C.J. Mosley as No. 57 on their roster. That's former linebacker Bart Scott's old number
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Has anybody else seen the clip of Newsome on the phone with Mosley? He's a lot more animated than I've ever seen him before.

And there's this:

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19s
Ravens list first-round linebacker C.J. Mosley as No. 57 on their roster. That's former linebacker Bart Scott's old number

No surprise there, he's drafting an Alabama guy...
janky

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm prettty happy with Mosely. Couldn't have done much better.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mosley signed his rookie contract.

Quote:
Ravens deal for first-round linebacker C.J. Mosley is worth $8.787 million and includes a $4.711 million signing bonus

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/471352725054058497

Tom Brady Tribute
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear he's signed. And all the noises coming out of the Ravens' camp at the moment sound very encouraging.

Stuff like this:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/CJ-Mosley-Already-Catching-On-Quickly/d2e0cd71-b26c-4b45-a0c8-5fd808a443d3

I'm still not a great fan of the pick, but if he can become a dominant player at ILB, and a leader on the team, then it should be worth it in the end.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Complete side note, my old roommate was trying to trash talk (all in good fun) and say he was another Rolando McLain. Everything I've heard and read about him indicates the exact opposite. It's like 1% of my overall opinion on the thing, but I also really liked that Ray seemed to be a big fan of the pick. He hasn't shied away from being respectfully critical of moves made by the org in the past.

Yeah... I get that he's just trash talking and stuff but... McClain and Mosley couldn't be further apart in how they play. I had only watched a little bit of McClain's film because he wasn't thought to be in our pick range and we didn't have a major need, but what I watched, I wasn't very impressed with at the time. I thought he was a stiff thumper option that didn't attack the LOS well. He was slow from sideline to sideline and was only adequate at taking on blocks. I didn't think he was anything better than above average as a run stopper. But his leadership intangibles were being slobbered over by the media. I chalked my opinion of him up to only watching very little of him and assumed he must've been much better in his other tape. But in hindsight that most likely wasn't the case.

Mosley on the other hand isn't a thumper. Though I think he does a very good job of taking on blocks for a WILB type, he's not great, but is much better at it than most LBers his size. He does a nice job of flowing from sideline to sideline. He's very good and experienced as a coverage LBer.

My only concern with him was that I didn't see him attacking the LOS as much as I think an elite collegiate LBer prospect should. He does flow downhill, but That's likely an Alabama teaching, but I prefer that aggressiveness to be coached out of a player and not the other way around. Though Mosley is still plenty aggressive. Another concern is that I think Mosley is a superior coverage LBer to Arthur Brown... I think he's an inferior blitzer. I don't think his initial explosion is great enough nor his timing to be as effective in that role.

I see a prime Jon Beason when I look at Mosley. Will excel at both ILB and OLB. Very nice cover LBer option that makes big plays in coverage but doesn't blitz the passer as well as you'd like. If he can improve on his pass rushing skillset than I liken him to Navorro Bowman.

Just for reference, I think Arthur Brown compares favorably to Daryl Washington with his pass rushing ability inside along with instincts and pass coverage strengths to boot.

So if both players realize their potential we could be looking at:
Jon Beason - Daryl Smith - Daryl Washington... That'd definitely be a very stacked LBer squad. Arguably best in the league.

Worth noting that in limited preseason action we've seen quite a bit of attacking the LOS from him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halway through the season, I don't think anyone here would still be disappointed in the pick Wink

The flaws mentioned about attacking the LOS, athletic ability, taking on blockers -- I think CJ has shown that he does these things just fine.

Already one of my favorite players.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Teehee. Laughing

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you guys are talking about Mr. Green
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

What is Mosleys chances of getting an all pro selection this year.... Luke down in Carolina is one but with all the injuries and his actual production.... I think Mosley has a real shot... That is if he keeps up his play
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

What is Mosleys chances of getting an all pro selection this year.... Luke down in Carolina is one but with all the injuries and his actual production.... I think Mosley has a real shot... That is if he keeps up his play

I like his chances, personally. Willis, Bowman, and Kuechly are all having down years due to injuries or lack of production. Mosley has been a freaking beast at ILB this year and aside from perhaps Bobby Wagner, he might be the best ILB in the NFL this year. I would certainly expect him, if he keeps up this level of play, to be at the very worst 2nd team all-pro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: