Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OLB Khalil Mack - 1rst Round pick.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say there is a real comparison for mack out there. He is extremely comfortable playing OLB and end. His numbers from a physical standpoint were better than Von Millers (except for the 40 (.04) slower). However, he plays with more power and less speed. I guess he could be compared to Suggs or Brooks but he's better in coverage than both (10 passes defended!!) and is faster than both. Hopefully he's a guy who others will be measured up against in the future Very Happy.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I wouldn't say there is a real comparison for mack out there. He is extremely comfortable playing OLB and end. His numbers from a physical standpoint were better than Von Millers (except for the 40 (.04) slower). However, he plays with more power and less speed. I guess he could be compared to Suggs or Brooks but he's better in coverage than both (10 passes defended!!) and is faster than both. Hopefully he's a guy who others will be measured up against in the future Very Happy.

Exactly, I want to see 8 weeks into the season other posters from teams who drafted before us complain how they should have taken Mack instead. I'm so tired of us being that team.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Exactly, I want to see 8 weeks into the season other posters from teams who drafted before us complain how they should have taken Mack instead. I'm so tired of us being that team.

I'm more tired of us missing out on the guy taken right after us. Almost every guy has been a pro bowl player after us.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

I'm more tired of us missing out on the guy taken right after us. Almost every guy has been a pro bowl player after us.

Sheldon richardson Wink. Best (impssible) case we get 4 pro bowlers out of the class: Mack, Carr, Jackson, and McGill. Imagine that.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Sheldon richardson Wink. Best (impssible) case we get 4 pro bowlers out of the class: Mack, Carr, Jackson, and McGill. Imagine that.

id settle for a Pro Bowler(Mack) an above average QB (Carr) a plug and play G (Jackson) and a solid #2 CB(McGill) and a rotational DT(Jelly)
oaktownOG

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DROY

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
DROY

If healthy then a real possibility. He will be used in a variety of ways to create mismatches.
OakleyCap

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaktownOG wrote:
DROY

I agree. I am really excited to see how good a trio of Moore, Roach, and Mack can be playing behind a defensive line that can actually hold their own in the run game and can create a pass rush. I think Moore and Mack could develop into one of the better young OLB duos in the league within the next year or two.

It's awesome to see that we're starting to add some young talent on the defensive side of the ball. We just need to add a young difference maker on the defensive line and another young starting defensive lineman soon and we'll have a nice young defensive core going forward to build around.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakleyCap wrote:
oaktownOG wrote:
DROY

I agree. I am really excited to see how good a trio of Moore, Roach, and Mack can be playing behind a defensive line that can actually hold their own in the run game and can create a pass rush. I think Moore and Mack could develop into one of the better young OLB duos in the league within the next year or two.

It's awesome to see that we're starting to add some young talent on the defensive side of the ball. We just need to add a young difference maker on the defensive line and another young starting defensive lineman soon and we'll have a nice young defensive core going forward to build around.

Im pumped to see our team..this is the most excited I have been to see our team in a LONG TIME (I still think we end up with a top 5 pick though) but it is the first year in a long time, that I felt we took a step in the right direction.
I am comfortable with our DLINE and LB's (huge upgrades from last year). But our DB's are a HUGE question mark.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………
2. Will Terrell Brown & Carlos Rodgers play solid enough for us..more a question about Rodgers..
3. Will we get production from either of our Rookie Cbs? I have high hopes for McGill if used right.
4. Can we Get some like Chance Casey to step up? Maybe Chekwa.
5. Can Branch prove me wrong? and FINALLY show he can cover….probably not..6. who plays FS?

Going to be real interesting to see
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought he is almost the same size as woodley and i respect le beau. great teacher for mack?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
bitty

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
Mike Mayock before the draft said he would take Mack #1 overall:

Quote:
“He’s one of the best two or three players in this draft,” Mayock said. “I’m going to tell you right now, I’d take him with the first pick.”

“Khalil Mack can play anywhere in the front,” Mayock said. “If you put the tape on against Ohio State, he dominates Ohio State like nobody I’ve ever seen dominate them. He’s explosive off the edge, he’s tough, he’s twitchy, he’s got a little edge about him. When I watch him on tape I feel like he’s pissed off at the world, and I like that. Then you put on a tape, I think it was Kent State, and he drops into coverage like a safety, reads the quarterback’s eyes, undercuts a route, one-handed interception.”

“You talk about a guy like Clowney, who’s just got superhuman abilities, versus this kid, if I had a choice between the two, I think I’m going Mack,” Mayock said.

He said it back at the combine in Feb or March

Does it matter it was before the draft?

Anyways I love the "When I watch him on tape I feel like he’s pissed off at the world" part though. Twisted Evil

I was just pointing out that Mayock has been high on him for quite a while now. Several other analysts have said they would have taken him #1 overall.

Then they're not smart.
The right guy went #1.

That remains to be seen. Do I have to remind people that Clowney never played down of OLB in college yet people still think he's a better OLB then Mack, how is that even possible.
By the way the most important trait of a OLB is not athletic ability but to be able to diagnosing a play quickly.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

Quote:
“He’s one of the best two or three players in this draft,” Mayock said. “I’m going to tell you right now, I’d take him with the first pick.”

“Khalil Mack can play anywhere in the front,” Mayock said. “If you put the tape on against Ohio State, he dominates Ohio State like nobody I’ve ever seen dominate them. He’s explosive off the edge, he’s tough, he’s twitchy, he’s got a little edge about him. When I watch him on tape I feel like he’s pissed off at the world, and I like that. Then you put on a tape, I think it was Kent State, and he drops into coverage like a safety, reads the quarterback’s eyes, undercuts a route, one-handed interception.”

“You talk about a guy like Clowney, who’s just got superhuman abilities, versus this kid, if I had a choice between the two, I think I’m going Mack,” Mayock said.

Anyways I love the "When I watch him on tape I feel like he’s pissed off at the world" part though. Twisted Evil

I was just pointing out that Mayock has been high on him for quite a while now. Several other analysts have said they would have taken him #1 overall.

Then they're not smart.
The right guy went #1.

That remains to be seen. Do I have to remind people that Clowney never played down of OLB in college yet people still think he's a better OLB then Mack, how is that even possible.
By the way the most important trait of a OLB is not athletic ability but to be able to diagnosing a play quickly.

Romeo crennel is going to maximize his talents he probably will rarely drop into coverage. Mario williams went through this in 2011 and he was doing it at almost 290 lbs. He was doing well before he tore his pec against oakland.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
bitty

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
bitty wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

Quote:

Then they're not smart.
The right guy went #1.

Romeo crennel is going to maximize his talents he probably will rarely drop into coverage. Mario williams went through this in 2011 and he was doing it at almost 290 lbs. He was doing well before he tore his pec against oakland.

It could be but it still makes no sense drafting a person number one overall and switching his position.
I can't remember if that ever happened before.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Speed_Wrench wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:

Jake Matthews was taken right after the Raiders and he'll be solid right away.

However, I hope Mack makes much more of an impact right off the bat.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
CrapTakula wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Chris Lance wrote:

Quote:

Then they're not smart.
The right guy went #1.

no, it really doesn't remain to be seen.

it's very possible that the guy picked at #6 or the guy picked at #157 might have a better career than the guy at #1 but there's so many factors involved in what makes a great career (team, scheme, coaches, team mates, etc.).

i hope our guy ends up super elite and better than everyone else in the class, but had i been drafting #1 i wouldn't have taken him. the guy with the best chance to be a the best player went #1 in this years draft.

Bolansho Boro Begoz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: