Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Ravens To Draft?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I want Bishop Sankey, but everyone knows that already Cool
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First year I simply have no idea. I guess Dennard, Martin or Cooks.
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ Mosley!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, assuming we're realistic and that Lewan and Evans aren't gonna happen, I'd say in order:

Zach Martin
Eric Ebron
Calvin Pryor
Jimmy Ward (in a trade down)
Brandon Cooks
Darqueze Dennard

I know it goes against the Ravens bpa philosophy, but taking a defensive guy that isn't a safety wouldn't be my first choice, just because I like the guys we already have on defense. That's why guys like Barr and Donald aren't on my list despite me thinking that they'll be good players.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going into day 2, we have the following selections:

48, 79, 99(c)

Does anyone think the following is at all possible:

48. Jordan Mathews, WR, Vandy
79. RaShede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
99. Terrence West, RB, Towson / Weston Richburg, OC, CSU / Terrence Brooks, S, FSU

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Going into day 2, we have the following selections:

48, 79, 99(c)

Does anyone think the following is at all possible:

48. Jordan Mathews, WR, Vandy
79. RaShede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
99. Terrence West, RB, Towson / Weston Richburg, OC, CSU / Terrence Brooks, S, FSU

I think it might be more possible if you swap Matthews for Hageman.

That said, I'm sort of hoping we don't take another DT. That could make us more likely to stay with the 34 base.

It's also probably doubtful that Brooks or Richburg make it to our 3rd round pick at this point considering how the safety board has gone and Richburg being the best center in this class.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some combo of Tuitt, Moncrief, and Seferian-Jenkins tonight
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very premature, but how would you guys expect Stephon Tuitt to fit into a 43 defense. Who might a pro comparison be for him in that scheme.

I know there's not even any discussion from the front office about a potential scheme change or anything, but just hypothetically speaking.

I'm not sure about how I see him fitting in the 43 scheme. Personally I think he's the much better fit in a 34 scheme. And I know... we run a hybrid, but still we've got to have a base defense. And if that base defense ends up being a 43... I'm trying to figure out how I like Tuitt in that capacity. I think he could struggle. A lot like how Cameron Jordan struggled to adapt to the Saints 43 defense. I see both players as somewhat comparable talents from when they were coming out. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much anyone but Jeremy Hill...

WR/TE
Marqise Lee, WR
Jordan Matthews, WR
Troy Niklas, TE
Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
Jace Amaro, TE

OL
Morgan Moses, OT
Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
Joel Bitonio, OT/OG
Xavier Sua-Filo, OG

DL
Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT
Louis Nix III, DT
Ra'Shede Hageman, DT

S
Lamarcus Joyner
Terrance Brooks

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Fri May 09, 2014 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
This is very premature, but how would you guys expect Stephon Tuitt to fit into a 43 defense. Who might a pro comparison be for him in that scheme.

I know there's not even any discussion from the front office about a potential scheme change or anything, but just hypothetically speaking.

I'm not sure about how I see him fitting in the 43 scheme. Personally I think he's the much better fit in a 34 scheme. And I know... we run a hybrid, but still we've got to have a base defense. And if that base defense ends up being a 43... I'm trying to figure out how I like Tuitt in that capacity. I think he could struggle. A lot like how Cameron Jordan struggled to adapt to the Saints 43 defense. I see both players as somewhat comparable talents from when they were coming out. Maybe someone can convince me otherwise?

He can play 4-3 end and tackle. Richard Seymour is a good comparison for him, IMO. Before New England switched to a 34, Seymour was still getting it done with the 43 and I think Tuitt is capable of doing the same thing.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Tuitt in the first place but I really don't like his fit in a 4-3. He's not particularly good edge-rusher nor is he one to set the edge in the running game as a base defensive end. Inside as a 3-technique is probably Tuitt's best fit but it's probably not ideal for him to be going up against guards and centers. I like him a lot better going up against tackles and guards as a one-gap 5-technique. He can play other positions but I don't think he can do so successfully.

Please, please no Louis Nix.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrence Brooks is the best Safety left on the board. Has to be him tonight. They can't go into the season with a suspect Secondary, because the AFC is going to have more potency in passing than ever before.

If not him, then Loston or Bailey look like the next best. Both could work out well, but I'm less confident.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Terrence Brooks is the best Safety left on the board. Has to be him tonight. They can't go into the season with a suspect Secondary, because the AFC is going to have more potency in passing than ever before.

If not him, then Loston or Bailey look like the next best. Both could work out well, but I'm less confident.

Lamarcus Joyner FTW...

I like Craig Loston as a viable option though. That said, I have a feeling our scouts will probably take some small school/division safety that we don't know much if anything about. Someone that after reading up on him and locate a few videos realize he's quite the stud. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
That said, I have a feeling our scouts will probably take some small school/division safety that we don't know much if anything about. Someone that after reading up on him and locate a few videos realize he's quite the stud. Smile

Jonathan Dowling.....?

Ty Zimmerman, perhaps.....?

Wink

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Options at safety besides Brooks and Joyner that I have some interest in include Brock Vereen and Marqueston Huff. I could especially see the team liking Vereen. He has the type of character they tend to favor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: