Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Do You Want The Ravens To Draft?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Who Do You Want The Ravens To Draft? Reply with quote

Different than who you think, who is you ideal first round pick? Be pseudo realistic. For me:

Anthony Barr or Brandin Cooks. Mike Evans should he fall, but odds are slim.

This is the first time in a few years where I haven't had a strong gut about who they would pick. I'd be disappointed in Zach Martin, I don't think there is the value, especially in Kubiac's scheme to drafting lineman high.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love Taylor Lewan but my guess is hes long gone.

Barr, Cooks or Beckham would be my answer
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My #1 realistic option is Martin. I think we could plug him in at LG or RT and KO at the other. We've seen how Joe operates when he has time so I think he'd help our team the most and he's versatile as all get out.

Other than him, if Barr fell I'd be all over it (maybe even ahead of Martin).

WR, only if Evans fell far enough, otherwise I'd want to wait.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my ideal first round pick depends upon where we're picking. If we stay still then I'm hoping for Anthony Barr or Aaron Donald. I think both are going to be All Pro players at the next level. A class above the other talents that should be available at pick #17...

In the event that both players are gone I hope we trade down for a 2nd. In the event that happens and we pick up a late 1st I think my ideal player has to be Jordan Matthews or Stephon Tuitt... Though I'd also be quite high on Kyle Fuller or Cyrus Kouandjio.

In terms of "feeling", I've got a feeling that we take Fuller. Great corner prospect, great special teams option, versatile, local, leadership qualities... Just have a feeling he's one of "the guys" they want.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Well my ideal first round pick depends upon where we're picking. If we stay still then I'm hoping for Anthony Barr or Aaron Donald. I think both are going to be All Pro players at the next level. A class above the other talents that should be available at pick #17...

In the event that both players are gone I hope we trade down for a 2nd. In the event that happens and we pick up a late 1st I think my ideal player has to be Jordan Matthews or Stephon Tuitt... Though I'd also be quite high on Kyle Fuller or Cyrus Kouandjio.

In terms of "feeling", I've got a feeling that we take Fuller. Great corner prospect, great special teams option, versatile, local, leadership qualities... Just have a feeling he's one of "the guys" they want.

Agreed on Fuller if we move back, which I have a feeling we will. And honestly, it may help the FS situation in that it always gives the potential of moving Webb if one of the younger corners shows they can handle the nickel and Fuller shows he can start.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been all about Zack Martin for so long now, I can't change now. But I also like Darqueze Dennard, Eric Ebron, and Odell Beckham an awful lot too.

I would be happy if any of them are Ravens b the end of the night.

Hopefully we wait until tomorrow to get a S, because I like Ward and Buccannon better than the 1st round S options, but I think Pryor and Clinton-Dix real possibilities tonight.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't based on any rumors I've seen or anything, but I just have this feeling the Ravens will somehow end up drafting Jimmie Ward either in the late first or early second round (would require at least 1 trade I would imagine).

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Agreed on Fuller if we move back, which I have a feeling we will. And honestly, it may help the FS situation in that it always gives the potential of moving Webb if one of the younger corners shows they can handle the nickel and Fuller shows he can start.

Not to mention that Kyle Fuller also presents some FS ability and could potentially be used in that role. The Georgia Texh tape shows his ability to play in the box and his other tapes shows that he's fluid and great at diagnosing plays in a zone for the single high looks. He definitely has some similar qualities as Devin McCourty coming out and IIRC we had a lot of interest in him as well.. Or at least Ray Rice was interested.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barr, Donald, or Fuller.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
My #1 realistic option is Martin. I think we could plug him in at LG or RT and KO at the other. We've seen how Joe operates when he has time so I think he'd help our team the most and he's versatile as all get out.

Other than him, if Barr fell I'd be all over it (maybe even ahead of Martin).

WR, only if Evans fell far enough, otherwise I'd want to wait.

I agree with this. Martin is my #1 choice. If we trade down, then Jimmie Ward is my #1 choice because this team can never have too many Smith's or too many Jimmie's!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy. Darqueze Dennard. There cannot be any other option.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two rounds - Barr and Ward. But it won't happen, because Ward is surely not going to last until the Ravens' 2nd round pick.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewan probably isn't even possible but I'll include him for the hell of it.

1. Taylor Lewan
2. Ryan Shazier
3. Eric Ebron
4. C.J. Mosley
5. Brandin Cooks
6. Ra'Shede Hageman

Absolutely do not want Martin and wouldn't be thrilled with Clinton-Dix either.

Free Ray Rice
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, at this point all I got to say is...

Give me Mike Evans or give me a trade down! Cool

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taylor Lewan, Zack Martin, Eric Ebron, trade back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: